Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help/Advice required - head/brain dull aches - 6 weeks

[Ad...]

Hello, 

Used Lorazepam for 2.5 years to sleep regularly at night due to my health condition of being unable to sleep, usually once a night, i have been getting some sweats and dull head issues that are just not going away, i only took maximum of 1.5mg and as low as 0.75mg - but i guess for the prolonged constant period of time my brain has become accustomed to the drug. I have started to taper but im still getting withdrawal symptoms, I didnt stop the drug but lowered to 0.75mg and then 0.4mg. 

If anyone has any advice or answers to these questions i would be incredibly grateful, 

If anyone has any advice because im beginning to go a little mad with this. Apologies for anything obvious i have missed, i am new to this and would appreciate any help. I cannot rest, relax or concentrate for one second and its very scary. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. 

Thank you

Adam 

[Pa...]

Hello @[Ad...], welcome!

Please, no apology needed, when even doctors have no idea how to taper their patients off of these medications, you certainly can't be expected to!

It sounds like your body has indeed grown dependent on the Lorazepam, and once this happens, the drug begins to cause the issues we went on it to fix, like panic, anxiety and insomnia, plus a host of other symptoms.  This all happens while we're still taking it, before we even begin to taper from it.  

We typically suggest reducing your dose by about 5-10% every few weeks or whenever your symptoms will allow, its good to let your symptoms determine your taper rate.

What size pills do you have, we can provide suggestion on how to make the cuts.

@[Pa...]

[An...]

What has helped me tremendously is a migraine wafer called maxalt: consult your doctor about it. It’s worked magic for my headaches/migraines during withdrawal. Tried everything, codiene, Advil, Panadol all didn’t help. Celtic salt is also great 

[Ad...]
3 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Hello @[Ad...], welcome!

Please, no apology needed, when even doctors have no idea how to taper their patients off of these medications, you certainly can't be expected to!

It sounds like your body has indeed grown dependent on the Lorazepam, and once this happens, the drug begins to cause the issues we went on it to fix, like panic, anxiety and insomnia, plus a host of other symptoms.  This all happens while we're still taking it, before we even begin to taper from it.  

We typically suggest reducing your dose by about 5-10% every few weeks or whenever your symptoms will allow, its good to let your symptoms determine your taper rate.

What size pills do you have, we can provide suggestion on how to make the cuts.

@[Pa...]

Hello Pamster, thank you so much for replying, the pills are 2.75mg - so quite small, use a feather weight scale in grams to get the right dosage, i guess im not taking enough right now or the dose might be so low its not having any effect. I have a regular pill cutter. 

[Ad...]
2 hours ago, [[A...] said:

What has helped me tremendously is a migraine wafer called maxalt: consult your doctor about it. It’s worked magic for my headaches/migraines during withdrawal. Tried everything, codiene, Advil, Panadol all didn’t help. Celtic salt is also great 

Thank you, i will look into it, much appreciated. 

• Love 1

[Ad...]
2 hours ago, [[A...] said:

I have found Rizatriptan 10mg in the UK. 

[Pa...]
57 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Thank you, i will look into it, much appreciated. 

Glad to see you're using a scale, how long did it take you to go from 1.5 to .4 mgs?  You should still be receiving some therapeutic benefit from the Lorazepam at that dose.  And you only take it once a day, correct, are you suffering from any interdose withdrawal, many of our Ativan users will dose up to 3 times a day. 

[An...]
11 hours ago, [[A...] said:

I have found Rizatriptan 10mg in the UK. 

Yes that’s the one! Read into it, it’s really good 

[On...]

I use a headease oil, put it on my head neat, numbs it contains :

basil

eucalyptus 

lavender 

peppermint 

rosemary 

sweet marjoram 

&wintergreen essential oils. 

with fan therapy and water.

I have to have a coffee too as paracetamol doesn't work on own.