Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

5 weeks of benzos

Going into week five my granddaughter came up to give some support bless her while my partner went back to work had a terrible day yesterday and last night with WD it slowly subsided this morning was able to get 3 hrs sleep something to eat and wash and change been ok for a couple of hrs then they slowly creep bk in late afternoon 

[pi...]

It sounds like you are coping. @[...]. That’s what we do during the early days of recovery. It’s getting through each minute, hour and day while the cns starts to heal. I am glad your granddaughter came over. Unfortunately we aren’t in charge of the healing, the system will takes whatever time it needs to recover. It will work to find that balance. 

• Like 1

@[pi...]well I am working with what time I have at the moment and not over exerting myself to much as the nausea is not nice its baby steps just allowing my body to adjust and heal eating healthy and moving when I can thank you

[Js...]

Stay the course @[...] 

• Make sure to drink plenty of water
  • Lay down when you need too
  • Eat what you can, even if it's drinking those ensure bottles
  • Positive thoughts, it's hard but you are fighting - that's most important. 
  • Take it one day at a time

I support you, in the same way you have supported others here.

Forever strong :smitten:

• Like 2

@[Js...]thank you it means alot knowing that.As some days as harder than others people around me don't understand what I am going through as they do not see the symptoms, I know what my body is going through as many people on here are suffering the same and others before,

[Js...]

You are 100% correct @[...]

During my withdrawals I had a loved one finally say, "I'm not a doctor." I recall shaking my head in disbelief, that was certainly not news to me! 

People can be kind and forgiving, but also ignorant and lack discretion towards our journey of healing.

My end conclusion that I had to give myself was, "It's not about them right now, only about me," this helped me cope and move forward. 

When I was only two weeks sober, I went for a haircuit and was sweating and shaking. The man cutting my hair did not flinch, simply wiped the sweat off and did his best. Between each 15min of cutting my hair, he asked if the cut was looking good, not once making any comment about my behaviour or sweat. A stranger was more kind and considerate of my symptoms then many in my life.

I pressed forward, now that I am functioning and normal; I forgive, but do not forget who was there for me in and those who were not. Those that were understanding and open, and those that were dismissive. 

The journey was worth it, hard to see it at the time, but now I see it ever more so clearly. 

Keep up the fight

• Like 1