Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

When can I see improvement?

[da...]

Today is the D+7 day (7th day after the jump). It is the 7th day so the Benzo is completely out of my body now. I am experiencing the worst wave in the whole tapering. All of them are very intense. When will the wave pass? When should I expect to see some improvements? I am determined to win this but I need some hope and clue! Any rough explanation for the cure?

[Cr...]

Duration and intensity immediately following the cessation of benzo use can be affected by many factors such as length of use, dose, taper rate, and dose jumped from. Even if all these factors were similar to multiple people, their recovery experiences can still be very different from one another.

Generally the acute phase may last several weeks. That is not to say the intensity will stay the same the whole time. Some hours or days may still be less intense than others. When the acute phase is over that does not mean you are going to be back to normal. From that point onward recovery may become a wax/waning pattern of the symptoms, sometimes with noticeable baseline improvements. 

For many,  the acute phase can be the worst period of recovery. If that applies to you, then hopefully that means the remainder of your recovery will feel far more tolerable in comparison.

I wish I could give you exact dates and times for this process, but sadly the variances are often too great to be of use for predicting specifics with 100% assurance.

• Like 1
  • Love 1