Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Setback or akathisia stories - please give me some hope!

On 14/09/2024 at 13:08, [[M...] said:

Pepe, may I ask you what the akathisia was for you, how long it lasted and did it just ‘go away’ by itself?

I'm not totally sure. Big parts of last year and around 3 months clean. It got better when i started with quentapine. 

11 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I'm not totally sure. Big parts of last year and around 3 months clean. It got better when i started with quentapine. 

Dear Pepe, 

Thank you so much for your reply! Do you mean you are off of benzo’s for 3 months, or without akathisia for 3 months? 

May I ask you what dose of quetiapine, and are you still using it? I was put on olanzapine for the akathisia. It does help with that, but I am still on 0.8mg of diazepam, so afraid I will need more olanzapine (which is by no means a harmless drug) when I lower my diazepam further…

Thank you so much for answering!

Nienke

12 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Lastly: May I ask at what dose you jumped? 

Hi Avalon

I am in the same boat, this Sep I am 3 years off K and Ativan for casual and low dose as needed for a short term use. I went on AD for my W/D in 2021. I was doing well to mid of 2023 and stopped the AD which was my biggest mistake. Early this year start to exercise and lifting, after 1.5 month my symptoms started to back and I resisted to go back to AD again. After 2 months my stomach start to reflux badly, I did not had this symptom before, could not eat or sleep then I has to start AD to help with reflux. I fall in a bad setback worse than acute, anxiety was super strong at times and I had it all the time for first 5 months, now slightly better but not as normal at all in month of 6. I did not know should not exercise severely and I should not have stopped AD too.

I have some better days now but still bothers alot.

We all will heal, and I saw healing myslef but we need to keep cautious, but I could not imagine the hell can happen again.

Big hugs and stay strong

Reza

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

Hi Avalon

I am in the same boat, this sep I am 3 years off K and Ativan for casual and low dose as needed for a short term. I went on AD for my W/D in 2021. I was doing well to mid of 2023 and stopped the AD which was my biggest mistake. Early this year start to exercise and lifting, after 1.5 month my symptoms started to back and I resisted to go back to AD again. After 2 months my stomach start to reflux badly, I did not had this symptom before, could not eat or sleep then I has to start AD to help with reflux. I fall in a bad setback worse than acute, anxiety was super strong at times and I had it all the time for first 5 months, now slightly better but not as normal at all in month of 6. I did not know should not exercise severely and I should not have stopped AD too.

I have some better days now but still bothers alot.

We all will heal, and I saw healing, but I could not imagine it can happen again.

By the way, does anyone know why setbacks are worse than original acute as I read and reported by most of people?

Big hugs and stay strong

Reza

Edited by [...]

On 16/09/2024 at 12:21, [[M...] said:

Lastly: May I ask at what dose you jumped? 

It was really high. Most days 150mg diazepam. I had a crazy tolerance. 

15 hours ago, [[P...] said:

It was really high. Most days 150mg diazepam. I had a crazy tolerance. 

And you stopped that cold turkey? Are you still taking the quetiapine and at what dose may I ask? Thank you so much Pepe!

10 hours ago, [[M...] said:

And you stopped that cold turkey? Are you still taking the quetiapine and at what dose may I ask? Thank you so much Pepe!

No i stopped quetiapine a few months ago. I think it helped with akathisia. 

Yes i ct in november 🙌 😊