Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Desperate because of Valium Chaos and polydrugging Nightmare

12 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I was doing this with diazepam to. Finally i was up to 150+mg.. and it did nothing for me. It's how this drug works..

Peppe

How did you taper down from 150 mgs?

Did you do a linear taper with a fixed reduction per month?

I am down to 12 mgs from 40 and in withdrawal the entire time and have been tapering one mg a month but am thinking of dropping to five percent a month instead of an 8.33 percent drop to 11 which the one mg represents. My symptoms are disabling but I can walk three miles a day.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Peppe

How did you taper down from 150 mgs?

Did you do a linear taper with a fixed reduction per month?

I am down to 12 mgs from 40 and in withdrawal the entire time and have been tapering one mg a month but am thinking of dropping to five percent a month instead of an 8.33 percent drop to 11 which the one mg represents. My symptoms are disabling but I can walk three miles a day.

Good morning!

I tried taper but it didn't work for me so i ct 9 month ago..

How are you doing? Good that you walking every day.. keep that part up. 

14 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Ich habe das auch mit Diazepam gemacht. Schließlich war ich bei über 150 mg ... und es hat nichts bei mir bewirkt. So wirkt dieses Medikament nun einmal.

Just with the difference that i would suffer for jears If i would do a Cold Turkey Like you. You're EXTREMELY lucky

1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

Good morning!

I tried taper but it didn't work for me so i ct 9 month ago..

How are you doing? Good that you walking every day.. keep that part up. 

I'm doing okay mentally. I'm Just desperate that it will Take me jears to taper. I would be so glad If i could Just do a CT Like you did

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, [[H...] said:

Just with the difference that i would suffer for jears If i would do a Cold Turkey Like you. You're EXTREMELY lucky

I had my nightmare the whole last year. 

51 minutes ago, [[H...] said:

I'm doing okay mentally. I'm Just desperate that it will Take me jears to taper. I would be so glad If i could Just do a CT Like you did

I had no choice. Undependent on dose i had wd symptoms :/

5 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I had my nightmare the whole last year. 

Well, i'm having since 3,5 jears 

3 minutes ago, [[H...] said:

Well, i'm having since 3,5 jears 

Stay strong!

I don't know what to do anymore. I feel worse now on the Higher dose. I rather want get rid of everything. I have toxic naps with adrenaline surges etc ...

I feel so lost. I have No Willpower after 3,5 jears of fighting 

@[Ho...]

9 hours ago, [[H...] said:

I don't know what to do anymore. I feel worse now on the Higher dose. I rather want get rid of everything. I have toxic naps with adrenaline surges etc ...

Unfortunately I    found I    felt initially better for a couple of weeks at the high dose and then the same scenario...I     felt horrible thereafter.  Life is not going to be the way it was for a little while, things will have to change now.  And that is okay, it is important to listen to your body, and just do the best that you can.  Know that you are loved, supported, and might possibly benefit from trying to taper.  I    was praying for you to stabilize so you could begin a taper.  The lower I    go, the better I    feel.  You will get here one day too, I    promise you will

Please be kind to yourself, and know we are all here for you.  You are not alone, you are a precious person that we all have so much compassion for.  This situation is so unfortunate for all of us, but I    am proof that healing does and will happen.  I    started to get pretty sick in 2016/2017 but did not make the connection that it was benzo related.  I    have lost so much, but I    still have so much to gain now.  And I    appreciate everything so much more.  This experience has changed me for the better, and it will for you too.  In the meantime, it is important we try to work together to get you a bit more stable.  I    am sure the moderators can chime in with some ideas.  Please do not feel hopeless, this is only temporary.

Love,

Fiercelady

23 hours ago, [[H...] said:

Sorry that you’re going through this psychotropic nightmare Hope, you will get through this. There are all kinds of withdrawal methods like linear and hyperbolic (great for severe SSRI withdrawal), you will find the right path through - you are not alone, the state you’re in will not last forever. Total healing is definitely possible 

On 21.8.2024 at 00:08, [[F...] said:

@[Ho...]

Leider habe ich festgestellt, dass ich mich mit der hohen Dosis zunächst ein paar Wochen lang besser fühlte, aber dann war es wieder dasselbe ... danach fühlte ich mich schrecklich. Das Leben wird für eine Weile nicht mehr so sein wie vorher, die Dinge müssen sich jetzt ändern. Und das ist in Ordnung, es ist wichtig, auf den eigenen Körper zu hören und einfach das Beste zu tun, was man kann. Wisse, dass du geliebt und unterstützt wirst und dass es dir vielleicht helfen könnte, die Dosis zu reduzieren. Ich habe gebetet, dass du dich stabilisierst, damit du mit der Reduzierung beginnen kannst. Je niedriger ich die Dosis nehme, desto besser fühle ich mich. Du wirst eines Tages auch so weit kommen, das verspreche ich dir.

Bitte seien Sie nett zu sich selbst und wissen Sie, dass wir alle für Sie da sind. Sie sind nicht allein, Sie sind ein wertvoller Mensch, für den wir alle so viel Mitgefühl empfinden. Diese Situation ist für uns alle so bedauerlich, aber ich bin der Beweis dafür, dass Heilung geschieht und geschehen wird. Ich wurde 2016/2017 ziemlich krank, habe aber nicht den Zusammenhang erkannt, dass es mit Benzodiazepinen zusammenhängt. Ich habe so viel verloren, aber ich kann jetzt noch so viel gewinnen. Und ich weiß alles so viel mehr zu schätzen. Diese Erfahrung hat mich zum Besseren verändert, und das wird sie auch für Sie tun. In der Zwischenzeit ist es wichtig, dass wir versuchen, zusammenzuarbeiten, um Sie etwas stabiler zu machen. Ich bin sicher, die Moderatoren können mit einigen Ideen einspringen. Bitte verliere nicht die Hoffnung, das ist nur vorübergehend.

Liebe,

Wilde Dame

Thank you so much. It means a lot to me. The Problem is that i can't sleep in the lower doses and im still in Withdrawal from this CT from half of my Dose. Why oh why????? I'm sweating Like a waterfall still after 6,5 Months. The Seroquel is awful. It knocks me Out but i get No sleep from it. I screwed around so much with my doses that i have to stay on a steady Dose for a while. I already started healing and this Detox ruined my fragile Cns which is still in protracted prozac Withdrawal. I'm so hopeless today. Can't do nothing but crying.

I don't think i'll get my Life back or Maybe in a few jears. And it's been already 3,5 jears 😭

@[Ho...]

On 23/08/2024 at 09:51, [[H...] said:

Thank you so much. It means a lot to me. The Problem is that i can't sleep in the lower doses and im still in Withdrawal from this CT from half of my Dose. Why oh why????? I'm sweating Like a waterfall still after 6,5 Months. The Seroquel is awful. It knocks me Out but i get No sleep from it. I screwed around so much with my doses that i have to stay on a steady Dose for a while. I already started healing and this Detox ruined my fragile Cns which is still in protracted prozac Withdrawal. I'm so hopeless today. Can't do nothing but crying.

I don't think i'll get my Life back or Maybe in a few jears. And it's been already 3,5 jears 😭

I  understand your feelings, but I    know that you will stabilize sooner than you think.  I    know about suffering for a long time, I    was close to four years off and ended up in a very bad state...I    had no alternative but to start medication again.  Fortunately, the Valium helped, like really helped short term at least.  But of course that did not last long, and I    started a taper immediately, and I  am so determined to get off and heal.  The inter dose withdrawal is unrelenting, and around my monthly oh my gosh I    feel like I    am in acute.  I    just sometimes do not know how I     will make it another moment.  But, I    do...and then eventually the bad feelings pass and I    can go forward a bit more.  I    believe we will be alright, I    cannot predict when but we will.  Have faith @[Ho...], please...have faith.

Love,

Fierce

• Like 1

Thank you so much. It feels Impossible. I have so much iatrogenic injuries. From prozac, from remeron, from zoloft and now this horrible "Treatment in Hospital. The worst is the insomnia. It hinders my Body to heal. 

I never thought i would Land Up in this hell. I was always someone who never wanted to Take pills.

Thats me before the Gates of hell opened.Screenshot_2024-08-20-15-54-57-643-edit_com.microsoft.skydrive.thumb.jpg.16d543b46608582968188d9947fff0ae.jpg

• Like 1

And No one can Help me with the Seroquel. I'm overdosed. And i took it in two steps. One at evening and one in the middle of the night or in the morning. They Doubled my Dose because i woke Up so early and i guess they Just wanted to knocks me Out so that they don't have Lot of Work with me.

Even in the Seroquel group i got No answer If i can Take everything in the evening. The both doses. Chris paige suggested evening. But He also Said he doesnt know If it May cause Withdrawal Symptoms

11 hours ago, [[H...] said:

Thank you so much. It feels Impossible. I have so much iatrogenic injuries. From prozac, from remeron, from zoloft and now this horrible "Treatment in Hospital. The worst is the insomnia. It hinders my Body to heal. 

Hi Hope, could you please tell me about the iatrogenic injury you got from Prozac? What happened from it?

Hope -- that's a very pretty picture of you and you have youth on your side in this battle.:classic_smile:. Hang in there. Carol

8 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Hallo Hope, kannst du mir bitte etwas über die iatrogene Schädigung erzählen, die du durch Prozac erlitten hast? Was ist daraus geworden?

Omg, it's so traumatizing. 

I took prozac for 7 jears. And got Off from 10 mg to 0. I felt Withdrawal but it was bearable. Then a group pressured me to reinstate. 0,5 mg. When i did First taper step the Gates of hell opened.

I got akathisia, hallucinations, total insomnia, Panic attacks which lasted for hours and after two weeks i didn't know what to do anymore. I Made the biggest mistake of my Life and went to Hospital.

They gave me remeron, which didn't really help, then zoloft which was really the worst Thing i experienced. They tried Seroquel, ativan, promethazine.

After around 2 months i flew Out of Hospital with akathisia, pacing, No sleep and Had a suicide attempt because i could'nt bare the insomnia and the pacing. 

Landed up in psychward after 2 weeks in intensive Care. They gave me Seroquel and zopiclone which have me 4 hours of sleep. The akathisia was gone.

Then in May 22 i got Hit with total insomnia again and then they have me the Valium. It helped. After 6 Months i was able to exercise and working 2 Times at week. It was Like a miracle. In September 23 i Hit tolerance but started sleeping the First time in my own which was the greatest Gift ever in my Life.

Then i was forced to Detox and they cutted my 30 mg into 16 in 2,5 weeks. I'm still suffering from this Withdrawal and could'nt bare the insomnia so i started to Take Higher doses every week. I got dependend. And now i'm on 50 mg Valium and can barely sleep. 

It's crazy. Normally If i took my Valium i felt asleep directly.

But NOW im taking my Valium and it Takes me forever to Fall asleep. 

I'm so scared i screwed up my Life for many jears.

I don't know what causes this that i don't Fall asleep immediatly after the Valium.

I Stuck in the worst Chaos ever. I can't taper without sleep.

And im 43 jears old. I think i will Maybe ok if im 50 jears old.

Greetings Anne 

Anne,

I love that pix of you. THAT IS STILL YOU, never forget and do not be sad. You will return. I also went insane from insomnia after a sports injury and they poly drugged me with Flexeril, baclofen, NSAIDS benzos etc. I was  a strong fit healthy woman who didn't drink/smoke/do drugs...just exercised and enjoyed life. Then the symptoms came, I nearly lost my marriage, job (out of work for 8-9 months) and needed OP mental health care and flew to another state so my best friend could care for me. That is where I was given more benzos to sleep, klonopin. Anne, I KNOW WHAT it feels like to NOT SLEEP AT ALL. Nobody could believe that I didn't sleep for 5 nights in a row. I went crazy, that's when all the benzos came in. Then I would go 3 days no sleep, more drugs until I couldn't sleep more than 1-3 hours a night. Having the same pacing, terror and muscle twitching, electric shocks in my body and 24/7 muscle fascicullations and n/v and 20 lb weight loss. Yes, it's a nightmare. It's unbelievable. It's real and time will be our healer. This forum is unreal in how supportive and knowledable the folks here are. I'm a 30 year medical worker in a hospital and I have never knew how insomnia and drugs are directly related to mental and physical changes in the body...Until I experienced it myself. I am on nearly 2 years of chasing the problem...now I know it was the meds that did it. Then came the SSRI, the benzos etc. I stopped and tapered off 3 months ago. Sleep is coming back and I KNOW the feeling when you say natural sleep. I never had insomnia in the 54 years of life until this devil drug was introduced to my system. Even though I am twitching and my muscles are visibly moving 24/7, I hope that it will stop sometime. I've been to a hundred dr appts, 3 neurologist, etc....Nobody knew what was up and why I was going crazy and my body was in constant fight or flight. They said impossible it was the benzos cuz it was such a small dose. But now I'm clean, I KNOW it was the benzos. My mind is clearing up and the chemical fear is subsiding. The muscles and physical symptoms are still there, but I am reading the success stories and hoping for the best. Stay strong and keep moving, exercising and prove to yourself you are the same girl in that beautiful picture. Julia

Edit: 1-2 weeks after I taped, I began to experience nights of natural sleep. I only sleep 5-6 broken hours on my best nights. I have myoclonus and jerks and muscle twitching all night...BUT not like I did during tolerance. I was electrocuted 50-100 times a night, followed by involuntary limb movements, hip thrust, mouth gaping open, shoulder/neck twitching...It was terrifying. THEN, it's subsiding as the drugs leave the system and my gaba/natural chemicals start to come back. I'm not healed, but I have a glimpse of healing.

Edited by [oc...]
Added about sleep

8 hours ago, [[o...] said:

Anne,

Ich liebe die Bilder von dir. DAS BIST IMMER NOCH DU, vergiss das nie und sei nicht traurig. Du wirst wiederkommen. Ich wurde nach einer Sportverletzung auch wegen Schlaflosigkeit wahnsinnig und sie verabreichten mir Polypharmaka wie Flexeril, Baclofen, NSAR, Benzodiazepine usw. Ich war eine starke, fitte, gesunde Frau, die nicht trank, rauchte und keine Drogen nahm … einfach nur Sport trieb und das Leben genoss. Dann kamen die Symptome, ich verlor fast meine Ehe und meinen Job (war 8-9 Monate arbeitslos) und brauchte OP-psychiatrische Betreuung und flog in einen anderen Staat, damit sich meine beste Freundin um mich kümmern konnte. Dort bekam ich noch mehr Benzodiazepine zum Schlafen, Klonopin. Anne, ICH WEISS, WIE es sich anfühlt, ÜBERHAUPT NICHT ZU SCHLAFEN. Niemand konnte glauben, dass ich 5 Nächte hintereinander nicht geschlafen hatte. Ich wurde verrückt und dann kamen die ganzen Benzodiazepine. Dann schlief ich 3 Tage lang nicht, bekam noch mehr Medikamente, bis ich nicht mehr als 1-3 Stunden pro Nacht schlafen konnte. Ich habe das gleiche Herumlaufen, die gleiche Angst und die gleichen Muskelzuckungen, Elektroschocks in meinem Körper und rund um die Uhr Muskelzuckungen und Panikattacken und 20 Pfund Gewichtsverlust. Ja, es ist ein Albtraum. Es ist unglaublich. Es ist real und die Zeit wird alles heilen. Dieses Forum ist unglaublich, so hilfsbereit und kompetent sind die Leute hier. Ich arbeite seit 30 Jahren in einem Krankenhaus und wusste nie, wie Schlaflosigkeit und Medikamente direkt mit geistigen und körperlichen Veränderungen im Körper zusammenhängen … Bis ich es selbst erlebt habe. Ich bin dem Problem seit fast 2 Jahren auf der Spur … jetzt weiß ich, dass es die Medikamente waren, die es verursacht haben. Dann kamen die SSRI, die Benzodiazepine usw. Ich habe vor 3 Monaten abgesetzt und ausgeschlichen. Der Schlaf kommt zurück und ich KENNE das Gefühl, wenn Sie von natürlichem Schlaf sprechen. Ich hatte in meinen 54 Lebensjahren nie Schlaflosigkeit, bis ich diese Teufelsdroge in meinen Körper bekam. Obwohl ich zucke und meine Muskeln sich rund um die Uhr sichtbar bewegen, hoffe ich, dass es irgendwann aufhört. Ich war bei hunderten Arztterminen, drei Neurologen usw. … Niemand wusste, was los war und warum ich verrückt wurde und mein Körper ständig im Kampf-oder-Flucht-Modus war. Sie sagten, es sei unmöglich, dass es die Benzodiazepine waren, weil es so eine kleine Dosis war. Aber jetzt, wo ich clean bin, WEISS ich, dass es die Benzodiazepine waren. Mein Verstand klärt sich und die Angst vor Chemikalien lässt nach. Die Muskeln und körperlichen Symptome sind immer noch da, aber ich lese die Erfolgsgeschichten und hoffe auf das Beste. Bleiben Sie stark und bewegen Sie sich weiter, trainieren Sie und beweisen Sie sich selbst, dass Sie dasselbe Mädchen auf diesem wunderschönen Bild sind. Julia

Edit: 1-2 Wochen nachdem ich aufgenommen hatte, begann ich, Nächte mit natürlichem Schlaf zu erleben. In meinen besten Nächten schlafe ich nur 5-6 unterbrochene Stunden. Ich habe die ganze Nacht Myoklonus und Zuckungen und Muskelzuckungen... ABER nicht so wie während der Toleranzphase. Ich wurde 50-100 Mal pro Nacht elektrisiert, gefolgt von unwillkürlichen Gliedmaßenbewegungen, Hüftstößen, offenem Mund, Schulter-/Nackenzuckungen... Es war furchtbar. DANN lässt es nach, wenn die Drogen aus dem System verschwinden und mein Gaba/meine natürlichen Chemikalien zurückkommen. Ich bin nicht geheilt, aber ich habe eine Aussicht auf Heilung.

OH MY GOD. Your words bringing tears in my eyes, it makes me cry. Your Story ist so similiar to Mine, you are so similiar to me. Running and Gym and Riding was my Life Elixier. At the Moment i can't do nothing of all These Things which i Love so much. I Miss it every second with every cell of my Body and mind.

How did you taper? How Long and which drugs? I Hope that i can stabilize to get finally Off all this poison which i Put every evening into my poor Body. 

I wanna feel like myself again and never Look Back at this inhumane suffering since jears.

I'm a horse chyropractor and i Miss my patients and clients. I was never at Home, only for sleep because i did what i used to do. Beeing in Nature, exercise, treating horses and sleeping Like my 10 hours Like a Baby. 

I am a surfer, mtn biker, swimmer, golfer....etc. Spend my life outdoors and enjoying with friends and family. It was a bike accident that brought the injury, pain, the dr appts and then the meds. Then came the unbelievable outcome of the poly drugging. I am back to some sports, although my level is low compared to what it was. My muscles never recovered from the 20 lb weight loss and the insomnia. Like I said, the drugs damaged my CNS and the muscles are twitching all day/night and the dr. can't help. Natural sleep is coming back, the insomnia was unlike anyone else I have heard of. It was drug induced and it's SLOWWWLY coming back. I tapered like everyone else. Like you, I am not a meds person even though I work at the hospital (almost lost my job of 30 years due to this BS nightmare) After the taper, I was still suffering, but I knew in my heart that I will never take another benzo regardless of what the Dr. says. I flushed them all down the toilet after I tapered.  I felt the improvements in my sleep, muscle jerks, myoclonus and mental clarity.  I will deal with what comes down the pipe but when I officially stopped, it took a few weeks but I saw improvements and that moment I KNEW it was the drugs, regardless of what the Dr's said. They wanted me to updose, which I did a couple times trusting their knowledge. I don't recommend any of this this, that is just what I did. You will have to go with your own plan, your trusted team and your instincts. My therapist basically said I need to do what is true to me, and I am NOT a med/drug person and that is true to me. I was emboldened by the posts here on BB saying it was TIME and everyone will have to suffer the journey to get better. I am getting better every month, it's been 3 and half months. Let's keep moving, doing what we love and hope the symptoms will subside week by week. You have my support Anne. Keep strong.

Edited by [oc...]

25 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

Ich bin Surfer, Mountainbiker, Schwimmer, Golfer ... usw. Ich verbringe mein Leben im Freien und genieße es mit Freunden und Familie. Es war ein Fahrradunfall, der die Verletzung, die Schmerzen, die Arzttermine und dann die Medikamente mit sich brachte. Dann kam das unglaubliche Ergebnis der Polymedikamente. Ich treibe wieder etwas Sport, obwohl mein Niveau im Vergleich zu früher niedrig ist. Meine Muskeln haben sich nie von dem Gewichtsverlust von 20 Pfund und der Schlaflosigkeit erholt. Wie ich sagte, die Medikamente haben mein ZNS geschädigt und die Muskeln zucken Tag/Nacht den ganzen Tag und der Arzt kann nicht helfen. Der natürliche Schlaf kommt zurück, die Schlaflosigkeit war anders als bei allen anderen, von denen ich gehört habe. Sie wurde durch Medikamente verursacht und kommt LANGSAM zurück. Ich habe die Dosis wie alle anderen reduziert. Wie Sie bin ich kein Medikamentenmensch, obwohl ich im Krankenhaus arbeite (ich hätte wegen dieses beschissenen Albtraums fast meinen Job nach 30 Jahren verloren). Nach dem Ausschleichen litt ich immer noch, aber in meinem Herzen wusste ich, dass ich nie wieder ein Benzodiazepin nehmen werde, egal was der Arzt sagt. Ich habe sie alle die Toilette hinuntergespült, nachdem ich die Dosis reduziert hatte. Ich spürte die Verbesserungen bei meinem Schlaf, meinen Muskelzuckungen, Myoklonien und meiner geistigen Klarheit. Ich werde mich damit abfinden, was auf mich zukommt, aber als ich offiziell aufhörte, dauerte es ein paar Wochen, aber ich sah Verbesserungen und in diesem Moment WUSSTE ich, dass es an den Medikamenten lag, egal was die Ärzte sagten. Sie wollten, dass ich die Dosis erhöhe, was ich ein paar Mal tat, weil ich auf ihr Wissen vertraute. Ich empfehle nichts davon, das ist einfach das, was ich getan habe. Sie müssen Ihrem eigenen Plan, Ihrem vertrauten Team und Ihrem Instinkt folgen. Mein Therapeut sagte im Grunde, ich müsse das tun, was für mich richtig ist, und ich bin KEIN Medikamenten-/Medikamentenmensch und das ist für mich richtig. Die Posts hier auf BB haben mir Mut gemacht, in denen es hieß, es sei ZEIT und jeder müsse den Weg der Besserung ertragen. Mir geht es jeden Monat besser, es sind jetzt dreieinhalb Monate vergangen. Lasst uns weitermachen, das tun, was wir lieben, und hoffen, dass die Symptome Woche für Woche nachlassen. Du hast meine Unterstützung, Anne. Bleib stark.

Thank you for Support Julia. It means a lot to me.

Can you Work again? Im glad you can exercise. It's so beautiful to exercise and Feeling your Body again 

How much oft the Benzo did you Take? 

And how was your taper?.

It scared the shit out of me that im on 50 mg Valium...

I was off work for 9 months (on a job I'm good at, worked at a hospital for 30 years.) I knew I could not safely provide patient care so I left. Yes I am back to work, part time. I had to challenge myself that I was able to sleep/function and it was the best decision I made during this recovery. I am fortunate that I have a supportive crew and although they didn't really know what was wrong they knew I was suffering something. I'm open and alot of ppl don't know what to believe, but it's my story unfortunately.

The benzos were rx'd for my intractable insomnia. 15 to 30 mg temazapam (1-2 months), .5-1mg ativan (1 month), .5-1 mg klonopin (10 months) and 5-10 mg ambien (4 months) but not combined except a few times when I didn't sleep for days. This and SSRI and PPI and other stuff as the Dr said it was anxiety causing all of this. Well, having the feeling you are dying does make one anxious, duh. Doses are small compared to others here, but I am a lightweight with meds. It affected my mind, my sleep and especially my muscles (including my gut and esophogus muscles) This caused horrible GI issues that worsened the insomnia with all night gagging and dry heaving acid reflux. They said it was Gerd, but now I know it was the muscles involuntarily contracting in my throat and esoph. sphictor etc, causing the acid reflux, regurgitation and gagging. I lost 18 lbs, from a strong fit 126 to a bony 108 frail thing.

Taper was for klonopin and I went down to .125 wafers. Then .125 wafer every other day. Took me several months and I was very motivated. I suffered the electric shocks, the myoclonic jerks, nightmares etc. but the GI symptoms faded and the sleep got better. I am left with 24/7 twitching and myoclonus now. I am hoping it's not nerve damage and will fade, it's still very scary but I'm trying to be brave. But it's been less than 4 months, so I have to wait. The benzo calc says 1 mg klonopin is 20 mg valium..BUT my neurologist says that those calculators are guesses and each body metabolizes each benzo differently. She said do not put too much stock into the accuracy, but can use them as an estimate. I am happy to off them and ACTUALLY feel healing starting to happen in my body and brain. I am certain you will be able to taper and heal. Don't scare yourself with the mg. amount for now. Just know you are at the right place for support and you have it in your will to see yourself through to the taper. I keep reading the success stories and looking for the days when this trauma slowly fades and the body rebuilds.

I just swam 1.5 miles in the pool and surfed this morning. Exercise IS MY medicine and I will do it until my sleep comes back and my muscles will calm down. I need build my functioning muscles to show those pesky twitchy ones how to act. :)  Take care.

Edited by [oc...]

7 hours ago, [[o...] said:

Ich war 9 Monate arbeitsunfähig (in einem Job, den ich gut kann, ich habe 30 Jahre in einem Krankenhaus gearbeitet). Ich wusste, dass ich die Patientenversorgung nicht sicher gewährleisten konnte, also habe ich aufgehört. Ja, ich arbeite wieder, Teilzeit. Ich musste mich selbst herausfordern, damit ich schlafen/funktionieren konnte, und es war die beste Entscheidung, die ich während dieser Genesung getroffen habe. Ich habe das Glück, dass ich ein unterstützendes Team habe, und obwohl sie nicht wirklich wussten, was los war, wussten sie, dass ich unter etwas litt. Ich bin offen und viele Leute wissen nicht, was sie glauben sollen, aber leider ist das meine Geschichte.

Die Benzodiazepine wurden mir gegen meine hartnäckige Schlaflosigkeit verschrieben. 15 bis 30 mg Temazapam (1–2 Monate), 0,5–1 mg Ativan (1 Monat), 0,5–1 mg Klonopin (10 Monate) und 5–10 mg Ambien (4 Monate), aber nicht kombiniert, außer ein paar Mal, als ich tagelang nicht geschlafen habe. Dies und SSRI und PPI und andere Sachen, da der Arzt sagte, dass das alles von Angst verursacht wurde. Nun ja, das Gefühl zu haben, dass man stirbt, macht einen tatsächlich ängstlich, ist klar. Die Dosen sind im Vergleich zu anderen hier gering, aber mit Medikamenten bin ich ein Leichtgewicht. Es beeinträchtigte meinen Geist, meinen Schlaf und vor allem meine Muskeln (einschließlich meiner Darm- und Speiseröhrenmuskulatur). Dies verursachte schreckliche Magen-Darm-Probleme, die die Schlaflosigkeit mit Würgen die ganze Nacht über und trockenem, würgendem Sodbrennen verschlimmerten. Sie sagten, es sei Gerd, aber jetzt weiß ich, dass es die Muskeln waren, die sich unwillkürlich in meinem Hals und meiner Speiseröhre zusammenzogen. Schließmuskel usw., was zu saurem Reflux, Aufstoßen und Würgen führt. Ich habe 8,7 kg abgenommen, von kräftig fitten 57 kg zu einem knochigen, gebrechlichen 58 kg.

Das Ausschleichen war für Klonopin und ich ging runter auf 0,125 Wafer. Dann 0,125 Wafer jeden zweiten Tag. Das hat mehrere Monate gedauert und ich war sehr motiviert. Ich litt unter den Elektroschocks, den myoklonischen Zuckungen, Albträumen usw., aber die GI-Symptome ließen nach und der Schlaf wurde besser. Jetzt habe ich rund um die Uhr Zuckungen und Myoklonien. Ich hoffe, es ist kein Nervenschaden und es lässt nach. Es ist immer noch sehr beängstigend, aber ich versuche, tapfer zu sein. Aber es sind noch nicht einmal 4 Monate vergangen, also muss ich warten. Der Benzodiazepin-Rechner sagt, dass 1 mg Klonopin 20 mg Valium entspricht... ABER mein Neurologe sagt, dass diese Berechnungen Schätzungen sind und jeder Körper jedes Benzodiazepin anders verstoffwechselt. Sie sagte, ich solle nicht zu viel auf die Genauigkeit setzen, sondern sie als Schätzung verwenden. Ich bin froh, sie abzusetzen und spüre TATSÄCHLICH, wie die Heilung in meinem Körper und Gehirn beginnt. Ich bin sicher, dass Sie die Dosis reduzieren und heilen können. Lassen Sie sich vorerst nicht von der mg-Menge abschrecken. Sie können sich einfach sicher sein, dass Sie bei der richtigen Stelle Unterstützung finden und dass Sie es in Ihrem Willen haben, die Dosisreduzierung durchzuziehen. Ich lese immer wieder Erfolgsgeschichten und warte auf die Tage, an denen dieses Trauma langsam abklingt und der Körper sich wieder aufbaut.

Ich bin gerade 2,4 Kilometer im Pool geschwommen und heute Morgen gesurft. Bewegung IST MEINE Medizin und ich werde sie machen, bis ich wieder einschlafe und meine Muskeln sich beruhigen. Ich muss meine funktionierenden Muskeln aufbauen, um diesen lästigen, zuckenden Muskeln zu zeigen, was sie tun sollen. :)  Pass auf dich auf.

You're truly right. Sports is the strongest medication in the whole wide world. Every second which i spend Here disabled is literally Killing me. I need my exercises, running and my horses Like oxygen to breathe.

I PRAY that the taper will Bring Relief and will Not be a repeated Trauma on top.

I mean, who TF is prepared that a medication will left him totally disabled??? In the meanwhile im so disgusted of taking my drugs Like i would swallow cleaning supplie.... 

I'm seriously worried that Something in my brain is Not reversible because i took the SSRI 8 jears. 1 jear paxil, 7 jears prozac. And now they 3rd jear on Benzos.

And on top of this i lost my drivers licence, because i didn't know that it isnt allowed in Germany to Take a Benzo and driving.

Thank you for your words, i really appreciate the Support 💓 

• Like 1

@[Ho...] that is amazing that you were working with horses...I    love riding.  I     ride recreationally, not competitively or anything like that.  I    just enjoy being at the barn, having peace there.  It is physically very intense to post and trot, especially now.  But I    know in time I    will get stronger.

You will get back to your life Hope, I    promise you will.  I    know I    will too.  And when we get there, it is going to be so beautiful.  

That woman in the picture is you, and do not forget it.  You are her.  Strong, courageous and amazing.  You are brave.  Do not give up Hope, keep your faith strong.

Love,

Fierce