Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Agoraphobic

[On...]

Hi 👋 I don't want to buy into the agoraphobia label,  but it is so bad. I've been in prison most of this year! Don't have garden in a upper floor flat. Going out is so hard, and traumatic, even mental health appts.

Anyone identify? Got through this? I just want to live on a farm!

[jo...]

Absolutely. I find it hard to go out often. I can do it but it's uncomfortable to say the least. Appointments, shop etc.

Sometimes when my symptoms are down, say quite late at night, I go out and remember to a degree what it feels like to be normal and not scared of stupid things like a store, or a person in a store.

I also sometimes fantasise about living in a cabin in the woods or the antartic, or somewhere like that. The thought actually gives me a few seconds of peace sometimes.

• Like 1

[En...]
19 hours ago, [[O...] said:

Hi 👋 I don't want to buy into the agoraphobia label,  but it is so bad. I've been in prison most of this year! Don't have garden in a upper floor flat. Going out is so hard, and traumatic, even mental health appts.

Anyone identify? Got through this? I just want to live on a farm!

Yes I had this as well. I had it mainly in the beginning of my taper and it was intense. I didnt drive my car for about 5 months. Didnt go anywhere but to Dr appointments and that was very stressful. I remember being very concerned I felt this way and thought it was forever.  I had to go for walks to get out of the house it was horrible.

This feeling does go away. It is not you it is the withdrawal. I had that feeling very strong. I now know that all the symptoms go away with time and taper. 

• Love 1

[On...]

Thank-you for replying @[jo...]and @[En...], I have been out with my husband for a nature walk, it was fighting against it. But busy places are hard. 

83 days benzo free. Long and winding road I know! 

❤️ 

• Like 1

[An...]

Sorry that you are suffering. I experienced this on a EXTREME level. I deleted all my socials, quit my job, didn’t want to be seen or known and just wanted to disappear, it stems from anxiety, when you remove benzos, your cns is on fire and you’re brain is trying to find balance. I’m still suffering it, but I got my socials back, post when I’m feeling ok. Which is a start; but have periods long periods I hate leaving my room. What I’ve found helps is, find shows you are interested in watching, distract yourself, create a Pinterest board of all the things you want to do when you are healed. If you’re female, fashion, nails, hair colour changes, etc. try and stay off social media like TikTok as that makes you worse it’s a fake life that makes you feel worse seeing everyone live whilst we’re suffering. Wishing you the best