Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Bad day on the day you’re supposed to make a cut

[Ma...]

I’m tapering Clonazepam, making cuts every 10 days currently.  I had a great day yesterday and for whatever reason slept poorly last night and feel pretty weak/dizzy as a result today.  A little anxious but nothing awful.  The overall trend has been “good” with my recent cuts but would you just wait a day before you cut again?  I’m tempted to just make the cut anyways because I know this is never a linear process but curious to hear others’ thoughts. 

Edited by [Ma...]

[Pa...]

Your body is trying to tell you its not time, I'd listen to it.  Remember, many have to slow down as their taper gets to the lower doses, its all about staying functional, right? 

• Like 2

[Ma...]

Yes, that’s the weird part.  If I had several bad days it’s a no brainer - I’d just hold my dose.  But I’d been pretty good every day since my cut until today.  I know it’s my decision…just curious if anyone had run into this scenario.  I have read about people actually feeling better the day or two after a cut too.  

[or...]

Hi @[Ma...] I am with Pam on this because I don't follow a certain amount of days on my "holding" time.  I go strictly by how I feel, mostly, on how confident I feel about handling previous sxs because I never am totally without some sxs when I taper.  I just have become accustomed to what they "will" be and in that, I feel pretty confident, and am doing well considering.  You can see by the dates I've tapered in my History, that it varies.

The good news is, I am coping way better with wd sxs, and I am now tapering 5%, but different hold times.  I'm kind of amazed how well I am doing, but I never get too bold as I just know that it's going to take a lot of time, and a lot of healing.  I'm much older than some but I don't worry about the quantity of life for me, that I may have left, I just focus on the most quality I can have, lots of love and encouragement to you Matt, oregonlady ~ Denise

PS I just want to say that I think I have it very easy, it doesn't feel fair to me sometimes, but I don't have to work, I don't have anyone in my life to have to "be good" around, just me, and that's hard enough :(

• Like 2

[Ma...]

I’m happy you’re making great progress too!  I agree with cutting based on how you feel.  I feel like I still need to have some minimum hold amount time, even when everything is going on.  For me that’s 10 days because I usually feel the cuts by 4-5 days if I’m going to feel them.  So feeling it on day 10 would be a little weird for me.  But I have to stop trying to make sense of it.  There are good days and bad days.  It’s ironic because I’d considered cutting 2 days ago but had already made my pill weights up so decided not to until tonight.  But now I’ve had a bad night and so 😐

• Like 1

[or...]
1 minute ago, [[M...] said:

I’m happy you’re making great progress too!  I agree with cutting based on how you feel.  I feel like I still need to have some minimum hold amount time, even when everything is going on.  For me that’s 10 days because I usually feel the cuts by 4-5 days if I’m going to feel them.  So feeling it on day 10 would be a little weird for me.  But I have to stop trying to make sense of it.  There are good days and bad days.  It’s ironic because I’d considered cutting 2 days ago but had already made my pill weights up so decided not to until tonight.  But now I’ve had a bad night and so 😐

Ok, I understand about the "minimum" time as I have gone through that, then I ended up holding way too long, so it's really been a ride.  I know you understand that too matt.  We are all truly different in our ways of doing things, but it also sounds you are restricting your freedoms and right to change your mind and sort of edit your plan.  It's something some of us are very fortunate to be able to do and there is zero shame in that, and we are not failures for having to do that to gain the most quality of life "now", that we can.

I know about wanting to be done with it all so I can begin the real healing process I've heard so many speak of, but I have to not beat myself up, and definitely not hold myself to any "plan" as I would not do that to anyone else. 

Hope that makes sense, I think I'm just trying to say be good to yourself, you've been through and faced a traumatic experience with benzos.  oregonlady ~ Denise :hug:

• Like 2

[On...]

My personal experience is taken the tablet was making me worse, if makes sense. As I was in conflict with taking and wanting to be off. I didn't notice difference, maybe psychological in the taper. 

But there is no right or wrong on your individual journey, do what is best for you to work. 

• Like 1