Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help finding a prescriber in my area

[Mi...]

“ seems our only crime was wrong place wrong time “

how many have to die before anyone opens a specialty outpatient clinic or just doctor education for lifelong benzo damage and slow tapering to save lives 

Dr Josef ?

alternative therapy 

benzo prescribed fir 25 years Currently 5 mg klonopin from 8mg

Current out of state doctor pcp is dropping me in a few months 

dropped me from 6 mg to 4 mg in 1 year span fast taper of klonopin.  Losing all hope CT inpatient etc will kill me 

anybody know of a benzo wise or any doctor simply willing to prescribe benzos at all  in this new phrobition esque climate to provide continued care 

im willing to taper but it can’t be this fast anything to avoid the damage caused by inpatient CT 

im 43 years old victim of system 

cav anyone help ?

I live in Indiana willing to travel to IL or MI

even Fl  or telemedicine 

My life depends on finding a educated doctor 

willing to help 

[or...]
15 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

“ seems our only crime was wrong place wrong time “

how many have to die before anyone opens a specialty outpatient clinic or just doctor education for lifelong benzo damage and slow tapering to save lives 

Dr Josef ?

alternative therapy 

benzo prescribed fir 25 years Currently 5 mg klonopin from 8mg

Current out of state doctor pcp is dropping me in a few months 

dropped me from 6 mg to 4 mg in 1 year span fast taper of klonopin.  Losing all hope CT inpatient etc will kill me 

anybody know of a benzo wise or any doctor simply willing to prescribe benzos at all  in this new phrobition esque climate to provide continued care 

im willing to taper but it can’t be this fast anything to avoid the damage caused by inpatient CT 

im 43 years old victim of system 

cav anyone help ?

I live in Indiana willing to travel to IL or MI

even Fl  or telemedicine 

My life depends on finding a educated doctor 

willing to help 

Hi Miss, I just got up and came into BB, saw your post.  My heart goes out to you which doesn't help much does it :(  You say you went down 2mg of the K in a year?  How did you taper, I mean liquid, tablets, are you cutting and weighing your doses on a scale.  Were you allowed to taper then hold for a time?  Just tell me a little more and maybe I will understand your taper better.

Also, have you approached your doctor and attempted to get him/her to adjust your taper so that you can have some quality of life.  What about your symptoms through this wd?  I think you might try working with your doc you have first, but just my thoughts.  I've been tapering off of the Clonazepam, same as Klonopin as I had that given to me over the years as well.  I took it for 35 years, but never was prescribed more than 1 mg. 

As my memory sometimes gets better, I think a couple times they prescribed it so I could take 1-2 tablets if needed, my brain is still working on recovery and I am not finished my taper yet.

oregonlady ~ Denise:hug:

[or...]

I just wanted to add that for me, I moved to a bigger city with more doctors recently.  I barely found a doc/clinic that was taking new patients at all.  It sounds you can travel though and that's in your favor if need be.  But there are quite a few stories I've read of people getting their doctor to understand, and help.  Mine did finally after trying to wean me way too fast.

Welcome to BB and I believe you will find a lot of people here so ready to help you figure what you can do to work with your present doctor, and also, more about how to convince him slowing down your taper could help you, Denise

[Li...]

@[Mi...] Welcome to BenzoBuddies.  I’m sorry you find yourself in such a difficult position.

Re: your request for help finding a prescriber in your area …

You might try contacting Jacob Ressler, head moderator for r/benzorecovery on Reddit.  I believe he lives in Indiana.

If you have a residence in Michigan, Jennifer Giordano might be an option:

True You Psychiatry & Wellness