Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Doctors won’t prescribe help ASAP

[Mi...]

Moved from my family doctor 

was prescribed benzo’s for 25 years 

( CPTSD, MDD, Gad, panic disorder and above all Treatment Resistant, are all pre existing and getting worse )

6 mg klonopin daily fir 11 years 

off label gabapentin, fioricet for debilitating migraines, have high tolerance to both meds after years, scouring all pharmacology desperately to find a short term GABA-A receptor agonist, NMDA,  even research chemicals anything to help survive this hell,  ) 

*moved from Florida to Indiana 3 years ago no luck with continued care, doctors either don’t think it’s ethical to prescribe even to lifelong patients, or suggest inpatient cold turkey even ECT 

I assume they don’t want the liability, their licence at risk, fear tactics of the DEA or just ignorance or indifference or refuse any evidence based education in slow taper ( we all know the struggle )

Current out of state doctor started fast tapering me 1 mg klonopin monthly in attempt to “ help me find a local doctor “

he will only treat me for the next 4 months 

had to quit suboxone ( micro tapered myself over 8 years the right way just going through PAWS 

seen every psych/ doctor that would see me got denied or offered inpatient/ psych/ 

Sorry long story short 

I’m not an addict was told all my life to take benzos as prescribed never skip a dose witch could lead to seizures, again 30 years of one form of benzo, switched to klonopin for suspected epilepsy and migraines 

no one wants to prescribe anymore 

can anyone help me find a benzo wise provider in Indiana area or I’ll have to move somewhere else