Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anxious about using a compounding pharmacy, do I trust them?

[Jo...]

Hi everyone,

It’s getting very hard to cut my lorazepam dose now, I’m using a jewellers scale and not getting accurate readings, I decided to use a compounding pharmacy and they will make up the capsules for me, I dose 3 times a day so my capsules will each be 0.10mgs each.

Im going through a really stressful time ATM as my Mum passed away 1 week ago and I’ve held my previous dose for 2 weeks but I need to keep going and get off this horrible poison.

Has anyone used a compounding pharmacy and all was ok please?

Edited by [Jo...]

[pi...]

I’m terribly sorry for your loss @[Jo...]. Although you want to get off benzos as quickly as possible, take some time to allow yourself to grieve. 

I know off several people,who have used a compounding pharmacy for liquid rotation. Let me see if I can get some help for you, I don’t have a lot of knowledge about this.

[Jo...]
1 minute ago, [[p...] said:

I’m terribly sorry for your loss @[Jo...]. Although you want to get off benzos as quickly as possible, take some time to allow yourself to grieve. 

I know off several people,who have used a compounding pharmacy for liquid rotation. Let me see if I can get some help for you, I don’t have a lot of knowledge about this.

Thank you @[pi...] we can’t get lorazepam liquid where I live so they will be making up capsules, just worried they measure correctly and will they use the same brand of tablets that I’ve been using for 18 months of my taper. Sorry I’m a bit paranoid from this taper 😔

[pi...]
1 minute ago, [[J...] said:

Thank you @[pi...] we can’t get lorazepam liquid where I live so they will be making up capsules, just worried they measure correctly and will they use the same brand of tablets that I’ve been using for 18 months of my taper. Sorry I’m a bit paranoid from this taper 😔

Have you thought about using a jewelers scale? Many of our members do this so they can get accurate measurements for each reduction. Scales can be purchased through Amazon.

[Jo...]
11 minutes ago, [[p...] said:

Have you thought about using a jewelers scale? Many of our members do this so they can get accurate measurements for each reduction. Scales can be purchased through Amazon.

Yes I have a jewellers scale but it’s not very accurate as I’m getting lower in dose.

[Bl...]

Hi @[Jo...]. So sorry about your Mum passing, I agree with @[pi...]don't rush your taper at this time. As for compounding pharmacies, just be careful that they don't add anything else like colorants, fillers etc if they are making up capsules, I speak from experience. I had some T3 made up and blue dye was added.

[Jo...]
34 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Hi @[Jo...]. So sorry about your Mum passing, I agree with @[pi...]don't rush your taper at this time. As for compounding pharmacies, just be careful that they don't add anything else like colorants, fillers etc if they are making up capsules, I speak from experience. I had some T3 made up and blue dye was added.

Thank you @[Bl...] I’ll check they don’t add anything else to the capsules, that was one thing I was really worried about.

My tinnitus is raging ATM and my head feels like it has a clamp on it, all from anxiety, stress and grief 😢

Thanks so much