Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Emergency dose

[Go...]

If I’m over a year off of benzos, and get a dose at the hospital, would it do anything?  Would a one time use bring calm, or is the effect gone forever?

[Le...]

I doubt it will be an issue but why risk it. is it to stay calm for a treatment?  I never got a calming effect from the stuff so cant really understand that so well. 

[Go...]

@[Le...]  what do you mean you never had a calming effect?  Didn’t the benzo do that for you?

[Le...]

nope. idk really what it did. i was started really low and slowly increased. I feel like it was the stupidest way ever to use it. 

hey try .25 and month later .5 and month later 1  then 2. it was like he was just trying to get me addicted without any effect. 

i tried 6 pills once though about an hour apart each. I think they were .5. dont remember. only thing I can remember was it didnt calm me but my face twitched non stop for days like I was a one sided Joker  

They really didnt suit me. 

only thing i think they ever did was stop WD for me after addicted. 

Edited by [Le...]
  • Like 2

[Bo...]

Huge deal being over a year off benzos!! Congrats on that achievement, you’re getting some great healing in!!
Ya pretty risky and why most say to stay away from benzos once you’ve come off them… people even have medical bracelets and if having surgery discuss all anesthesia options with drs and no benzos, steroids, etc that can cause severe setbacks once having gone thru benzo wd.

loys of coping tips on inner compass initiative website, the benzo coaches have YouTube’s that are helpful for symptom management/coping skills, light exercise, eating clean, good self care helps many thru this unfortunate chapter we find ourselves in and eventually our bodies sort themselves out again. 
hope you can find something to help whatever you’re thinking instead of one dose of a benzo.

Sending hugs your way!

• Like 1

[vo...]
3 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Huge deal being over a year off benzos!! Congrats on that achievement, you’re getting some great healing in!!
Ya pretty risky and why most say to stay away from benzos once you’ve come off them… people even have medical bracelets and if having surgery discuss all anesthesia options with drs and no benzos, steroids, etc that can cause severe setbacks once having gone thru benzo wd.

loys of coping tips on inner compass initiative website, the benzo coaches have YouTube’s that are helpful for symptom management/coping skills, light exercise, eating clean, good self care helps many thru this unfortunate chapter we find ourselves in and eventually our bodies sort themselves out again. 
hope you can find something to help whatever you’re thinking instead of one dose of a benzo.

Sending hugs your way!

@[Bo...] Hello! I had never heard of the Inner Compass Initiative before! I just looked at it and it is a bit pricy. Is there a free version that you know of? Also, you mentioned benzo coaches that have YouTube video's with helpful information. Do you recommend any specific ones or just search benzo coaches in YouTube? This sounds like very good information to help people!

[47...]
11 hours ago, [[L...] said:

hey try .25 and month later .5 and month later 1  then 2. it was like he was just trying to get me addicted without any effect. 

Hi @[Le...], it looks like you were like the frog inside the stewpot when the water started to boil the frog didnt notice cause it was there since the water was cold and the water was warming up slowly.