Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Having catastrophic issues in the morning

[He...]

I’ll try and not make this long. I’ve been on benzos since 2007 (Xanax) peaking at 3 mg/day in 2015. Ct 2016 outpatient. Horrific obviously. Reinstated 2.5mg clonazepam eight months later. Tried tapering three times since. Started a taper back in march from 1 mg got down to .625. Started noticing some cognitive issues in the afternoons, not being able to think, could not talk or even look at another person felt like I was on the verge of having a seizure. Sleep progressively getting worse and immediately upon waking having a horrible dizziness and confusion feeling and still very tired but not tired enough to go back asleep. I wake up 7am every day without an alarm. Last night I felt I was going to have a rough night. It’s just a very shaking kind of on edge feeling in my head I haven’t experienced in over 20 years of horrific anxiety and panic attacks. Took some melatonin and went to bed 2am. Work up at 3am. Fell back asleep 330am woke up at 530am felt a lot of anxiety from knowing I didn’t get anough sleep. Took .5mg clonazepam. Fell asleep at 730am. Woke up at around 910am very confused and blurred vision. Tired still. I started developing a huge feeling of fear and shaking. Jaw clenched and slipped almost broke my front teeth twice. I started taking clonazapam. First .5 mg. Then .5mg odt. 9:55 still shaking very badly. I thought I was absolutely losing my mind and having a seizure. I remember having the urge to have a bowel movement but was too frightened to get up and use the rest room. I was thinking of calling 911 but had no clue what to tell them. It was horrific. I now know why people take their own lives. If it was even a minuscule worse, it would have been intolerable. I took .5 mg more of clonazepam and finally stopped trembling a full hour later. 

I was just wondering if anyone has had long episodes like this? Or does it sound like a different neurological issue may be going on. Even now and hour and a half later and 2mg of clonopin in my I still feel a bit off and dizzy. Not calm and relaxed like usual if I take more than lot normal dose. 

just looking for any info or similar stories. I appreciate others caring, but I don’t need the “I’m sorry you’re feeling this way, etc” also, I know there are no doctors here and nothing is taken as medical advice and should seek medical advice  but that’s not an option right now.

thank you all.

b

• Like 1