Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What exactly is reinstating and what happens if you do

[An...]

I didn’t realise there was such thing as reinstating, I was on Benzos for 5 years smoothly tapered off before going back on for another two years. After the two years I tried to cold turkey from a high dose, as Benzos was just making me crazy for the short time I was on them ( high doses) for 2 months I cold turkey but was too sick so I reinstated, it’s been 1.5 years and still tapering. What is reinstatement and what does it do? 
I don’t remember my first taper being this bad at all 

Edited by [An...]

[pi...]

Have you heard of kindling? That is when subsequent reinstatements and tapers get more and more challenging. That doesn’t mean you won’t heal. You are still tapering, so take it slow and allow your body to adjust to reducing the dose. 

The best thing would be to avoid reinstating, finish this taper and allow your system to heal. I know this process can be challenging, but it is doable.