Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anxious of being alone

Well my partner goes back to work on Monday and I don't really feel ready to be left alone,don't know where this feeling comes from because I was fine before benzos I think it is my anxiety playing up I suffered with this during my 1st divorce that's when they first gave me diazepam then stopped its been a battle since then 

[On...]

Hiya,

Please don't be too anxious.

Have music, podcasts, headphones if need.

Plenty of nice stuff to keep busy/distract.

Like colouring, learning new skills, or doing hobbies already enjoy. 

Drink plenty water/nice soft refreshments, self care, food ...

[Ho...]

I still don't like being alone and it's been 22.5 months. I distract with different chores and TV; I listen to books on tape while doing the chores so I'm not lonely. 

It's harder at first, but it gets better. Our anxiety is so goofy because it's based on nothing logical. I gave up trying to talk myself out of it. It's there, but I'm not obligated to pay attention to it. I distract and try to put my mind in neutral. I don't owe anxiety one red cent and neither do you. When it comes, since you can't make it leave try try try to ignore it. 

I wish I were better at describing things! But when I put my mind in neutral I'm sort of not allowing myself to get caught up in the anxiety spin, the guilt spin and the darkness spin. It's there. I'm just not dancing. 

You'll be okay! The day will pass and you'll be okay. The next day, it will be a tiny bit easier and all those days will start to add up.

Hugs,

HCHC

Edited by [Ho...]
miss-spellings
  • Like 1