Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Good and bad days

Had what I call more positive days was able to get up and walk around a tiny bit resting on the sofa last couple of days doesn't help with this heatwave WD happening on an off still but I was able to watch TV which I haven't done for over a month eat more and get more fresh air in the back garden if I sit in the shade but night time is terrible I'm in and out of sleep and WD the burning sensation in my chest and arms palpitations and nausea, making me feel lightheaded are the worse 

@[En...]thank you I hope your well I am coping under the circumstances well don't have a choice just got to get on with the day and try to ignore the little minor WD trying to get a routine back slowly , but don't want to stress myself out to much 

• Like 1

@[En...]well one thing is for sure I am not going back been through to much and my family and still going take each day at a time with a great support I am grateful to all who are going through this and been giving thier time and words of encouragement Thank you 

• Like 1

[En...]
1 minute ago, [[B...] said:

Hello hel, 

I’m getting a lot of symptoms that are similar to yours. I’m also able to walk around the house a bit on good days only. My night times can at various times involve panic attacks out of nowhere, restlessness, or just toxic light interrupted sleep. Sometimes very little sleep.

I also find it hard to watch tv, and have only recently able to do it. 

I envy those who can cope with their symptoms by going swimming or working or watching lots of films/walking in nature. All things I used to love to do

I’m just trying my best to endure the suffering and wait it out and visualise the brain healing

all my best wishes for your recovery 

Just know this is not permanent. This situation is life changing. Once you are on the other side you will have a new appreciation for life. For your mental health. We have been put in this position for a reason. Maybe we needed this to happen to realize what we have in life. We are the chosen ones. To suffer in this life to get our reward. 

Hard times make stronger people. Keep fighting and moving forward. We will succeed. 

• Like 2

@[Bu...]Bunny hi sorry to hear you are also suffering but you are not alone, I to cant imagine how those cope with work and young families thank goodness mine are all grown my heart goes out to all it's a slow process and everyone is individual but it helps to talk about some of it when you can to know you aren't going crazy we will get there with time 

[Bu...]

Eng101 and hel, 

thanks for the encouragement. My husband is basically looking after my daughter- I get scared that I may lose my mind and upset her, but try not to mourn all the things I would have done with her if I was well. I was a great mum for 12 years and I never meant to get myself poisoned. I just have to hang in and try my best and pray that I will one day look back upon this time and think it was horrible but I got through it

• Like 1

@[Bu...]you will get there, you must never think negative about yourself you are still a good mother but need to rest and heal at the moment, you have good support that is the main thing , like my family they just want what is best for me so every day is a blessing 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Eng101 and hel, 

thanks for the encouragement. My husband is basically looking after my daughter- I get scared that I may lose my mind and upset her, but try not to mourn all the things I would have done with her if I was well. I was a great mum for 12 years and I never meant to get myself poisoned. I just have to hang in and try my best and pray that I will one day look back upon this time and think it was horrible but I got through it

@[Bu...] my daughter is 12 too and I am beyond devastated for missing this summer with her in so many ways. I know I won’t ever get this time back - I feel you and can relate, I type this as I lay here wishing I was with her making memories at the beach being the fun carefree mom I used to be.