Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How to cope with Hypochondriasis

[da...]

This is my D+5 days (5th day after the jump). WDs are a bit intense. There are a bunch of them, muscle pain, heart arrhythmia, hard to breath, head tension etc. I know that I probably don't have any health problem other than the WD. But the WDs just flare up my anxiety and hypochondriasis. And my anxiety make the WD worse. 

I know it, but still I am nervous about it. Any suggestion to solve this bad cycle?

[in...]
29 minutes ago, [[d...] said:

This is my D+5 days (5th day after the jump). WDs are a bit intense. There are a bunch of them, muscle pain, heart arrhythmia, hard to breath, head tension etc. I know that I probably don't have any health problem other than the WD. But the WDs just flare up my anxiety and hypochondriasis. And my anxiety make the WD worse. 

I know it, but still I am nervous about it. Any suggestion to solve this bad cycle?

This is me in a nutshell! Let me know if you find ANYTHING of use. I'm fed up with this sh*t too!

• Sad 1

[in...]
1 hour ago, [[d...] said:

Anyone? ☝️

[da...]

@[in...] I can add some detail. In January, I had some serious muscle pain (left leg) and hip joint pain. My joints crack like a 90s. I am so scared and I went to ER. I got a MRI scan, some blood check and urine check. They are all fine.

I got a physio for that but the stretching exercises are not helping much. I know my leg and joints are probably OK but I am still scared by those cracking sounds. They crack every 5mins and it's disturbing.

I got plenty more WDs (head tension, heart, breathing) and I am worrying about it. I know they are probably fine but still worrying about it.

[in...]
3 hours ago, [[d...] said:

May I use this text to post it again? I recognize everything about it! 💯

[Bu...]
3 hours ago, [[d...] said:

I’m finding that the whole experience of dealing with withdrawal is so horrendous that if/when I get through it I don’t think I will ever get obsessed by things that might happen again like I used to. I only have brain space to try to deal with the demon in front of me. 

in general the WD symptoms are gonna cause anxiety - we are only human, and we have to process and deal with what is happening to us. 

I really wish I had answers for you but all I can say is you are not alone in this horrible situation . I’m sure you e already thought of breathing exercises, meditation, healthy eating and nature etc

best wishes for you to have better days as soon as possible 

• Love 1