Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Terrible morning doom and gloom .

[ma...]

Still have this terrible mornings . It takes hours before its some better . Its 18 months now and i might belong in another group . I feel this is how it has been .And its nothing i can do about it . I feel it wears me out . 

@[ma...], are you 18 months off exactly today?

Really terribly sorry for you and everyone who happens to be recovering longer and harder than expected. It takes some of us sooo endlessly long. Just sending my support and understanding to you. Whatever, you're not alone

• Like 1

[ma...]

Thank you again Kate .Do you know if i from now shall use another group its 19 months 4 august ? Or is it ok here a little longer .

• Like 1

Margiflower, i'm sure it's absolutely up to you what group to use and for how long. You can use both. I'm going to do exactly like this in a couple of months too.

You're always welcome!)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[bw...]

Same with me margiflower at nearly 7yrs off. Mornnings are HELL. I get better around 1pm

[Le...]
15 hours ago, [[m...] said:

Still have this terrible mornings . It takes hours before its some better . Its 18 months now and i might belong in another group . I feel this is how it has been .And its nothing i can do about it . I feel it wears me out . 

this lingers for me too but less everyday. youll make it. 

• Love 1

[Bo...]

I’m sorry it’s dragging on…. Hope you see some better mornings soon. It’s so inhumane how these symptoms persist for too long after sll we’ve been through.

congrats though on achieving 18mo off, that’s a big deal and try to give yourself some extra self care and hopefully some kind of treat reaching this marker! Huge huge accomplishment and great to get that much time behind you! May the months ahead bring the final tweaks of healing and much much better days! (And mornings!)

• Love 1

[En...]
On 20/07/2024 at 06:01, [[m...] said:

Mornings are always the worst time I find. It does ease up as the day goes on. This isn't forever our brains are healing still. Congratulations on 18 months off and sticking to it. 

• Love 1

[or...]
On 20/07/2024 at 04:01, [[m...] said:

I feel pretty down this a.m. so I think I can relate margi :(  I'm not done tapering yet, 16 months now I've been doing that.  I know I can't relate very much to being totally off the meds, but I feel like this will never be over some days.  I just wanted you to know there are lots of us here that understand since we at least have similar wd sxs, and I'm so hoping you get a Window, much sooner than later, oregonlady ~ Denise :hug:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Ye...]

Hello @[ma...], @[...], well I am also very uncomfortable every day and without being able to leave the house. I've been off Klonopin for 16 months now and I have the same overwhelming anxiety as at the beginning; Time passes, the months continue to pass but the anxiety does not decrease at all 🤷🏻‍♂️🤔😔😔

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Al...]

I can also relate and Im 8 months off.  My circle of friends has grown smaller and Im less likely to leave the house or drive anywhere.  Sleep is still not good and I wake up wishing I could go back to bed.  The weather doesn't help bc the heat is awful.  Ill stop whining now.

OTH Im happy to be alive and with a wonderful husband.  I believe it will get better but don't know. how long it will take.  We have to stay the course.

• Like 1

[Bi...]

Im.18.5 months out since my CT.. the morning terror went away probably about 9 months to a year ago, I started getting no anxiety/ doom for a while but it popped back in the last couple of months but to a lesser degree 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, [[Y...] said:

Hello @[ma...], @[...], well I am also very uncomfortable every day and without being able to leave the house. I've been off Klonopin for 16 months now and I have the same overwhelming anxiety as at the beginning; Time passes, the months continue to pass but the anxiety does not decrease at all 🤷🏻‍♂️🤔😔😔

@[Ye...], so sorry for you too🥺 Join the club then. We'll stick together while waiting for recovery to come. I guess It's easier this way. Definitely for me, at least. My anxiety went away about the mark of 8-9 months off but some extremely unpleasant things are still around. Healing to us all!)

• Love 1

[Bu...]

I get varying levels of doom, and varying levels of physical discomfort. This morning the intermittent muscle twitching and confusion were present - day before yesterday morning not at all. Im a few weeks post zopiclone CT. 

I can’t leave my house due to fatigue. I think it would help my anxiety if I could. Within my house my activities are limited by fatigue. recent mild akathisia (usually mild!) has been a killer. Im not self caring. 

being here is double edged for me. Im very grateful to connect with others to understand and more importantly believe. My sister contacted a psychiatrist yesterday on my behalf who said it’s not possible to develop tolerance to zopiclone within 3.5 weeks and that I must have another diagnosis. That would have been very damaging for me to hear if I did not have this community. On the other hand hearing that this suffering is going on for months and months for you is scary - I’m not sure how to endure this for so long. 

My heart goes out to you and your strength. 

I’m sincerely hoping that this improves for all of us. I keep telling myself these are healing pains. 

[So...]

I head ya so hard... one year here a few days ago, and I feel I should be so much farther than I am.  Some days still feel like the beginning.  Ugh.  Hugs to you, well make it somehow.

And use whatever group you wish, protracted board might freak ya out still bcuz I'm sure some of those folks have a much longer timeline than you and you are super early into "protracted" :)