Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

busy mind making me think i could Develop psychosis any advice ?

[ch...]
10 minutes ago, [[O...] said:

On reflection, try not to be worried I've got further ptsd, which can overlap, and I had a traumatic delirium from cold turkey but my reasons for being on benzos are also in full swing issues. But I am not ready for proper therapy (can't afford it lol). But psychosis symptoms are generally secondary to other mental health breaks.

These GABA receptors are not helping. 

We are on here, so must be blessed 🙌 

i understand well it sounds like your doing better now so thats the main thing ! 
wish you all the best stay strong and good luck 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, [[c...] said:

hey that makes perfect sense and i’m glad your doing better ! 
im actually 10 months post jump so im prettt sure it would of happened by now , i was worse of mentally some months back , i think iv just freaked my self out the last week wit high anxiety and constant racing min intrusive thoughts ! my mind is very busy and i do get some weird thoughts ! i started reading up about psychosis and then my health anxiety has latched on so i think it’s made it worse if that makes sense like im noticing the thoughts more now 
in sure if anything more was going to happen it would of happened by now 

how are you doing now ? 

I'm doing much better.  The horrific anxiety, crippling fear, waves of doom, restlessness, dpdr is gone.  I have lingering mild/moderate depression, fatigue which seems to improve daily.  I still struggle with moderate to severe insomnia but hopefully this will improve with time.  I no longer take any pharmaceuticals or supplements.

• Like 1

[ch...]
On 20/07/2024 at 15:51, [[D...] said:

Yeah that's called anosognosia; It is defined as the patient's inability to introspect regarding cognitive deficits and behavioral alterations.

rough night for me had hardly any sleep was in a weird hypnogogic state , between sleep and dilusions 🤦🏼‍♂️dreaming about the weirdest stuff . 
it’s nights like that what nake me think i’m loosing it 

[8d...]
3 hours ago, [[c...] said:

rough night for me had hardly any sleep was in a weird hypnogogic state , between sleep and dilusions 🤦🏼‍♂️dreaming about the weirdest stuff . 
it’s nights like that what nake me think i’m loosing it 

I know wxactly what you mean, i have experienced it, it will pass, symptoms change overtime, i had a horrible night too but i had severe muscle pain in one leg, feels like someone is stabbing me with a huge needle, i spent all night twisting in pain.

Edited by Guest

[ch...]
4 hours ago, [[D...] said:

I know wxactly what you mean, i have experienced it, it will pass, symptoms change overtime, i had a horrible night too but i had severe muscle pain in one leg, feels like someone is stabbing me with a huge needle, i spent all night twisting in pain.

nights like that are tough so did you say that youv spoken to your psychiatrist about the hypnagogic hallucinations ? did they give any advice or just say let them pass ? 
iv had many of nights with horrible pains i suffered with nerve pains for months luckily thats subsided now to be replaced by over symptoms  tho lol 

[8d...]
1 hour ago, [[c...] said:

nights like that are tough so did you say that youv spoken to your psychiatrist about the hypnagogic hallucinations ? did they give any advice or just say let them pass ? 
iv had many of nights with horrible pains i suffered with nerve pains for months luckily thats subsided now to be replaced by over symptoms  tho lol 

No, actually i don't even have a psychiatrist i can talk to, the ones o know are criminals and would sayd it's all in my mind and would try to updose me and for sure they would add some more pusch drugs.

I talked about it with my therapist, pyschologist, but even he is benzo wise he doesn´t know much what to do with it, only cope it and use the same accept, allow and let go tool i used with anxiety and panic. I mean, it's just another symptom of WD and it will go away eventually, just try to keep calm and work on your mindset about not let the panic hijack you.

[ch...]
1 hour ago, [[D...] said:

No, actually i don't even have a psychiatrist i can talk to, the ones o know are criminals and would sayd it's all in my mind and would try to updose me and for sure they would add some more pusch drugs.

I talked about it with my therapist, pyschologist, but even he is benzo wise he doesn´t know much what to do with it, only cope it and use the same accept, allow and let go tool i used with anxiety and panic. I mean, it's just another symptom of WD and it will go away eventually, just try to keep calm and work on your mindset about not let the panic hijack you.

oh sorry some confusion there my end but your right they are mostly criminals it’s very few that’s actually know/ care about prescribing poison - benzo - ssris ,
it’s terrible throughout this i been in touch with my gp and they constantly tried to give me ssri even putting them in my chemist package for asthma without me asking for them !!! 
i just refuse to take them . 

i guess that’s all we can do is just outlast it and move on to be honest that’s what i have been doing all these months but the last week just freaked my self out with my health anxiety it should settle soon t tho seem to be in abit of a wave right now !
how are you doing day to day ?  

[8d...]

oh sorry some confusion there my end but your right they are mostly criminals it’s very few that’s actually know/ care about prescribing poison - benzo - ssris ,
it’s terrible throughout this i been in touch with my gp and they constantly tried to give me ssri even putting them in my chemist package for asthma without me asking for them !!! 
i just refuse to take them . 

i guess that’s all we can do is just outlast it and move on to be honest that’s what i have been doing all these months but the last week just freaked my self out with my health anxiety it should settle soon t tho seem to be in abit of a wave right now !
how are you doing day to day ?  

Hi, i am doing well with my WD but having symptoms randomly and some waves coming from nowhere.

I am currently having another health problem that requires antibiotics and corticoids and it it making me have my anxiety high cause i am so scared to take any meds, specially AB and anything on the long list on the Potentially Dangerous Substances List:

https://www.benzoinfo.com/medications-and-supplements/

After dentist prescribed an AB it blew my nervous system and that made teke benzos daily for months.

Edited by Guest

[ch...]
6 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Hi, i am doing well with my WD but having symptoms randomly and some waves coming from nowhere.

I am currently having another health problem that requires antibiotics and corticoids and it it making me have my anxiety high cause i am so scared to take any meds, specially AB and anything on the long list on the Potentially Dangerous Substances List:

https://www.benzoinfo.com/medications-and-supplements/

After dentist prescribed an AB it blew my nervous system and that made teke benzos daily for months.

well thats good that your doing well we have to just push on dont we , are you still having the racing mind etc that we mentioned  before ? 

iv always been sceptical of these lists if im honest and iv actually been taking apigenin long term through my withdrawl as toward the start i was actually advised by someone who is apparently a "benzo withdrawl expert " and gives people lists of suppliemtns to help withdrawl !! 
im going to stop taking them they could be contributing to my current symptoms latley iv suspected they could be as i seem to get a slight rise in the hypnagogic hallucinations after taking one apigenin in the evening .

thanks for the list im reading through it now 

[8d...]

well thats good that your doing well we have to just push on dont we , are you still having the racing mind etc that we mentioned  before ? 

iv always been sceptical of these lists if im honest and iv actually been taking apigenin long term through my withdrawl as toward the start i was actually advised by someone who is apparently a "benzo withdrawl expert " and gives people lists of suppliemtns to help withdrawl !! 
im going to stop taking them they could be contributing to my current symptoms latley iv suspected they could be as i seem to get a slight rise in the hypnagogic hallucinations after taking one apigenin in the evening .

thanks for the list im reading through it now 

You're the one who is gonna take you out of this hell so, be smart, be wise, practice trial and error, i've saved my ass a few times cause i sat down to think where was the problem, where did i go wrong to be in acute wave and so far i have been able to figure out what it was, a change to a different syringe to make doses that it was supposed to measure the same but it doesn't, a change in the drug's brand, some ear drops for ear infection that had AB and got me in acute WD symptoms. etc etc.

What i mean by this is that, if you are suspecting that taking another med, a suplement or a food is rising your symptoms, try without it and see how you feel, if that supplement don't need to have a WD, just quit it for a few days and see, if you're gonna have trouble by cold turkey it then try reducing the dose, just try things and see how that affects you. I was scared to drink Coke and i didn't drink one in 8 months and now i found out that is actually helping feel better cause my blood preasure was too low and one cold Coke everyday makes me feel great, some people can even drink coffe in WD, i can't cause i never could.

Yeah we need to keep pushing, Churchil said "If You're Going Through Hell, Keep Going"

I haven't had those racing thoughts or hypnagogic symptoms for some weeks (knock on wood).

[ch...]
3 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

if that supplement don't need to have a WD,

see im not sure im trying to find out if I can just outright stop taking it but iv noticed if I miss a dose I get hypnik jerks come back so I'm not sure what to do iv never heard of tapering supplements According to google apigenin is not habit forming iv done another post hopefully someone knows! but yeah your right and iv realized it could be contributing so time to rule it out . 
I'm going to stop taking it I think & just see how I feel . 
yeah I ruled out all coffee and stuff similar its not healthy anyway to drink all the time same with coke ! 

7 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Yeah we need to keep pushing, Churchil said "If You're Going Through Hell, Keep Going"

I haven't had those racing thoughts or hypnagogic symptoms for some weeks (knock on wood)

that's great I'm glad to hear hopefully that carries on :) 

[vo...]
On 20/07/2024 at 07:20, [[c...] said:

yeah i mean iv gone through the motions with what youv mentioned here , im 10 months cleans and still have these lingering mental symptoms so really im just trying to get some reassurance it’s not something more sinister going on ! 
but i guess no one here can really say ! 
i was hoping over people would have experienced somthing similar and got better after withdrawal ended 

@[ch...] I was a "heavy user: for 5 decades. I literally wasted that part of my life on benzos. I'm not wasting the rest of my life. I'm at 13 mos. some of my symptoms have subsided. I know for sure it does get better after withdrawal ends. My symptoms are pretty much the same as everyone else's in this group. I try not to read the negative posts as much as possible, because it doesn't serve any of us that want to try to get better, any good. Maybe read some of the success stories to give yourself hope?