Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

busy mind making me think i could Develop psychosis any advice ?

[fe...]
1 hour ago, [[D...] said:

i started at 5mg i am at 2.85mg

Yes, as i said i am only close to half way and it's getting harder as i go lower.

24 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

i didn’t mean that’s what you are doing if it came across like that

Don't worry about it, i know you've never mean anything bad on another benzo buddie. It is ok to give your sincere opinion and i learn everyday form another member's experience.

At what dose did you jump off? i pretend to taper to 0.5mg and then jump.

[ch...]
6 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Yes, as i said i am only close to half way and it's getting harder as i go lower.

Don't worry about it, i know you've never mean anything bad on another benzo buddie. It is ok to give your sincere opinion and i learn everyday form another member's experience.

At what dose did you jump off? i pretend to taper to 0.5mg and then jump.

your doing well tho keep it going how often are you jumping every few months did you say ? 

of course not where all struggling here i was mainly talking from my perspective 🙂
i got down to 0.5 mg but that was literally like crumb and that’s when i just called it a day and jumped i felt a slight rise in symptoms for about 10 days but not much from how i was already feeling ! 

have you found anything that helps with the constant intrusive / looping thoughts we was taking about ? 

[fe...]
16 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

your doing well tho keep it going how often are you jumping every few months did you say ? 

of course not where all struggling here i was mainly talking from my perspective 🙂
i got down to 0.5 mg but that was literally like crumb and that’s when i just called it a day and jumped i felt a slight rise in symptoms for about 10 days but not much from how i was already feeling ! 

have you found anything that helps with the constant intrusive / looping thoughts we was taking about ? 

I am doing micro daily taper, i keep trying to find the perfect rate but i am somehow stabilized like this, i taper 4 days 0.02mg each day and then i hold for 3 days so i drop 0.08mg every week and do that for 3 weeks and then i hold the whole last week every month so i drop 0.25mg each month, i just started this method in july, i used to go 5 days taper and hold for 2 and taper 0.1mg a week but it's getting harder and i ended up holding for half of the month dur to severe symptoms so i was tapering 0.25mg anyways and suffering unnecesarily.

I try to keep the hyperbolic taper in mind so i go slower every month till i get to 1.5mg and then go linear till 0.5mg and then jump.

Those are my plans but my plans have never worked so i most likely be frustrated whenh i read this in a few months.

[ch...]
10 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

I am doing micro daily taper, i keep trying to find the perfect rate but i am somehow stabilized like this, i taper 4 days 0.02mg each day and then i hold for 3 days so i drop 0.08mg every week and do that for 3 weeks and then i hold the whole last week every month so i drop 0.25mg each month, i just started this method in july, i used to go 5 days taper and hold for 2 and taper 0.1mg a week but it's getting harder and i ended up holding for half of the month dur to severe symptoms so i was tapering 0.25mg anyways and suffering unnecesarily.

I try to keep the hyperbolic taper in mind so i go slower every month till i get to 1.5mg and then go linear till 0.5mg and then jump.

Those are my plans but my plans have never worked so i most likely be frustrated whenh i read this in a few months.

yeah that makes sense well it sounds like you have things under control you’ll do fine things will be tough for a while ! 

honestl im so much better than i was a the start some days pretty normal except some low mood im back to work back in the gym i still struggle a lot with sleep but you have to just push on ! 

are you doing anything to try manage symptoms like the racing thoughts etc ? or are you just lasting them out 

[fe...]
2 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

yeah that makes sense well it sounds like you have things under control you’ll do fine things will be tough for a while ! 

honestl im so much better than i was a the start some days pretty normal except some low mood im back to work back in the gym i still struggle a lot with sleep but you have to just push on ! 

are you doing anything to try manage symptoms like the racing thoughts etc ? or are you just lasting them out 

Yeah i am seeing a therapist who is benzo wise and he is helping keep my sanity but honestly i have done most of the work, prior to benzo WD i figure out do overcome my anxiety and panic disorder and that is helping the most in WD cause despite my worst waves and symptoms i remain anxiety free and no panic atacks so far, i had a couple of attemps on panic attacks as rebound symptoms but they last literally 10 seconds, once you defeat it it has no more power on you.

It all about building a mindset where you know and trully believe, anxiety and panic can't harm you and when you stop the fear you stop the panic. Fear is the gasoline for anxiety and panic.

I also posted about it, but in general, i try to keep calm the whole time and do some breathing to lower anxiety always helps, but a good example good be; in your case your anxiety was rising high cause you were worrying (maybe in panic) about going psychotic, when you trully believe you're fine and it's olny WD symptoms, you stop the fear, you stop the anxiety, it works with all health anxiety.

[PE...]
6 hours ago, [[c...] said:

hi everyone looking for some advice , 
if managed to freak my self out that i may be devolving psychosis , 
im ten months post jump from diaz use . 

i have a lot of symptoms mainly mental at this point , ruminating thoughts constantly ! day dreaming , intrusive thoughts / memories . my brain literally doesn’t switch off some days i feel like it’s hard to concentrate , my inner monologue is constantly talking and repeating things im doing .weird delusional dream states at night waking up and falling asleep also when i close my eyes i get flashes of weird images like very strange muddled up faces and weird characters i think these are hypnogonik hallucinations i believe  . 
also i get like intrusive thoughts somtimes in violent nature 

iv suffered abit of health anxiety though this & iv freaked my self out i might be getting mentally ill , i mean im 10 months out and surely it would of happened by now if it was going to ? 
just wanted some advice from people as i know its a fairly common symptom in withdrawal is it possible this far out and from symptoms mentioned if not any advice on how to calm these thoughts ? 
iv been doing 10 minutes mindful mediation. 
thanks guys 

One sign of psychosis is that the person is not knowing he's/her having one. 

It can feel like the mind can't take more and loosing your mind but it's never happens. 

Take care 😊😊

[ch...]
1 minute ago, [[P...] said:

It can feel like the mind can't take more and loosing your mind but it's never happens. 

Take care 😊😊

hey man thanks for the reassurance it’s just tough some days and iv been freaking my self out abit about it ! 

I appreciate the kind words 

• Like 1

[PE...]
Just now, [[c...] said:

hey man thanks for the reassurance it’s just tough some days and iv been freaking my self out abit about it ! 

I appreciate the kind words 

Just try to chill chilled fellow 😊😊

You be ok..

[fe...]
3 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Take care 😊😊

Yeah that's called anosognosia; It is defined as the patient's inability to introspect regarding cognitive deficits and behavioral alterations.

[ch...]
10 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Yeah i am seeing a therapist who is benzo wise and he is helping keep my sanity but honestly i have done most of the work, prior to benzo WD i figure out do overcome my anxiety and panic disorder and that is helping the most in WD cause despite my worst waves and symptoms i remain anxiety free and no panic atacks so far, i had a couple of attemps on panic attacks as rebound symptoms but they last literally 10 seconds, once you defeat it it has no more power on you.

It all about building a mindset where you know and trully believe, anxiety and panic can't harm you and when you stop the fear you stop the panic. Fear is the gasoline for anxiety and panic.

I also posted about it, but in general, i try to keep calm the whole time and do some breathing to lower anxiety always helps, but a good example good be; in your case your anxiety was rising high cause you were worrying (maybe in panic) about going psychotic, when you trully believe you're fine and it's olny WD symptoms, you stop the fear, you stop the anxiety, it works with all health anxiety.

that’s good youv managed to get in control of the anxiety luckily i haven’t had any panic attacks i had them when i was younger but trained my self out of them and they have never come back luckily ! 

but your approach and outlook is very good and your completely right , iv freaked my self out in a moment of high anxiety and my health anxiety has kicked in but thats why i turn to the forum to get some reassurance once i realise its just the withdrawal again ill come down your right ! 

thanks for the replies tho your doing great keep it up ! 

[ch...]
8 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Just try to chill chilled fellow 😊😊

You be ok..

thanks man the health anxiety kicks in somtimes and i have to just speak to some of you guys who understand ! 

[fe...]
2 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

trained my self out of them and they have never come back luckily !

You did just what i did, so you know it works.

3 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

iv freaked my self out in a moment of high anxiety and my health anxiety has kicked

That happened to me when i first found out i was hooked on benzos, i went panic mode for a few days but then i realized i had to go back to calm and stop the fear cause it would only make it worse.

thanks for your replies too and i hope you overcome those crappy symptoms.

[ch...]
2 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

You did just what i did, so you know it works.

That happened to me when i first found out i was hooked on benzos, i went panic mode for a few days but then i realized i had to go back to calm and stop the fear cause it would only make it worse.

thanks for your replies too and i hope you overcome those crappy symptoms.

it defiantly works you can train your self out of the panic attacks 100% !! 

yeahhh it happens i do well then now and again have a little setback with the health anxiety ! 
no worries i hope the rest of your withdrawal goes smooth you’ll be okay just stay strong and keep pushing i done it after 7 years of heavy heavy use !!! 
so you can defiantly do it . 

[PE...]
19 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

thanks man the health anxiety kicks in somtimes and i have to just speak to some of you guys who understand ! 

Feel free to pm me at anytime. 

• Like 1

[fe...]
13 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Feel free to pm me at anytime. 

Yeah, i am available too.

[da...]
8 hours ago, [[c...] said:

hi everyone looking for some advice , 
if managed to freak my self out that i may be devolving psychosis , 
im ten months post jump from diaz use . 

i have a lot of symptoms mainly mental at this point , ruminating thoughts constantly ! day dreaming , intrusive thoughts / memories . my brain literally doesn’t switch off some days i feel like it’s hard to concentrate , my inner monologue is constantly talking and repeating things im doing .weird delusional dream states at night waking up and falling asleep also when i close my eyes i get flashes of weird images like very strange muddled up faces and weird characters i think these are hypnogonik hallucinations i believe  . 
also i get like intrusive thoughts somtimes in violent nature 

iv suffered abit of health anxiety though this & iv freaked my self out i might be getting mentally ill , i mean im 10 months out and surely it would of happened by now if it was going to ? 
just wanted some advice from people as i know its a fairly common symptom in withdrawal is it possible this far out and from symptoms mentioned if not any advice on how to calm these thoughts ? 
iv been doing 10 minutes mindful mediation. 
thanks guys 

Join the club bud. Its pretty normal in withdrawal. Debilitating brain fog and constant anxiety. Hang in there. 

• Like 1

[ch...]
24 minutes ago, [[d...] said:

Join the club bud. Its pretty normal in withdrawal. Debilitating brain fog and constant anxiety. Hang in there. 

iv dealt with some savage anxiety the last 10 months but these current racing thoughts / intrusive thoughts just threw me off ! but hope your all good man 

[On...]

My experience is different, so please don't get scared. I cold turkeyed/ stopped from high usage- would not do!  developed delirium and psychosis was seen by psychosis team, am getting warning signs it not going, so will be getting it reviewed. Mainly paranoia and think I'm blamed/attacked by others in conversations. It was so bad the radio/tvs, even numbers, barcode and words were all getting at Me or meant something. 

I was identifying with bottles of bleach and other products !

But speak to a professional if can as soon as possible. Problem with me is not trusting, but that my stuff.

But remember you know you best, I'm journalling until next psych appt. Only on a antidepressant. 

@[ch...] I too was concerned that I was developing psychosis early in withdrawal.  I was having bizarre thoughts about reality, religion, existence and it was frightening.  Though the fact that I was able to challenge these false beliefs myself was a sign that I was not delusional, at least by the DSM V criteria.   It was very scary but passed after a couple months.  I'm currently 5 months out.  It doesn't sound like you meet the criteria for this or the other criteria for psychosis.  It was helpful for me to talk with my psychiatrist about these thoughts.  I was not put on any medication.  The fact I knew I had a physician caring for me if things got to out of control was very comforting.  

• Like 1

[ch...]
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, [[O...] said:

My experience is different, so please don't get scared. I cold turkeyed/ stopped from high usage- would not do!  developed delirium and psychosis was seen by psychosis team, am getting warning signs it not going, so will be getting it reviewed. Mainly paranoia and think I'm blamed/attacked by others in conversations. It was so bad the radio/tvs, even numbers, barcode and words were all getting at Me or meant something. 

I was identifying with bottles of bleach and other products !

But speak to a professional if can as soon as possible. Problem with me is not trusting, but that my stuff.

But remember you know you best, I'm journalling until next psych appt. Only on a antidepressant. 

hi yes didn’t this happen to you toward the start of your withdraw once you stopped CT ? i’m 10 months out now so think i just freaked my self out abit reading up stuff , 
i was worse mentally months back but still suffer a lot with busy intrusive thoughts / mind etc 

how are you doing now with it has it passed ? 

Edited by [ch...]

[On...]

@[ch...], I'm hoping it isn't going to come back I'm 82 days benzo free, but I've got ptsd added onto my cptsd if get me. So I could be paranoid about psychosis too, but the paranoia, and taking things literally or about me being a piece of crap is still real intense, though could take time. But I been told was hallucinating, believed the prime minister had seen me to take me to world war 3 in hospital. Was put on 40mg a day to stop them. But only 2 months taper so my brain chemistry fried. 

[On...]

On reflection, try not to be worried I've got further ptsd, which can overlap, and I had a traumatic delirium from cold turkey but my reasons for being on benzos are also in full swing issues. But I am not ready for proper therapy (can't afford it lol). But psychosis symptoms are generally secondary to other mental health breaks.

These GABA receptors are not helping. 

We are on here, so must be blessed 🙌