Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Too much sleep?

[be...]

Hi I was feeling pretty good few days before yesterday. 33day benzo free right now. Yesterdsy was pretty bad but today I sleep more than usually like three hours more and feel horrible when wake up. Now is getting little better but still anxious 😰 

So is it possible too much sleep make more anxious? I usually sleep to 6 today I wake up 09.15

[Bu...]
1 hour ago, [[b...] said:

Hi I was feeling pretty good few days before yesterday. 33day benzo free right now. Yesterdsy was pretty bad but today I sleep more than usually like three hours more and feel horrible when wake up. Now is getting little better but still anxious 😰 

So is it possible too much sleep make more anxious? I usually sleep to 6 today I wake up 09.15

I usually feel anxious and horrible when I wake up too

I think strange sleep is to be expected and would be personally pleased to wake up later than usual. 

im six weeks in Benzo free. My sleep was a lot better a couple of weeks ago in terms of length , but never refreshing. Now it’s very unpredictable but is sometimes refreshing. 

from what I’ve read it could be weeks or months before sleep normalises. I’m choosing to believe it will happen eventually. 

good luck with your day

[be...]
4 hours ago, [[B...] said:

I usually feel anxious and horrible when I wake up too

I think strange sleep is to be expected and would be personally pleased to wake up later than usual. 

im six weeks in Benzo free. My sleep was a lot better a couple of weeks ago in terms of length , but never refreshing. Now it’s very unpredictable but is sometimes refreshing. 

from what I’ve read it could be weeks or months before sleep normalises. I’m choosing to believe it will happen eventually. 

good luck with your day

Thank you I was swimming and smoke sauna if that's right term in English. Now I feel very good hot sauna and swim after that is so relaxing! One or two beers would be nice after that but it's too early I need to heal more before that. 

[On...]

I was told to listen to my body, I had ten hours last night!

Unfortunately no matter what the mental symptoms are there. The mind and body need to recover/rest. And I was barely getting any for months. 

So early on do what is right. Think waking self up unecessarily isn't needed. If do more one day will likely sleep more. 

X

• Like 1

[vo...]
1 hour ago, [[O...] said:

I was told to listen to my body, I had ten hours last night!

Unfortunately no matter what the mental symptoms are there. The mind and body need to recover/rest. And I was barely getting any for months. 

So early on do what is right. Think waking self up unecessarily isn't needed. If do more one day will likely sleep more. 

X

I'm really glad to see you say this @[On...]! I kind of wish you would share it on a post where someone is asking if they'll ever sleep again, so that you can show them we do get better! Thanks for saying this! We need more positivity like this here.

• Like 1