Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I still can't figure out where the swollen brain sensation comes from.

[be...]

Sorry for posting again. There was nothing wrong on my MRI. But I can physically feel that my brain is constantly swelling,shivering  and flipping and there is something in it. I just cant figure out where this freaking sensation is coming from. There are very few posts about it. You guys might just say that we all heal but I just cant even figure out what this is. Ok maybe we are not sure whether I get healed or not. But what is this one? It is just so insane. I keep trying to think about what this thing is. But I still dont know what this is. There should be something since I can physically feel it. It is ok that i dont get healed. But I just want to know what this freaking thing is.

Edited by [be...]

[S_...]

@[be...] I also have that physical sensation too but mines  feels like a knot  in the back of my head it's soo weird 

[be...]
23 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

@[be...] I also have that physical sensation too but mines  feels like a knot  in the back of my head it's soo weird 

yes. i had the knot feeling until a few weeks ago. now it feels like something is swelling and flipping around. it just never goes away.

[So...]

I have/have had this.. it's been on & off for me.  It is just another physical sensation from withdrawal, it will leave.

• Like 1

[be...]
Just now, [[S...] said:

I have/have had this.. it's been on & off for me.  It is just another physical sensation from withdrawal, it will leave.

Did it always come and go or did u have it 24/7 in the past?

[S_...]

Mines comes and goes . Do u guys think it might be the benzo residues or something ? 

[vo...]
16 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

Mines comes and goes . Do u guys think it might be the benzo residues or something ? 

I would think it is from your GABA receptors being in the process of resetting themselves to normal. If you've ruled out anything physical by way of an MRI or CT scan, or even if you haven't, this would be the most likely reason. @[S_...] and @[be...], power through this. Remember, many of us are having the same/similar sensations it seems most likely a symptom of withdrawal.

• Like 1

[be...]
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, [[S...] said:

Mine is 24/7 since I jumped. That is why I'm freaking scared

Edited by [be...]

[be...]
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

I would think it is from your GABA receptors being in the process of resetting themselves to normal. If you've ruled out anything physical by way of an MRI or CT scan, or even if you haven't, this would be the most likely reason. @[S_...] and @[be...], power through this. Remember, many of us are having the same/similar sensations it seems most likely a symptom of withdrawal.

I dont think it is GABA receptors anymore when they heal. They are healing seperately. I reinstated and I dont feel anything.

Edited by [be...]

[En...]
2 hours ago, [[b...] said:

I dont think it is GABA receptors anymore when they heal. They are healing seperately. I reinstated and I dont feel anything.

I have this as well. Also feels like I have specific spots in my brain that hurt. Not a headache something different that Tylenol doesn't help. It has to be my brain healing. Never had this sensation before withdrawal. You will heal. It will get better. Let your brain heal. Dont panic. It may seem like this is forever because of the intensity of the feeling but it will fo away. I know that panic feeling. 

• Love 1

[be...]
8 hours ago, [[b...] said:

Sorry for posting again. There was nothing wrong on my MRI. But I can physically feel that my brain is constantly swelling,shivering  and flipping and there is something in it. I just cant figure out where this freaking sensation is coming from. There are very few posts about it. You guys might just say that we all heal but I just cant even figure out what this is. Ok maybe we are not sure whether I get healed or not. But what is this one? It is just so insane. I keep trying to think about what this thing is. But I still dont know what this is. There should be something since I can physically feel it. It is ok that i dont get healed. But I just want to know what this freaking thing is.

I felt this too. Like two weeks after jump now it's turned to headaches. I was thinking when feel it my brain is damaged and never get normal but it stopped and chance form. How long since u jumped?

[PE...]

@[be...] my finish friend. Can you use caffeine? The headache i woke up with everyday was managed with strong coffee. It also helped with the hangover feeling i did have for so long.

[be...]
49 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

@[be...] my finish friend. Can you use caffeine? The headache i woke up with everyday was managed with strong coffee. It also helped with the hangover feeling i did have for so long.

One cup coffee is my limit ATM. First I didn't handle even one cup like a week ago. Maybe it's true cause I don't feel headache on morning. Thank you hav to try when it comes small cup. Today I actually broke the limit and drink two cups and didn't feel anxious or headache. My neighbour how long acute stage did last for you?

And thanks for tip!

• Like 1

[be...]

I felt this too. Like two weeks after jump now it's turned to headaches. I was thinking when feel it my brain is damaged and never get normal but it stopped and chance form. How long since u jumped?

at first it was full of electricity. now it is like it is fliping , swelling and shivering

[PE...]

One cup coffee is my limit ATM. First I didn't handle even one cup like a week ago. Maybe it's true cause I don't feel headache on morning. Thank you hav to try when it comes small cup. Today I actually broke the limit and drink two cups and didn't feel anxious or headache. My neighbour how long acute stage did last for you?

And thanks for tip!

Hi!

First two weeks was the most extreme. Then slowly subsided over 3 months. 

It feels like healing started when i stopped having akathisia and vomiting. Everything beats that combo!

• Like 1

[So...]

Yeah so it has been 24/7, on and off, it just changes and depends.  Just because you are having a symptom 24/7 though doesn't mean you're not healing. 

[be...]
1 hour ago, [[S...] said:

Yeah so it has been 24/7, on and off, it just changes and depends.  Just because you are having a symptom 24/7 though doesn't mean you're not healing. 

mine actually hurts.

[Le...]

I had that for years. It didnt go away until I started living again despite it. 

I have had milder versions of it when living very poorly and working desk jobs. 

The needing to know, exactly this. If only i knew what's happening, what's the mechanism, what is this, and it'd be a bit better 

[Le...]

how curled up is your back, how tense are the muscles, how inactive are you?  how many times per day do you think you sit for 15+ min. are many of those curled over a phone?  

just curious cause many of my problems were solved by reversing a long time in living horribly cause of WD. 

Edited by [Le...]