Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy

19 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Is swimming the only form of exercise that helps?

I don't know yet 😅 Any thoughts?

43 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

So my back is killing me. I need to go to the gym, but I can't handle people just yet. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

It's Sunday and most ppl doesn't gym on Sundays. It seems im almoust always alone on weekends 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

I don't know yet 😅 Any thoughts?

You live near to the woods? 

10 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

You live near to the woods? 

That's the bad part. I need to walk about 1,5-2 km to get to the woods. Amongst people too.

43 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

That's the bad part. I need to walk about 1,5-2 km to get to the woods. Amongst people too.

Dang it, that was my suggestion too, I sought refuge in walking where there weren't any people.  I mostly went out in the early morning and late evenings when there were less people around. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Dang it, that was my suggestion too, I sought refuge in walking where there weren't any people.  I mostly went out in the early morning and late evenings when there were less people around. 

I know some people from BB who do the same thing, but they have a forest next to their house. @[Pa...]

Edited by [in...]

So I'm 72 days out.

I've started pressing my teeth a lot more lately. Before I did it here and there, but now I do it to the point where I get this extremely exhausting headache. Once the headache kicks in I scratch my scalp because of the panicky feelings I get from the headache. It's like I'm trying to distract myself. I can't stop this cycle!! Help!!

(I know I must sound like a crazy person to you all, but this all happens automatically haha!)

1 hour ago, [[i...] said:

So I'm 72 days out.

I've started pressing my teeth a lot more lately. Before I did it here and there, but now I do it to the point where I get this extremely exhausting headache. Once the headache kicks in I scratch my scalp because of the panicky feelings I get from the headache. It's like I'm trying to distract myself. I can't stop this cycle!! Help!!

(I know I must sound like a crazy person to you all, but this all happens automatically haha!)

Anyone? ☝️💯🙏

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, [[i...] said:

So I'm 72 days out.

Does anyone have an answer on how to quit/change this ☝️? Thanks!

Edited by [in...]

3 hours ago, [[i...] said:

So I'm 72 days out.

Hi @[in...] It does sound like a cycle as you are mentioning and more of a cycle than a distraction that may make your panic feelings worse. Can you find another type of distraction to take your mind off of this focus?

5 hours ago, [[i...] said:

So I'm 72 days out.

@[in...], are you saying you're clenching your jaw?  You might need to wear a mouth guard so you won't damage your teeth. 

You don't sound any crazier than the rest of us, so you're in good company but I admire you for putting on a brave face when I know how much you're suffering. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, [[P...] said:

@[in...], are you saying you're clenching your jaw?  You might need to wear a mouth guard so you won't damage your teeth. 

You don't sound any crazier than the rest of us, so you're in good company but I admire you for putting on a brave face when I know how much you're suffering. 

A mouth guard can help during nights. The problem is I'm doing this during daytime!

50 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

A mouth guard can help during nights. The problem is I'm doing this during daytime!

I was doing that as well, subconsciously and it caused jaw pain/soreness. I'm not sure if it is subconscious for you too. The only way I could stop myself from doing it was to intentionally breathe through my mouth for several hours, which kept my teeth from clenching together. I kept doing this for a couple of weeks. Not every single hour, but enough to try to "train" my mouth not to clench my teeth. Do you think trying that might help?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

I was doing that as well, subconsciously and it caused jaw pain/soreness. I'm not sure if it is subconscious for you too. The only way I could stop myself from doing it was to intentionally breathe through my mouth for several hours, which kept my teeth from clenching together. I kept doing this for a couple of weeks. Not every single hour, but enough to try to "train" my mouth not to clench my teeth. Do you think trying that might help?

Did you stop doing it eventually?

14 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Did you stop doing it eventually?

Yes! That's why I'm hoping this might work for you. I know we are all different and some suggestions work for some people and not for others, so I was hoping this might help you too. :balloon:  Most likely, it may be anxiety that is causing you to do it. It is anxiety that causes me to do it.

Edited by [vo...]

51 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

Yes! That's why I'm hoping this might work for you. I know we are all different and some suggestions work for some people and not for others, so I was hoping this might help you too. :balloon:  Most likely, it may be anxiety that is causing you to do it. It is anxiety that causes me to do it.

Yes. It's stress because of the WD, which creates anxious feelings.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, [[v...] said:

The only way I could stop myself from doing it was to intentionally breathe through my mouth for several hours, which kept my teeth from clenching together.

I did something similar, I was rubbing my tongue on the roof of my mouth enough to get blisters on both.  When I finally realized why I was so sore, I tried to consciously control my unconscious new tick, I wasn't very successful but thank goodness recovery took care of it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I did something similar, I was rubbing my tongue on the roof of my mouth enough to get blisters on both.  When I finally realized why I was so sore, I tried to consciously control my unconscious new tick, I wasn't very successful but thank goodness recovery took care of it.

So maybe I'll stop pressing my teeth automatically when I'll recover? 😃

• Like 2

So I'm having trouble sleeping again. It's about 1 AM and I can't relax. I guess I can't sleep because I'm having a hard time picturing a life without benzos.

Tips? Thoughts?

13 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

What was your life like before you started taking benzodiazepines?

Oh. I don't know where to start. Stressful. A lot of alcohol, drugs and violence in my environment and family. Thinking about it I've never had a calm time in my life.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Did you finally fall asleep?

I did. Sometime around 02:00-03:00 I think. Woke up at around 10:00 🙏

Edited by [in...]
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

As many of you know, I took about 1 mg of Clonazepam daily for 1,5-2 years. I'm 74 days out today!  I'm reeeeeally hoping things will turn around at the 3 month mark. I'm so fed up with the WD! I'm never touching benzos again if I make it out of this and heal! Maybe for a dentist appointment, but other than that: No thanks!

What do you guys think? I should start feeling better soon right?

Edited by [in...]

1 hour ago, [[i...] said:

As many of you know, I took about 1 mg of Clonazepam daily for 1,5-2 years. I'm 74 days out today!  I'm reeeeeally hoping things will turn around at the 3 month mark. I'm so fed up with the WD! I'm never touching benzos again if I make it out of this and heal! Maybe for a dentist appointment, but other than that: No thanks!

What do you guys think? I should start feeling better soon right?

☝️ Please tell me something good! 🙃😔 Anyone? 🙂