Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy

6 hours ago, [[i...] said:

Is it normal to not be able to go to the bathroom because of WD? All my muscles are too tensed. I feel like I'm stressed out every minute of the day. I do sleep 6-7 hours/night, so that's ok. Daytime I feel like my mind's racing all day long. Again: Is this a normal thing during WD? Thanks all 🙏 ❤️ 

Anyone else? 😊☝️

Is it normal to not be able to go to the bathroom because of WD? All my muscles are too tensed. I feel like I'm stressed out every minute of the day. I do sleep 6-7 hours/night, so that's ok. Daytime I feel like my mind's racing all day long. Again: Is this a normal thing during WD? Thanks all

Are you talking about a bowel movement?

I'm amazed you can sleep, but yes, your racing mind is very common and remember, benzodiazepines are excellent muscle relaxers so we feel the exact opposite when we take them away. 

• Like 1

@[Pa...] I'm talking about I'm too stressed out to relax. My whole body is tensed because of WD. This means I can't relax to do my business in the men's room. Is this normal?

I didn't have this symptom but my body was tense all of the time too, I still remember when my body finally relaxed, it was such a great day.

I've seen a lot of threads on the subject, have you tried using the search function? 

• Love 1

9 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I didn't have this symptom but my body was tense all of the time too, I still remember when my body finally relaxed, it was such a great day.

I've seen a lot of threads on the subject, have you tried using the search function? 

I've used it several times. I haven't read about the "tensed muscles" thing though. It feels so good to know that it'll ease up sometime in the future because it's totally draining my body's energy reserve.

Day 69 without Clonazepam.

So I had the worst cortisol rush by far on my way to swimming this morning. I thought I was having a stroke or something. All I could think about was "Pleeeeease just let me get in the water" and I felt better instantly when I started swimming. I set a new personal record today. When I started swimming I swam 500m in about 45 minutes. Today, about 6 weeks later, I did it in about 17 minutes. I'm not the fastest swimmer in the world but at least I'm improving 😊

• Like 1
  • Love 2

You're amazing @[in...], some people can't go from their bed to their couch and you suffer through a horrific cortisol rush so you can swim and you set a personal best record today, wow! :yippee:  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

You're amazing @[in...], some people can't go from their bed to their couch and you suffer through a horrific cortisol rush so you can swim and you set a personal best record today, wow! :yippee:  

Thanks 🙏 Well I guess I have two options: 1. Be in bed listening to my body and all the things that are going on with WD. 2. Distract myself by swimming, for example.

I'm so fed up with this whole thing but I can't do much about it. So why not do something I like doing right?

• Like 2

@[in...], i think it's an excellent approach!) So much like it. You seem to be doing well. I think not everyone can be so reasonable at the mark of 69 days:classic_smile:

• Like 2

Thank you @[...] 🙏 I guess we all have good moments sometimes. I'm speaking/writing in this way to teach myself that I can go a long way with a positive mindset! So when I'll start feeling better on a daily basis I'll be prepared, if that makes sense. Thanks for the kind words 💯❤️

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

Day 69 is coming to an end. I need some sleep after a long day with swimming, walking and doing cable management in my apartment. I'm exhausted. I'm going to see my shrink in the morning so I need all the rest I can get! Thank you guys for the support tonight. It means the world to me 🙏🙏🙏

Edited by [in...]
  • Like 1

Day 70. So I must've gotten about 3-4 hours of sleep tonight tops. It's about 05:50 AM over here. I'm used to sleeping for about 6-7 hours and I don't know what to do... Help!

I've realized something during WD:

I've become suspicious of people. Almost paranoid. I've always had a hard time trusting people, but it got worse during these last two months. I don't know what I can do about it! Please tell me this is a normal thing and that it's a part of WD!

Yes, @[in...], it happens and often. I got like that at times too. Felt kind of everyone was my personal enemy. For me, it came in short waves like all my symptoms. A really weird thing, the withdrawal is...

As for your sleep, it seems to be also normal, even better than normal. It should stabilise over time, mine did. I'm still surprised at it no end:)

• Love 1

7 hours ago, [[i...] said:

I've realized something during WD:

I've become suspicious of people. Almost paranoid. I've always had a hard time trusting people, but it got worse during these last two months. I don't know what I can do about it! Please tell me this is a normal thing and that it's a part of WD!

Yep, I worked during my recovery from a cold turkey and I was super paranoid, worried about what my co-workers were saying about me, it stopped when I recovered. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Yep, I worked during my recovery from a cold turkey and I was super paranoid, worried about what my co-workers were saying about me, it stopped when I recovered. 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Jackpot!!! Woohooooo!!! This is the best thing I've read in my time here on BB!! Thank you @[Pa...]!! 💯🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Edited by [in...]
  • Like 1

I just slept for NINE HOURS straight!! That hasn't happened since... a loooong time ago. In like 2022, maybe...? 😅 Because of benzos, obviously.

I think it must've happened because I got some good news here at BB plus at my shrinks office yesterday. I also finished some stuff at home that's been bothering me for years. Wohooo!

I know a wave will crash over me soon, but I'm going to enjoy this feeling while I can! I hope you all are having a great weekend 💯❤️ Peace! ✌️

• Like 2

I keep mixing peoples stories up. @[Pa...] What doses were you on? For how long? How long did your recovery last for? Like when did you know that "Ok. This is it! I'm healed"? A lot of questions, I know, but of course I'm curious! 😃

So my back is killing me. I need to go to the gym, but I can't handle people just yet. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?