Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy

2 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

Hello @[in...], I am so sorry you feel this way! 
I would check regularly my pulse and the side effects of the blood pressure medication and see if it might be causing tachycardia, which could be causing you great stress. 

@[Tr...] Hi Triny. I'm not sure if this would help @[in...]. IDK  I'm only thinking this because if I check my pulse or b.p., it actually causes my anxiety to get worse.

Edited by [vo...]
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Hello @[vo...], if our buddy has problems with his pulse, they should be solved. If a medicine, which he is taking is causing this, the medicine should be discontinued. 

By sticking our heads in the sand, we can not solve our problems. 

Edited by [Tr...]
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

Hello @[vo...], if our buddy has problems with his pulse, they should be solved. If a medicine, which he is taking is causing this, the medicine should be discontinued. 

I think he's puls is high either what right now.. it's in the wd package..

12 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

How is your pulse? 
Your blood pressure? 
Are still taking Bisoprolol and the blood pressure medication?

When I stopped my Parkinson’s medication Mirapexine CT I was given a blood pressure medication Coversil, which increased my pulse so much, that I developed sinus tachycardia. It was scary. After I read in the leaflet about this side effect, I asked for a beta blokker Bisoprolol, which normalized my heart rate.

If I were you, I would check regularly my pulse and the side effects of the blood pressure medication and see if it might be causing tachycardia, which could be causing you great stress. 

I think at this point pulse will be high

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

I apologize. I tend to get in my own head and make things harder for myself and magnify things worse than they might actually be. I'm sure you're right.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I think he's puls is high either what right now.. it's in the wd package..

I think at this point pulse will be high

Hi @[PE...], if he is taking correctly and the right dose of Bisoprolol, his pulse should be normal regardless of the WD.  As I experienced, additional BP medications can increase the pulse. It is also possible that he is not taking the Bisoprolol always at the same time, the dose needs to be increased, or that Bisoprolol is not suitable for him and he could try Propranolol or another beta blocker. 

In his case, it is advisable to check the side effects of his BP medication and to urgently discuss his medications with a doctor or even seek medical help or go to ER.

Just now, [[T...] said:

Hi @[PE...], if he is taking correctly and the right dose of Bisoprolol, his pulse should be normal regardless of the WD.  As I experienced, additional BP medications can increase the pulse. It is also possible that he is not taking the Bisoprolol always at the same time, the dose needs to be increased, or that Bisoprolol is not suitable for him and he could try Propranolol or another beta blocker. 

In his case, it is advisable to check the side effects of his BP medication and to urgently discuss his medications with a doctor or even seek medical help or go to ER.

Well yeah sure.. it's always good to set aside possible external factors. As I know he got a bit high BP and got a beta blocker (and another right?) for it. To my knowledge beta blockers don't cause high? Or high puls? I been on 200mg for high for several years without any weird issues. It just does it's job..

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Well yeah sure.. it's always good to set aside possible external factors. As I know he got a bit high BP and got a beta blocker (and another right?) for it. To my knowledge beta blockers don't cause high? Or high puls? I been on 200mg for high for several years without any weird issues. It just does it's job..

Hi @[PE...], beta blockers do two things - they decrease the heart rate and lower the blood pressure. They do this by blocking the adrenaline receptors in the heart. 

But it is possible, that some beta blockers are not effective for some people and they need to change to a different beta blocker. 

As far as I have seen in this post, he is taking Bisoprolol and later a BP medication was added.

Edited by [Tr...]
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, [[T...] said:

How is your pulse? 
Your blood pressure? 
Are you still taking Bisoprolol and the blood pressure medication?

When I stopped my Parkinson’s medication Mirapexine CT, I was given a blood pressure medication Coversil, which increased my pulse so much, that I developed sinus tachycardia. It was scary. After I read in the leaflet about this side effect, I asked for a beta blokker Bisoprolol, which normalized my heart rate.

If I were you, I would check regularly my pulse and the side effects of the blood pressure medication and see if it might be causing tachycardia, which could be causing you great stress and anxiety. 

I was super stressed before I started taking Bisoprolol and my blood pressure meds. So I know this is a WD thing.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

I was super stressed before I started taking Bisoprolol and my blood pressure meds. So I know this is a WD thing.

Hi, how fast is your pulse when you have your adrenaline rushes? 
Did you check the side effects of your BP medication? Some of them raise the heart rate.

Edited by [Tr...]

8 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

Hi, how fast is your pulse when you have your adrenaline rushes? 
Did you check the side effects of your BP medication? Some of them raise the heart rate.

First of all, I suffer from hypochondria. So I don't like to talk about side effects and all that. No, I haven't checked my pulse. My pulse is ok and steady when I am. I don't feel any different from taking my everyday meds, and that's that. I hope you understand. Thanks 🙏 

2 hours ago, [[v...] said:

@[Tr...] Hi Triny. I'm not sure if this would help @[in...]. IDK  I'm only thinking this because if I check my pulse or b.p., it actually causes my anxiety to get worse.

You're so right. It's not helping. Not even a little bit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, [[v...] said:

This is so true for me @Voluntas.  I've discovered a lot of things that cause my anxiety to spike, and I try to keep away from them.  Just the "thought" of certain things can bring on anxiety and shaking for me, oregonlady :hug:PS distractions are the best things for me, as long as they are healthy distractions (what I know to be healthy for me ;) )

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 3

I need to shift my focus to something else. I'm going for exercising the back. I hope you all are having a great day!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, [[i...] said:

I need to shift my focus to something else. I'm going for exercising the back. I hope you all are having a great day!

@[in...]I'm so happy to see you with such a positive outlook towards finding things to do to help you cope with these symptoms! I really feel that anything we can do to keep our minds busy with a distraction like working out like you are doing, helps keep our withdrawal symptoms from affecting us more than they would if we didn't keep busy. That's what works for me too.

• Like 2

On 22/07/2024 at 21:47, [[i...] said:

Anyone else? ☝️

I find that smoking eases the symptoms a little bit. I actually stopped before tapering, but I felt so bad I smoked a cigarette and it helped. So I smoke one in the morning and one or two in the afternoon. I don't really want the cigarette but its like medicine for me. I will stop when I am better. 

5 hours ago, [[i...] said:

First of all, I suffer from hypochondria. So I don't like to talk about side effects and all that. No, I haven't checked my pulse. My pulse is ok and steady when I am. I don't feel any different from taking my everyday meds, and that's that. I hope you understand. Thanks 🙏 

Hi @[in...], I am glad  that your pulse is OK and you don’t feel any different from your daily medications. 

I was very worried you might be having heart problems when you wrote this morning that you didn’t think you would make it alive.

if your heart is OK, then endeed you need to focus on distracting your mind.

Take care!
Good luck with your recovery! 🙏

Edited by [Tr...]

So once again it's 01:45 and I can't seem to get any sleep. For how long (in general) does this insomnia last?

6 hours ago, [[i...] said:

So once again it's 01:45 and I can't seem to get any sleep. For how long (in general) does this insomnia last?

I think it's one of the symptoms sticking the longest I'm afraid. I stil have it..

• Wow 1

Just now, [[i...] said:

I still made it to the pool. Swam 500m+. I need some lunch!

I just ran today. I'm a bit overtrained atm.. actually i should try swimming to! Need something to wear though.

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I just ran today. I'm a bit overtrained atm.. actually i should try swimming to! Need something to wear though.

Swimming is so good for you, and the chances of you injuring yourself are basically next to nothing! So go for it! 💯💥

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Is it normal to not be able to go to the bathroom because of WD? All my muscles are too tensed. I feel like I'm stressed out every minute of the day. I do sleep 6-7 hours/night, so that's ok. Daytime I feel like my mind's racing all day long. Again: Is this a normal thing during WD? Thanks all 🙏 ❤️ 

Edited by [in...]

On 11/08/2024 at 05:17, [[i...] said:

My body's acting so weird though. I can't relax! It's so scary!!

Are your muscles tense?

3 hours ago, [[i...] said:

Is it normal to not be able to go to the bathroom because of WD? All my muscles are too tensed. I feel like I'm stressed out every minute of the day. I do sleep 6-7 hours/night, so that's ok. Daytime I feel like my mind's racing all day long. Again: Is this a normal thing during WD? Thanks all 🙏 ❤️ 

I have had this happen