Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy

[PE...]
On 25/07/2024 at 13:46, [[i...] said:

Is anxiety supposed to be more intense when coming off benzos? I'm 48 days out.

Anxiety is like the bread and butter of benzo withdrawal. Everyone has it to some degree..

• Like 1

[in...]

So I'm thinking I want to go to the gym, but I can't because of this social anxiety that started because of WD. I can't handle being around people. Swimming is ok because there's hardly any people there. Thoughts?

[vo...]
1 hour ago, [[i...] said:

So I'm thinking I want to go to the gym, but I can't because of this social anxiety that started because of WD. I can't handle being around people. Swimming is ok because there's hardly any people there. Thoughts?

@[in...]. Yes - I have social anxiety too and hate being around people at the gym, but I go anyway. I always get on the treadmill that has a couple of open treadmills between me and the other people on them. I find wearing my iPods and playing music helps me zone out from the people around me. I'm just now (after a couple of months) starting to be a little more social with a few people at the gym.

• Like 1

[in...]

So I just got thrown into this big wave because of "friends" breaking promises. I'm feeling so bad. I can't handle these feelings of sadness and disappointment. I don't know what to do... All I feel is panic and a sadness deep inside of me... Help!!

• Like 1

[De...]

This is time when you need to concentrate on yourself not your friends. You can do it! 💪

maybe i am offline but i still support you And wish you all the best! 

• Like 3

[in...]

Another day without a cortisol rush in the morning. So I went swimming again today. I'm becoming faster. I hope stronger too! As long as I get some sleep tonight I'm going again tomorrow for sure! I wish you all an amazing day 💯🙏

• Like 1

[in...]
Posted (edited)

So I've been experiencing extreme anxiety twice since quitting benzos because of stuff that happened. Just life stuff.

For example: I lost my keys once and couldn't find them until about ten hours later. Thoughts about having to change all kinds of locks and having to make tens of calls having to explain to people what happened had me spiraling into extreme anxiety. I didn't know how to handle those feelings. 

Today I realized that I've lost my blood pressure meds. Not all of them but about 130 of them. I'm having an insane anxiety attack again.

I don't know what to do when this happens. Do you guys have any tips on how to handle these types of things/thoughts/feelings? 

I can't get myself to relax once the anxious feelings start flowing. Help! Please!!

Edited by [in...]

[in...]
21 hours ago, [[i...] said:

So I've been experiencing extreme anxiety twice since quitting benzos because of stuff that happened. Just life stuff.

For example: I lost my keys once and couldn't find them until about ten hours later. Thoughts about having to change all kinds of locks and having to make tens of calls having to explain to people what happened had me spiraling into extreme anxiety. I didn't know how to handle those feelings. 

Today I realized that I've lost my blood pressure meds. Not all of them but about 130 of them. I'm having an insane anxiety attack again.

I don't know what to do when this happens. Do you guys have any tips on how to handle these types of things/thoughts/feelings? 

I can't get myself to relax once the anxious feelings start flowing. Help! Please!!

Anyone? Help!! ☝️🙃🙏

[jo...]

In my experience it's best to just throw yourself into the situation even though your scared of it. You'll be amazed what you can handle in a situation when your feeling that way by just winging it. You'll feel better too aftarwards.

Your mental muscle memory will remember what to say and how to say it. Just sort of go into automatic I guess you could say. If your a bit nervous and they notice when you call them they won't even care. 

It's just you thinking that they will. I think when were in this state we are hyper self aware, which makes us think everyone else is hyper aware of us too. Really they don't give a shit.

Edited by [jo...]
  • Love 1

[in...]
9 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

In my experience it's best to just throw yourself into the situation even though your scared of it. You'll be amazed what you can handle in a situation when your feeling that way by just winging it. You'll feel better too aftarwards.

Your mental muscle memory will remember what to say and how to say it. Just sort of go into automatic I guess you could say. If your a bit nervous and they notice when you call them they won't even care. 

It's just you thinking that they will. I think when were in this state we are hyper self aware of ourselves, which makes us think everyone else is hyper aware of us too. Really they don't give a shit.

That's so true actually. I remember when I started going to the gym. I thought everyone was staring when in actuality they were minding their own business. Took some time but I remember getting used to it.

[jo...]
Just now, [[i...] said:

That's so true actually. I remember when I started going to the gym. I thought everyone was staring when in actuality they were minding their own business. Took some time but I remember getting used to it.

Yeah, unless your acting like a mad man they dont even notice you really. Your just another person at the gym. It's all in your own head.

• Love 1

[in...]

Day 57 without Clonazepam.

I don't know what to do about the anxiety anymore. Things like "calm down", "breathe" and "take a couple of deep breaths" are not helping. I'm terrified right now!!

The anxiety levels are at a 9/10. I can't relax. I can't go to the bathroom because my body won't relax. I'm too tensed to go. I need to go though.

I'm scared! It's like my body's in 100% "fight or flight"-mode 24/7. The adrenaline's pumping constantly. Help!

[in...]

2 months out!

So for the first time in a long time I'm having trouble sleeping! I usually fall asleep around midnight. It's now 01:30 and I'm still up! What to do?!

Same thing is still going on. I'm having trouble sleeping. It's 02:09 over here in Sweden! Thoughts?

2 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Yeah this is what i got after my accute phase. Insomnia came..

At least I slept for 4-5 hours. It's far from perfect but it's better than nothing I guess... Woke up feeling so wired!! I've been up for an hour. Extremely tensed jaws, sweating and I can't go to the bathroom even though I need to go... I don't know if I'm going to make it out of this alive...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

At least I slept for 4-5 hours. It's far from perfect but it's better than nothing I guess... Woke up feeling so wired!! I've been up for an hour. Extremely tensed jaws, sweating and I can't go to the bathroom even though I need to go... I don't know if I'm going to make it out of this alive...

Sure you will. Thinking not is just a symptom..

Thanks for the kind words @[PE...], but I've never been this scared in my entire life. I've always felt like "oh this might be tough, but I'll make it. I always have"

This time I really don't know... All I know is I'm so, so scared! This is something new... I don't know what to do!

Thanks for the kind words @[PE...], but I've never been this scared in my entire life. I've always felt like "oh this might be tough, but I'll make it. I always have"

This time I really don't know... All I know is I'm so, so scared! This is something new... I don't know what to do!

I just pm:ed you.

Google "primal fear". And not the totally awesome band from 2000 😊

It's a feeling of fear for everything. It's colours every thought and feeling you have. It's pure nastyness but just a feeling. 

• Like 1

@[in...], i think there is little you can do about your state right now just try to somehow distract yourself and always remember it will pass. Everything you're experiencing now, including the overwhelming fear, is normal and brings no real threat. I remember exactly this idea helped me no end. When this torture is over, we should get stronger in all respects. This is something i'm also sure of. Stay here! For me, It always helps)  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

My body's acting so weird though. I can't relax! It's so scary!!

I know... It can feel just unbearable. I did have lots of weird and extremely painful body sensations. Believe it or not, it will pass.Sencerely feel for you!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Try some breathing exercises..it's boring but really works.

• Like 2

Hi. Can you see if rocking side to side (not forward/backward) helps calm you a bit? Jennifer Leigh suggested this - it's supposed to be soothing.

• Like 1

On 03/08/2024 at 12:15, [[i...] said:

Day 57 without Clonazepam.

I don't know what to do about the anxiety anymore. Things like "calm down", "breathe" and "take a couple of deep breaths" are not helping. I'm terrified right now!!

The anxiety levels are at a 9/10. I can't relax. I can't go to the bathroom because my body won't relax. I'm too tensed to go. I need to go though.

I'm scared! It's like my body's in 100% "fight or flight"-mode 24/7. The adrenaline's pumping constantly. Help!

Hello @[in...], I am so sorry you feel this way! 

How is your pulse? 
Your blood pressure? 
Are you still taking Bisoprolol and the blood pressure medication?

When I stopped my Parkinson’s medication Mirapexine CT, I was given a blood pressure medication Coversil, which increased my pulse so much, that I developed sinus tachycardia. It was scary. After I read in the leaflet about this side effect, I asked for a beta blokker Bisoprolol, which normalized my heart rate.

If I were you, I would check regularly my pulse and the side effects of the blood pressure medication and see if it might be causing tachycardia, which could be causing you great stress and anxiety. 

Edited by [Tr...]