Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy

[in...]

So I woke up with ZERO cortisol today. Going swimming in about an hour. I wish you all an awesome day! 🙏💯❤️

• Like 3

[in...]
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, [[i...] said:

I have no kids. I'm 35+. What keeps me busy? I guess exercising (swimming) is my thing right now. I'm thinking about the gym. I'm gonna wait though. Can't do it all at once. That's gonna end with me quitting it all lol.

How about you? @[vo...]

Edited by [in...]

[vo...]
2 hours ago, [[i...] said:

How about you? @[vo...]

Good morning @[in...]! Not sure what time of day it is for you... When I was on Xanax, I didn't have much of a life. In fact, I don't even remember most of it. My mind and life were on auto-pilot for all those years. Now that I have a second chance at life, I intend to live it to the fullest with the time I have left. I'm actively creating ways to fill my life with happiness. I refuse to let withdrawal take me down. I hardly talk about my w/d symptoms in this group because, while my approach might not work for everyone, it works for me. If I focus on my withdrawal symptoms, they will consume me. I'd rather ride the wave of withdrawal at least as much as my body allows me to and spend as much time as I can with family, go out to eat with friends, and plan to travel in the near future. These are all things I didn't do for years because people avoided me like the plague. I can't let that happen any longer. Life is too short.:balloon:

Spoiler

• Like 3

[in...]
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

Good morning @[in...]! Not sure what time of day it is for you... When I was on Xanax, I didn't have much of a life. In fact, I don't even remember most of it. My mind and life were on auto-pilot for all those years. Now that I have a second chance at life, I intend to live it to the fullest with the time I have left. I'm actively creating ways to fill my life with happiness. I refuse to let withdrawal take me down. I hardly talk about my w/d symptoms in this group because, while my approach might not work for everyone, it works for me. If I focus on my withdrawal symptoms, they will consume me. I'd rather ride the wave of withdrawal at least as much as my body allows me to and spend as much time as I can with family, go out to eat with friends, and plan to travel in the near future. These are all things I didn't do for years because people avoided me like the plague. I can't let that happen any longer. Life is too short.:balloon:

Reveal hidden contents

That's kind of my plan too. I've wasted so many years with alcohol and benzos. Now it's time to live! I wasted 20+ years.

I had fun. Good memories, but it's not living life the way it's supposed to be in my opinion.

So from now on I'm focusing on my health and I'm taking one day at a time. I'm trying not to stress about things. Just trying to learn to live in the present moment.

Oh, it's 12:28 PM over here hehe.

Edited by [in...]
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

[vo...]
46 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

That's kind of my plan too. I've wasted so many years with alcohol and benzos. Now it's time to live! I wasted 20+ years.

I had fun. Good memories, but it's not living life the way it's supposed to be in my opinion.

So from now on I'm focusing on my health and I'm taking one day at a time. I'm trying not to stress about things. Just trying to learn to live in the present moment.

Oh, it's 12:28 PM over here hehe.

I love your attitude!

• Love 1

[in...]
19 hours ago, [[v...] said:

@[in...] I meant to ask....do you have children/grandchildren? If so, how old, and also what keeps you busy with all this stuff we have going on? Of course I have no idea how old you are...lol. Also, I looked up cortisol - it made me remember that I had SAI at one point. It caused me to have little/no cortisol. I had to have injections to get rid of it. I should probably get retested for it.

What's SAI?

[vo...]
35 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

What's SAI?

Secondary addrenal insufficiency - it's where your pituitary glands don't produce enough cortisol so your body doesn't metabolize well

• Wow 1

[in...]
14 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

Secondary addrenal insufficiency - it's where your pituitary glands don't produce enough cortisol so your body doesn't metabolize well

Oh ok. It's amazing how many things can happen to the brain/body. I should be happy I'm in WD. So many people have it worse than me. 

So did you go swimming? What distance do you swim?

[vo...]
43 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Oh ok. It's amazing how many things can happen to the brain/body. I should be happy I'm in WD. So many people have it worse than me. 

So did you go swimming? What distance do you swim?

I agree, we should just count our blessings it's only w/d that were going through...I do aqua aerobics for an hour in the water. I took today off to rest my muscles (I do weight training too). I'll be back to do aqua aerobics again tomorrow! So you swim distance....what distance do you do? Anything in the water is so good for us!

• Like 1

[in...]
2 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

I agree, we should just count our blessings it's only w/d that were going through...I do aqua aerobics for an hour in the water. I took today off to rest my muscles (I do weight training too). I'll be back to do aqua aerobics again tomorrow! So you swim distance....what distance do you do? Anything in the water is so good for us!

I only do 500m. I started about a month ago so I'll work my way up!

• Like 1

[in...]
1 hour ago, [[F...] said:

Did someone say mom's 🍝 

Someone actually did 😂 Check page #1!

• Like 1

[in...]

Is anxiety supposed to be more intense when coming off benzos? I'm 48 days out.

[in...]
1 hour ago, [[i...] said:

Anyone?

[Fo...]
6 hours ago, [[i...] said:

It can be for a while.

[vo...]

I definitely think so and for myself, because my benzo was to treat my anxiety the only way I have to try (which isn't working all that well right now) is diet, exercise and deep breathing exercises. Sleep deprivation that many of us are going through doesn't help control our anxiety either.

• Like 1

[in...]
1 hour ago, [[v...] said:

I definitely think so and for myself, because my benzo was to treat my anxiety the only way I have to try (which isn't working all that well right now) is diet, exercise and deep breathing exercises. Sleep deprivation that many of us are going through doesn't help control our anxiety either.

Anxiety's a b*tch. I guess it will stick around for a while because of benzos.

My problem (as for many others) is I run from my feelings. I don't know how to handle them. I guess I'm afraid of the wounds that'll open if I face them head on... Thoughts?

• Like 1

[vo...]
6 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Anxiety's a b*tch. I guess it will stick around for a while because of benzos.

My problem (as for many others) is I run from my feelings. I don't know how to handle them. I guess I'm afraid of the wounds that'll open if I face them head on... Thoughts?

I haven't figured it out yet either. I tend to "trip over my words", meaning saying the wrong thing a lot of times and I don't process what people say to me as fast as I would like. I attribute these to heightened anxiety.

• Wow 1

[in...]
Just now, [[v...] said:

I haven't figured it out yet either. I tend to "trip over my words", meaning saying the wrong thing a lot of times and I don't process what people say to me as fast as I would like. I attribute these to heightened anxiety.

I promise you I'm the EXACT same way...

• Like 1

[in...]

Goooood morning fellow buddies! I hope y'all had a great night's sleep! 🙏

I'm going for breakfast and then swimming! Gotta burn off that cortisol! 💯

• Like 2

[in...]

So I'm 50 days out but I can't get rid of this constant feeling of stress in my body. I was ok until something like day 45. Now it feels like cortisol is flowing 24/7 and I can't figure out why! Is this normal? Do you guys have any tips on this? Thanks 🙏 

[fa...]
On 20/07/2024 at 04:10, [[B...] said:

@[in...]I m off benzos. I'm in a bad wave due to reducing anti depressants too quickly. Same symptoms. Not sure whether to try a higher dose to try and stabilize again. I was so much better before trying to drop the ADs., I could kick myself

Have you checked out Www.survivingantidepressants.org 

[re...]

You’re staying away from all mind-altering substances, right?  (Apologies that I haven’t read every post here, so I may have missed references to this.). For me that meant even coffee and tea—all caffeine.  I didn’t even take vitamin-B; in fact, the only supplement I dared to continue was calcium.  (Maybe I took turmeric for joint pain, I don’t remember.). I avoided cruciform vegetables, no less, which I had read somewhere could be, for some reason I no longer remember, bad for benzo recovery. This went for about nine months, after which I was able to start getting back to normal.  Meanwhile, exercise is good.  Meditation, if you can do it, is excellent, at least in my experience.  An eye-mask helped me to start sleeping better again—boosted natural melatonin production, I guess?  Fingers crossed for you!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[re...]

(My last post was directed to ineedtomakeit, but I now see from face234’s post that I should perhaps have been more careful, since I know not everyone can necessarily eschew all the psychoactive stuff.  In my case I think that made recovery much more possible, but everyone is different.)

[in...]

@[re...] Well I drink 1-2 cups of coffee per day. The second one usually gives me anxiety so I should skip it. I use snus (Swedish thing. Tobacco under the lip). I've tried to quit but I haven't succeeded yet. I've tried like five times. Other than that I'm clean, so to speak.