Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy

[in...]
13 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

I’m 6 weeks post last zopiclone so similar timeframe in a way. 
Six hours sleep and then just 15 mins of cortisol rush feels like heaven to me! I get interrupted sleep with anxiety and palpitations all through the night and often wake up confused with thoughts that aren’t my own. 

I would suggest you try deep breathing and counting and/or opening the curtains. Try to think of how you will feel when it is over. 

I got lucky with the 15 minutes of cortisol this morning though. It usually goes on for hours and hours.

[Bu...]

So sorry to hear that it usually goes on for hours for you. This struggle is so horrendous. The fact that it is unpredictable makes it harder. 

I hope that as more time elapses that this will get easier. 

living in a state of fear is so hard.

six weeks las felt like an eternity so far, but we must keep fighting and clinging on. 
I often try to imagine a time in the future when all this is a horrible nightmare 

best wishes to you 

• Love 1

[in...]
2 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

So sorry to hear that it usually goes on for hours for you. This struggle is so horrendous. The fact that it is unpredictable makes it harder. 

six weeks las felt like an eternity so far, but we must keep fighting and clinging on. 
I often try to imagine a time in the future when all this is a horrible nightmare 

best wishes to you 

I do the same thing. I try to visualize the future and how I'll wake up feeling calm. It will happen eventually. The cortisol rush stopped though. I'm waiting for the next one lol. I wish you a great day 🙏

[Bl...]

@[in...]I m off benzos. I'm in a bad wave due to reducing anti depressants too quickly. Same symptoms. Not sure whether to try a higher dose to try and stabilize again. I was so much better before trying to drop the ADs., I could kick myself

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

[Bu...]
2 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

I do the same thing. I try to visualize the future and how I'll wake up feeling calm. It will happen eventually. The cortisol rush stopped though. I'm waiting for the next one lol. I wish you a great day 🙏

I know what you mean about waiting for the next thing to happen . 
I’m now getting random tingling in my face and lips. Hoping the akathisia or muscle cramps from last night don’t return.

Like a rollercoaster of horrible symptoms 

good luck to you for the rest of the day

• Love 1

[in...]
50 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

@[in...]I m off benzos. I'm in a bad wave due to reducing anti depressants too quickly. Same symptoms. Not sure whether to try a higher dose to try and stabilize again. I was so much better before trying to drop the ADs., I could kick myself

Why'd you start tapering?

[Bl...]

I had this as an early symptom and it went away. Back now due to an attempt to withdraw AD to quickly 

[Bl...]

Started tapering because I felt better. Should have waited longer

• Like 1

[in...]
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Started tapering because I felt better. Should have waited longer

I wish AD's would work the same way for all of us! The way it is today it's a freakin' lottery. I've tried Escitalopram, Citalopram and... one more but they did nothing for me. I felt worse taking them actually.

Edited by [in...]

[Bl...]

They tried me on a lot but everything was paradoxical. Eventually they tried Clomiprimine which helped but not fully.

I had a lot of success with Paraoxetine in the past but I was drinking wine socially and I think that may have been part of the reason it stopped working. That and menopause complications.

What I'm experiencing is an uptick in symptoms especially Pots

https://www.standinguptopots.org/resources/medicine

Some useful info on here

• Sad 1

[in...]
2 hours ago, [[B...] said:

best wishes to you 

I've read a lot about people seeing major improvements between months 1-3. I'm 6 weeks out so I'm hoping something will happen soon! 🙏

[Bu...]
1 minute ago, [[i...] said:

I've read a lot about people seeing major improvements between months 1-3. I'm 6 weeks out so I'm hoping something will happen soon! 🙏

That’s good to know! :-)

[in...]
Posted (edited)

During WD there has been a bunch of symptoms popping up: Anxiety, head tension, muscle pain, heart pounding, hard to breath, racing mind etc. I know that I probably don't have any health problems other than the WD. Well asthma but that's it. High BP (because of WD).

Anyway: These symptoms just flare up my anxiety and hypochondriasis. And my anxiety makes the WD itself worse. 

I know things are the way they are supposed to be, but still I am nervous about it. Any suggestion to solve this bad cycle?

Edited by [in...]
  • Like 1

[vo...]

@[in...] In my own opinion, distraction is the #1 thing you can do. It may be different for others, but I discovered this several months ago. Find anything that interests you to distract you. For me, it's exercise. My symptoms lessen when I do. Not so much on the treadmill, but I can handle them. More so in the pool exercising - they pretty much disappear. They slowly increase afterwards. I see you have anxiety, which pretty much caused many (not all) of us to use benzos. Anything, anything at all that causes me anxiety will ramp up my symptoms to 100%, so I have to avoid and redirect my attention. I haven't learned how to handle my anxiety without medication yet, but I'm working on it. It sounds like you and I are going through a lot of the same symptoms right now, but this too, will pass - in time :balloon:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[in...]
9 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

@[in...] In my own opinion, distraction is the #1 thing you can do. It may be different for others, but I discovered this several months ago. Find anything that interests you to distract you. For me, it's exercise. My symptoms lessen when I do. Not so much on the treadmill, but I can handle them. More so in the pool exercising - they pretty much disappear. They slowly increase afterwards. I see you have anxiety, which pretty much caused many (not all) of us to use benzos. Anything, anything at all that causes me anxiety will ramp up my symptoms to 100%, so I have to avoid and redirect my attention. I haven't learned how to handle my anxiety without medication yet, but I'm working on it. It sounds like you and I are going through a lot of the same symptoms right now, but this too, will pass - in time :balloon:

I just haven't found anything that can distract me yet!

[vo...]
12 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

I just haven't found anything that can distract me yet!

@[in...]What are your favorite things to do?

[in...]
35 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

@[in...]What are your favorite things to do?

Exercising I guess, but my friends are all too lazy to do it and I don't enjoy going alone. Especially not during WD.

[PE...]
21 hours ago, [[i...] said:

I do feel better during late nights, yes! Why?

Almost all do! The theory is that morning's comes with cortisol rushes. 

Edited by [PE...]
  • Like 1

[in...]

I feel so lonely in this WD. I have no one to talk to. Especially during evenings/nights! So I start overthinking things. Constantly analyzing. How do you guys handle these types of things?

• Sad 1

[in...]

So I keep pressing teeth during daytime from all the stress because of WD. Any suggestions on how to quit doing it? It just happens automatically since I'm so used to it. So I keep telling myself that I don't want to do it anymore. Still it just happens.

Somebody said something about switching from pressing to doing something else. I just don't know what to do instead. Anyone?

[WU...]
9 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

So I keep pressing teeth during daytime from all the stress because of WD. Any suggestions on how to quit doing it?

I chew gum most of the day

• Like 1

[in...]
45 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

I chew gum most of the day

Chewing gum will make my jaws even more exhausted.

[WU...]
37 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Chewing gum will make my jaws even more exhausted.

The jaw muscles are some of the most powerful muscles in the body, I doubt a bit of chewing gum is going to exhaust them ! I chew very slowly, just gives the muscles something else to do other than be rigid with tension. I also try making a point of smiling and holding the pose, just to have another expression other than misery on the face. I probably look like a ventriloquist's dummy doing this! I suffer really badly from facial, head, neck tension, unbelievable how strong these muscles are now that they are contracted without the diazepam.  

[in...]
2 hours ago, [[i...] said:

So I keep pressing teeth during daytime from all the stress because of WD. Any suggestions on how to quit doing it? It just happens automatically since I'm so used to it. So I keep telling myself that I don't want to do it anymore. Still it just happens.

Somebody said something about switching from pressing to doing something else. I just don't know what to do instead.

Anyone else? ☝️🙏

[Al...]

The only thing I can think of is wearing a mouthguard.

From ChatGPT

Here’s how a mouthguard can help:

1. Protecting Teeth: A mouthguard creates a barrier between your upper and lower teeth, preventing them from grinding against each other. This protection can reduce the damage to your teeth caused by bruxism.

2. Reducing Muscle Tension: Wearing a mouthguard during the day may help to relax the jaw muscles and reduce the intensity of clenching and grinding. By providing a cushioning effect, it can alleviate some of the strain on the jaw muscles.

3. Increasing Awareness: The physical presence of a mouthguard can make you more aware of your clenching and grinding habits during the day. This increased awareness can sometimes help you consciously control or reduce the habit.

• Like 1