Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy

@[in...], please! Don't get desperate and don't doubt that you're doing the right thing 🙏🏻 You absolutely are. It's just one of those moments that come for a while and then always go. The further, the fewer of them. It's true!

• Like 2

@[in...], i believe you. I just know it for myself. 

Believe in your body! It's wiser than us and will always do the right thing. It will always do what it really needs. Right now smth in your system is intensively healing and that's why you feel all the stress too much. I'm sure!

• Like 1

I think I've asked about this before. Here it comes again haha: 

Do you guys have any tips about tensed jaws/pressing teeth? (except mouth guards)

Day 136.

I think I slept for about 8 hours last night and I woke up feeling rested. This hasn't happened in a long time. Anyway...

I keep feeling really good during late nights. I find myself talking to people without any problems or hesitation.

Then comes the morning. Cortisol rushes for no apparent reason, and the feeling of stress pops up out of nowhere.

The late nights give me hope though. If I can feel that good during night time it simply means I can heal. I think... I hope 😊

Edited by [in...]
  • Like 1

I'm turning 40 tomorrow.

I'm nervous because people will want to take me out for food and so on. I can't handle being around too much people. 

What do I do about this? I'm thankful and all that, but... You all know about these things...

Tips/thoughts?

20 hours ago, [[i...] said:

I think I've asked about this before. Here it comes again haha: 

Do you guys have any tips about tensed jaws/pressing teeth? (except mouth guards)

I had DJS and since then some of my jaw is numb..so it feels like "good" in a weird way to press my teeth together, I guess because it's giving it some kind of sensation/feeling. My surgeon suggested that I just become more mindful of it...ehh that works now and then but not really.

What really fixed it for me was when I thought I had cavities...turns out they were sensitive teeth, VERY sensitive, anyway...that's when it started to hurt when I'd press my teeth together, so I stopped.

Start of day 137 without benzos. Today is also my 40th birthday. 

I don't want to be the "boring guy", but I woke up accompanied by an intensed cortisol rush so I'm trying to avoid people haha! As usual: I don't know how to relax. I'm going to try one of those more simple breathing exercises.

I wish you all a great day! Peace and love 💯🙏😊

• Like 1

Happy Birthday, @[in...]:balloon: Withdrawal or not, it's a call for celebration, although not too loud yet, and good wishes!

I'm sure this day next year, full of calmness and health swimming in a friendly ocean or hiking in the Himalayas with friends or whatever, you'll look back at today in amazement and owe of your own strength, clever reasoning and determination! I just can see it and if i see, it comes true🙂

• Like 2

8 hours ago, [[i...] said:

Start of day 137 without benzos. Today is also my 40th birthday. 

I don't want to be the "boring guy", but I woke up accompanied by an intensed cortisol rush so I'm trying to avoid people haha! As usual: I don't know how to relax. I'm going to try one of those more simple breathing exercises.

I wish you all a great day! Peace and love 💯🙏😊

Happy birthday mate. Hows your day been?

• Love 1

Just now, [[j...] said:

Happy birthday mate. Hows your day been?

Yoo Jon! Thank you so much man! How you been bruh?

It's been a calm and quiet one. Went for a swim and ate some good food 🙏

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Yoo Jon! Thank you so much man! How you been bruh?

It's been a calm and quiet one. Went for a swim and ate some good food 🙏

Good stuff! I've gotta lot of fatigue last couple of days i nearly passed out on the street this morning :sick: Hoping it will pass as I've never had it before. Might be a bug as I'm congested etc. Any plans for the rest of the day or just take it easy? 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Good stuff! I've gotta lot of fatigue last couple of days i nearly passed out on the street this morning :sick: Hoping it will pass as I've never had it before. Might be a bug as I'm congested etc. Any plans for the rest of the day or just take it easy? 

I'm just taking it easy. Laying in bed just surfing the web. Trying to relax. I've moved so much today my back's killing me! Thinking about going for a short walk later maybe! 😀

• Like 3

1 minute ago, [[i...] said:

I'm just taking it easy. Laying in bed just surfing the web. Trying to relax. I've moved so much today my back's killing me! Thinking about going for a short walk later maybe! 😀

Best way I think.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [[i...] said:

You're amazing with being positive from the start in this. I know it's how you deal with stuff I'm kinda the same.. 

Just keep on brother. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

You're amazing with being positive from the start in this. I know it's how you deal with stuff I'm kinda the same.. 

Just keep on brother. 

The secret in my method is simple, and it goes a little sum' like this: If I build myself a solid foundation (with exercise and healthy habits) that means I'll be prepared and just keep going once I'll start healing for real! @[PE...]

• Love 1

1 hour ago, [[R...] said:

I hope I am not late for the celebration:)

I wish you a very Happy Birthday @[in...]:mybuddy: we are so lucky to have you! You've spent your day just the perfect way :D 

Heeeey @[Re...] Thank you 🙏 My birthday will be over in about 1h 50m haha! 

• Like 2

On 21/10/2024 at 01:07, [[i...] said:

Day 136.

I think I slept for about 8 hours last night and I woke up feeling rested. This hasn't happened in a long time. Anyway...

I keep feeling really good during late nights. I find myself talking to people without any problems or hesitation.

Then comes the morning. Cortisol rushes for no apparent reason, and the feeling of stress pops up out of nowhere.

The late nights give me hope though. If I can feel that good during night time it simply means I can heal. I think... I hope 😊

@[in...]Hey, glad to hear you’re seeing some improvement. I’d take that as a good sign. I’m happy for you. Hopefully mine‘s coming soon as well. I’ve been dealing with a nasty stomach caused by my head for the last three weeks horrible nausea, but I ain’t given in gonna beat this benzo sickness no matter what I’ll keep you in my prayers. Stay the course don’t give in.

Edited by [Sw...]
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, [[R...] said:

I hope I am not late for the celebration:)

I wish you a very Happy Birthday @[in...]:mybuddy: we are so lucky to have you! You've spent your day just the perfect way :D 

Chiming in happy birthday

Just now, [[S...] said:

Hey, glad to hear you’re seeing some improvement. I’d take that as a good sign. I’m happy for you. Hopefully mine‘s coming soon as well. I’ve been dealing with a nasty stomach caused by my head for the last three weeks horrible nausea, but I ain’t given in gonna beat this benzo sickness no matter what I’ll keep you in my prayers. Stay the course don’t give in.

Hi @[Sw...]!

I had that nassua the whole last year and got helped a bit with lots of ginger! I always saw to have a big chunk and started the day with it.. nassua wad always worst in the mornings..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Chiming in happy birthday

Hi @[Sw...]!

I had that nassua the whole last year and got helped a bit with lots of ginger! I always saw to have a big chunk and started the day with it.. nassua wad always worst in the mornings..

@[PE...]yeah I heard ginger could help only problem is it appears that my head is causing most of it not the stomach so I’m not having much luck with any remedies at this point, just gutting it out hopefully it’ll go away before too long yeah it’s definitely the worst 3 AM to 12 PM for me i’m almost 4 months off at the end of this month with not much improvement hoping I’ll turn a corner soon. thanks for the tip so may I ask when did you turn a corner after jumping what month?