Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy

2 hours ago, [[i...] said:

Do you still suffer from it?

Yes, i do but not everyday and the strangest thing is the pain and tension don't prevent me from any physical activity. Right now, i'm going home after inline skating. Managed not to crash as it happened the previous time:)

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I finally got me a new pair of shoes. Cost me about 2200 Swedish kronor which is about 220€ (!). I never paid more than 100-110€ for shoes in my life. I also signed up at the gym yesterday. I'm starting slow this time around though. I'm not taking any chances.

• Like 2

Day 126 without benzos.

Cortisol rushes are back. I get them every morning. This feeling of extreme stress is... I don't know.... All I know is I'm really scared... I really don't know if I'm going to make it... Everyone has their limits and it feels like I've reached mine! Help...

Day 128 without Clonazepam.

I need some encouragement. I'm really trying to stick with a positive mindset here, but sometimes I just get fed up with all this... I'm eating. Sleep is ok. As you do know I do exercise, but still it feels like this nightmare will never end... Anyone?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Day 128 without Clonazepam.

I need some encouragement. I'm really trying to stick with a positive mindset here, but sometimes I just get fed up with all this... I'm eating. Sleep is ok. As you do know I do exercise, but still it feels like this nightmare will never end... Anyone?

I think you doing a super mega good job being positive while having a tough time..

I hope gym will have as great effect it had/has on me..

🇫🇮

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I think you doing a super mega good job being positive while having a tough time..

I hope gym will have as great effect it had/has on me..

🇫🇮

Thanks bruh! I'm going to start slow. Hopefully I'll feel better in a month or two 💯🙏

• Love 1

Just now, [[i...] said:

Thanks bruh! I'm going to start slow. Hopefully I'll feel better in a month or two 💯🙏

It sucks it such a slow process It's hard to see any day to day changes..

13 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

It sucks it such a slow process It's hard to see any day to day changes..

That's so true. That's why I started a progress log here on BB today!

• Like 1

It seems I can't stop pressing my teeth during daytime. I've tried a mouth guard, but it only makes me more stressed out. Any tips/thoughts? Is this happening because of benzos?

Edited by [in...]

11 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

It seems I can't stop pressing my teeth during daytime. I've tried a mouth guard, but it only makes me more stressed out. Any tips/thoughts? Is this happening because of benzos?

Yes i had a tight jaw with grinding teeth for a long time..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, [[i...] said:

Anyone else? Thanks 🙏 

1 hour ago, [[i...] said:

Anyone else? Thanks 🙏 

Yeah I have had it as well since I’ve been off.now day 116

Edited by [Sw...]

1 minute ago, [[S...] said:

Yeah I have had it as well since I’ve been off now day 115

Did you have it any time before benzos?

1 minute ago, [[i...] said:

Did you have it any time before benzos?

No definitely did not have it before benzos. It is definitely a benzo withdrawal symptom.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, [[S...] said:

No definitely did not have it before benzos. It is definitely a benzo withdrawal symptom.

Feels kind of good to know that this is benzo related. I thought I was going crazy for a while 😅

• Like 1

I'm sitting around thinking about these tensed jaws. Thinking about it my face muscles are tensed at all times. The only time I relax is by accident. If something/someone distracts me with whatever I forget that I'm tensed, and it's like a weight lifts from my shoulders.

Do you guys recognize this?

20 hours ago, [[i...] said:

I'm sitting around thinking about these tensed jaws. Thinking about it my face muscles are tensed at all times. The only time I relax is by accident. If something/someone distracts me with whatever I forget that I'm tensed, and it's like a weight lifts from my shoulders.

Do you guys recognize this?

Anyone? ☝️😊

1 hour ago, [[i...] said:

Anyone? ☝️😊

Yeah, tension headache is what you have it’s the muscles in your face and around your head that are tensioning up because you’ve taken the benzo away and it’s a muscle relaxant. It pulls from the back of your head to the front. This is what I’ve had to the whole time. Specially down the neck as well probably one of the top five symptoms.

Edited by [Sw...]
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, [[S...] said:

Yeah, tension headache is what you have it’s the muscles in your face and around your head that are tensioning up because you’ve taken the benzo away and it’s a muscle relaxant. It pulls from the back of your head to the front. This is what I’ve had to the whole time. Specially down the neck as well probably one of the top five symptoms.

Did you have this before benzos?

Start of day 133 (4+ months) without benzos. I've come to realize something lately:

The trickiest part about WD is not staying away from the pills or whatever. No. That's the easy part. For me it's about having to remind myself that "This is STILL withdrawal, and no! There's nothing wrong! Things are exactly the way they're supposed to be!".

I mean... I quit smoking and drinking about 3-4 years ago, for example.

Quitting took about a week and I felt better instantly. Sometimes it's hard to think about this thing with benzos taking months and maybe a year. I had to learn the hard way I guess. I'm determined to keep going though. I didn't come this far just to give up!

I wish you a good day and a great weekend! 💯❤️

• Like 2

4 hours ago, [[i...] said:

Start of day 133 (4+ months) without benzos. I've come to realize something lately:

The trickiest part about WD is not staying away from the pills or whatever. No. That's the easy part. For me it's about having to remind myself that "This is STILL withdrawal, and no! There's nothing wrong! Things are exactly the way they're supposed to be!".

I mean... I quit smoking and drinking about 3-4 years ago, for example.

Quitting took about a week and I felt better instantly. Sometimes it's hard to think about this thing with benzos taking months and maybe a year. I had to learn the hard way I guess. I'm determined to keep going though. I didn't come this far just to give up!

I wish you a good day and a great weekend! 💯❤️

I'm a recovering alcoholic and this was my experience.  I had no desire to take another Klonopin and for someone with addiction issues, this is huge and tells me just how bad these pills are.  Scared straight! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I'm a recovering alcoholic and this was my experience.  I had no desire to take another Klonopin and for someone with addiction issues, this is huge and tells me just how bad these pills are.  Scared straight! 

@[Pa...] It's not worth it taking them in the long run. It's just that simple.

Edited by [in...]
  • Like 2

Start of day 135 without benzos.

For the first time in a long time I'm having trouble falling asleep. It's 03:05 here and I'm wide awake. Hopefully this is a one time thing. I hope the rest of you all are having a great night 😊

Intense cortisol rush first thing in the morning?

I'm going to be honest here. I'm 135 days out, yes, but not one of those days have gone by without me thinking about benzos. I'm desperately trying to convince myself that: "It's totally worth it to be without them!", but I'm lying to myself.

I actually feel super stressed out and lost without benzos. My stress levels have gotten so high I'm even having problems going to the bathroom. I can't relax, so I can't go. IF something distracts me temporarily I might be able to relax for 10 seconds before I'm back to tensed again. My heart is racing and my jaws are soooo tensed. All I can hear every minute of the day is this -biiiiiiiip-sound because of me pressing my teeth. I'm actually getting scared here...

The body can only take so much stress......