Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy

@[in...], i really love your going about this process. One thing i've noticed and feel it turning out to be true is that we often feel all the pain way harder during withdrawal, perhaps, due to our nervous system being too oversensitive then. It was the case with me for sure. I do hope and believe your back pain will improve as the healing goes.

Please, keep walking, swimming and updating us on your progress!)

• Like 2

I'm back from swimming once again! I swam 600m for 2 days now instead of the usual 500m. My stamina must be improving big time because I didn't even think about how fast I was going, and I still managed to get close to my personal record. I'm going for a 30 minute powerwalk in the afternoon/evening too!

The exercise is starting to motivate me more and more now that I can feel myself getting stronger! I'm recommending swimming to everyone who wants to get in shape. It's totally worth it! I wish you a good day 💯🙏 Peace ✌️ 

• Like 1

Day 119 without benzos.

For the first time since quitting this poison called Clonazepam I'm actually starting to feel real hope! I noticed recently that I've started questioning my negative thoughts. "Are they real/relevant/needed?" and so on. In this moment, right now, I'm happy. I might be back feeling like sh*t tomorrow, but for now I'm enjoying the moment! I wish y'all a great Friday... Peace and love... 🙏

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

I'm back to feeling worse again. I was hoping I could've gotten a little piece of a window for a couple of days, but no. 

I'm actually feeling worse than I did a couple of days ago... I can't take it anymore...

Edited by [in...]

5 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

I'm back to feeling worse again. I was hoping I could've gotten a little piece of a window for a couple of days, but no. 

I'm actually feeling worse than I did a couple of days ago... I can't take it anymore...

Hang tight. ❤️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[j...] said:

Are you still excercising, swimming etc.?

Well I was, until yesterday. My legs are being torn apart because apparently I'm using the wrong type of shoes for powerwalking. I want to keep going, but I can't because of the pain in my shins.

I need new shoes for walking on asphalt, but I don't know what to look for. I'm way too much of a mess to go to a store looking for a pair. I don't know what to do...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[i...] said:

Well I was, until yesterday. My legs are being torn apart because apparently I'm using the wrong type of shoes for powerwalking. I want to keep going, but I can't because of the pain in my shins.

I need new shoes for walking on asphalt, but I don't know what to look for. I'm way too much of a mess to go to a store looking for a pair. I don't know what to do...

Sometimes to much excercise can increase symptoms. Not for everyone but for some. I get waves if I excercise to much which I hate because I would love to be able to excercise more. Maybe rest for a week or two if your not feeling good see if it makes a difference. If it makes no difference then at least you know that excercise isn't a problem.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Sometimes to much excercise can increase symptoms. Not for everyone but for some. I get waves if I excercise to much which I hate because I would love to be able to excercise more. Maybe rest for a week or two if your not feeling good see if it makes a difference. If it makes no difference then at least you know that excercise isn't a problem.

I've tried this already. I felt worse when I was resting!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [[j...] said:

Maybe rest for a week or two if your not feeling good see if it makes a difference.

I agree. Rest right now 

8 hours ago, [[K...] said:

I agree. Rest right now 

Copy and paste: I've tried this already. I felt worse when I was resting!

So I'm out looking for shoes. Sweat is pouring and my heart's racing. I can't relax. I'm trying to force myself to do this. This is by far the most exhausting thing I've tried since quitting benzos. Oh my god... Wish me luck 😂

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I went back and read when you first started @[in...], and it's a rough journey for you, more than rough, but here you are, out looking for shoes.  For me, after just a short time of not doing what I used to be able to do, getting back to it is hard.  I've healed a lot, even though I am still tapering, I've gotten better along the way.  I don't know what it will be like to be off the benzo completely, but I'm betting if you look back, you will see you were stronger than you knew you were.  And you will continue to feel stronger, putting one foot in front of the other, but resting when you know you need to.

I hope you'll continue to share with us all, I know I need the encouragement, oregonlady ~ denise :hug:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, [[i...] said:

I had my calves get actual pain in the muscles last Monday.  It scared me but I made it home.  I'd done 1/2 hour uphill, steep grade, and going up was fine.  But when I turned around to walk back all downhill for 1/2 hour, I actually had to slow way down, and probably looked like I was hundred years old coming down the hill.  This wasn't "the burn", and not a cramp, it felt like my muscles were coming loose in both legs.

I learned a lesson for sure, because I've been "lifting" at the gym, and then doing uphill walks/hikes, but I bit of overkill.  I'm just tapering, but still, I think I can relate.  I am betting these shoes need to be replaced for one thing, but also after a week off of anything like the hike, or actually weight bearing, I walked the hill again with no problem.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, [[o...] said:

I went back and read when you first started @[in...], and it's a rough journey for you, more than rough, but here you are, out looking for shoes.  For me, after just a short time of not doing what I used to be able to do, getting back to it is hard.  I've healed a lot, even though I am still tapering, I've gotten better along the way.  I don't know what it will be like to be off the benzo completely, but I'm betting if you look back, you will see you were stronger than you knew you were.  And you will continue to feel stronger, putting one foot in front of the other, but resting when you know you need to.

I hope you'll continue to share with us all, I know I need the encouragement, oregonlady ~ denise :hug:

I have come a long way since I quit. It's just patience isn't really my thing though. Baby steps is what I need to learn. One day at a time. We'll all come out stronger on the other side eventually! 💯🙏

• Like 1

7 hours ago, [[i...] said:

It's just patience isn't really my thing though

Start saying patience is your thing. You have got to recreate yourself. 

On 06/10/2024 at 10:09, [[D...] said:

Congrat!  I remember when you write your First post about one week of :)

Thank you.

Ok. I'm desperate here!! My doctor told me that the pain in my back is a muscular thing, and that I should keep exercising. The thing is: The pain keeps getting worse. WAY worse. I can barely touch my muscles without having the feeling of them burning up. Scale of pain (1-100. 100 being broken back-pain): 85, maybe. I can't function because of this. I suffer every minute of the day because of this! 

Some say this is because of benzo withdrawal. Could this be true?! If it is: How can I be in this insane amount of pain because of a pill?? Thanks guys 💯❤️🙏

26 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Ok. I'm desperate here!! My doctor told me that the pain in my back is a muscular thing, and that I should keep exercising. The thing is: The pain keeps getting worse. WAY worse. I can barely touch my muscles without having the feeling of them burning up. Scale of pain (1-100. 100 being broken back-pain): 85, maybe. I can't function because of this. I suffer every minute of the day because of this! 

Some say this is because of benzo withdrawal. Could this be true?! If it is: How can I be in this insane amount of pain because of a pill?? Thanks guys 💯❤️🙏

Nice to see an update my friend. But you had back pain before the wd did you not?

If it's a muscle thing you should try to move as much as the pain let you. That's kinda good news that it's muscles..

My back is good now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[i...] said:

I suffer every minute of the day because of this! 

Some say this is because of benzo withdrawal. Could this be true?! If it is: How can I be in this insane amount of pain because of a pill??

Yep, me too, except it is my neck, head and face muscles. Excruciating ! The muscles have got used to the pills and have to learn how to relax without them. But its not really the muscles, it is the brain signalling gone wrong so actually not sure exercising is going to help, though definitely need to keep moving anyway so we don't seize up altogether. Its horrible. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, [[i...] said:

For me, it's absolutely true. I mean such insane amount of muscle pain caused by withdrawal. 

To be optimistic, far from everyone usually suffers from it for too long. Hope you're one of the majority.

• Love 1