Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy

4 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Ahh ok.. but the brain keeps the memory of when it worked right? Sometimes the brain is stupid..

The only stupid thing it made me do was starting benzos 🤣 I really need to work on my jokes 😎 

52 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

The only stupid thing it made me do was starting benzos 🤣 I really need to work on my jokes 😎 

Lol yeah the peak of stupidity for sure.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I think it can be harder to quit while benzos actually still doing anything for you.. 

Maybe this is true. I had insomnia last year on benzo now i sleep much better off. But did have insomnia in First couple months off. But it was diferent kind of insomnia😂

Speaking of insomnia. I slept for about 4-ish hours last night. It's now midnight and I still can't sleep. I've been very tired all day, but here I am! 🙃

This not being able to sleep is getting worse. It's 03:00 in the morning and I'm still up. I'm trying to relax but nothing happens. Help!

1 hour ago, [[D...] said:

Maybe to try melatonin?

It does nothing for me.

• Like 1

I'm closing in on 3 months of healing. 

When does the muscle tension start fading away? As usual, I know it's hard to say. Any feedback is good feedback! I wish you all a great day 💯❤️🙏

On 29/08/2024 at 02:59, [[i...] said:

This not being able to sleep is getting worse. It's 03:00 in the morning and I'm still up. I'm trying to relax but nothing happens. Help!

I have insomnia atm to. Feel like a zombie..

• Sad 1

I didn't sleep at all last night. I've had some nights like that since I started cutting mirt. I've been looking for unisom, benadryl etc at the local pharmacy but they dont sell much like that.

• Like 2

I know some people suffer from tension headaches, but is it like a really common thing? It's draining me out of all my energy all day long, every day!

I have a sugestion for you insomnia boys. And i know you wont like it😂

but it really help. 
you can try sleeping mask. 😎
i started using it while i was traveling during wd And still had sleep problem especially if i didnt had black shades in room or wasnt alone.
 And now i am so used to it that i use it every night And have diferent colors And materijala 🤪

So today I wanted to order new model so i started reading on internet is it really good to sleep with it And it turn out it is. It help with melatonin produce And its good for anxiety. 
So why not 💪

• Like 2

And you can find model for boys 🤘

no need to sleep in leopard pink print if you don’t find it comfy 🤘 (But it could Kinđa be sexy🤪)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, [[i...] said:

I know some people suffer from tension headaches, but is it like a really common thing? It's draining me out of all my energy all day long, every day!

Anyone? ☝️🙏

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Did you suffer headaches before this?

I can't remember to be honest! Maybe I had some headache, but nothing close to this!

Edited by [in...]

I found this in the Ashton manual and I'd noticed it myself when talking to members so I wondered if it was true in your case. 

Table 1 gives a list of symptoms which were spontaneously described by patients in my withdrawal clinic. It is clearly a long list and is probably not inclusive. Of course, not all patients get all the symptoms, and none of the symptoms are inevitable. Withdrawal often seems to seek out the individual's most vulnerable points: if he is prone to headaches, worse headaches may feature in withdrawal; if he is prone to "irritable bowel", digestive symptoms may be aggravated. Such symptoms are nearly always temporary and can be minimised. They are less frightening and seem less important or bizarre if their cause is understood. Furthermore, patients can learn techniques to alleviate or control many of the symptoms: there is a lot they can do to help themselves.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

☝️All I know is WD has got me stressed out, and I believe that's where the headaches come from! @[Pa...]

Edited by [in...]

2 hours ago, [[D...] said:

I have a sugestion for you insomnia boys. And i know you wont like it😂

but it really help. 
you can try sleeping mask. 😎
i started using it while i was traveling during wd And still had sleep problem especially if i didnt had black shades in room or wasnt alone.
 And now i am so used to it that i use it every night And have diferent colors And materijala 🤪

So today I wanted to order new model so i started reading on internet is it really good to sleep with it And it turn out it is. It help with melatonin produce And its good for anxiety. 
So why not 💪

I was looking at one the other day! I already use ear plugs, it gets dead quite. So total darkness is the next step for sure 😁😆😊

• Like 2

Maybe it will be strange in begining but when you get used to it helps!

my friend recomended, it should he soft, enough big not to put presure on head but not to fall out. To feel comfy. My First one wasnt comfy but it did helped with sleep. 

• Love 1

10 hours ago, [[i...] said:

Anyone? ☝️🙏

I think it's quite common since i pay special attention to this particular symptom and can see lots of ppl suffering from tension headaches while recovering after benzo/ its withdrawal.

Really terribly sorry🥺 for you. I hate this symptom most of all! Certainly, the time gap for it to subside varies for different ppl. I do hope&believe it won't take you long to start feeling a relief. For me, it took pretty long but it's been my worst and longest nightmare since tolerance and, anyway, i do feel noticeably better in this regard now and it comes far from everyday. Healing to you and NO headaches!)

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

@[...] Yeah it's the thing that bothers me the most by far!! I couldn't care less about the restlessness, the racing thoughts/heart, social anxiety, sweating, paranoia, cortisol and overthinking. I just want these tensed muscles to relax!

Edited by [in...]
  • Like 1

Day 85 without Clonazepam. I actually woke up well rested after about 7-8 hours of sleep! I was starting to get worried because I slept so poorly during this past week. I really needed this! I wish you a great day 🫡💯❤️

• Like 2
  • Love 2