Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy

4 hours ago, [[i...] said:

Day 78 without Clonazepam.

So I cried for first time in years this morning. It felt kind of good. I did hold back but I felt somewhat better afterwards. Maybe I'll learn to get it all out in the future? I'm not used to these kinds of emotions, you know?

This must be a sign of healing right? I hope you all are having a great night 💯❤️🙏

This is terrific news @[in...], I couldn't cry when I was recovering, except for one time and I felt so good after, like a release.  I kept trying to make myself cry again but couldn't until I recovered, its so weird how some members cry all the time and they're miserable and I couldn't cry and was miserable.  This process is so messed up!:brickwall:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, [[P...] said:

It's like the total opposite to being angry. I always feel like shit after..

True!

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Hi!

He stopped taking benzos like 3 months ago..

My brain hurts reading your answer 😆😊

I felt the exact same thing! My brain hurts! It's like: "I appreciate your post, but I'm not interested in the rocket science of this thing" 😅

Edited by [in...]
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, [[P...] said:

This is terrific news @[in...], I couldn't cry when I was recovering, except for one time and I felt so good after, like a release.  I kept trying to make myself cry again but couldn't until I recovered, its so weird how some members cry all the time and they're miserable and I couldn't cry and was miserable.  This process is so messed up!:brickwall:

I totally agree! It's so unique from person to person! Anyway. It felt good and I hope it'll happen again!

On 24/08/2024 at 02:14, [[F...] said:

@[in...]  No, I'm doing a cut and hold.  It's been a rough road, so highly symptomatic.

I wish you quick healing! Keep pushing! You'll be ok in the end 💯🔥

Day 79 without Clonazepam. I woke up well rested after about 7 hours of sleep! My back's killing me as usual, but at least I woke up without a cortisol rush! How are you all doing? 

I need coffee... Good morning y'all! 💯🔥

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Another beautiful day in paradise 🍀🤘

I'm getting there! I wish you a great day madam 😎

• Like 2

Is it common to get anxiety attacks because you can't sleep? I mean when you get too tired?

It's likely that the high levels of acetylcholine which the benzodiazepines have induced are both raising your anxiety levels and disrupting your sleep patterns. I wish that I had known back when I had my worst withdrawal symptoms how many things there are which can be done to try to lower those levels. There are lots of things which can be tried though the best advice that I have found is all on commercial websites so I don't know if it's appropriate to share such links here.

8 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Is it common to get anxiety attacks because you can't sleep? I mean when you get too tired?

Anyone else? 💯🙏

7 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

It's likely that the high levels of acetylcholine which the benzodiazepines have induced are both raising your anxiety levels and disrupting your sleep patterns. I wish that I had known back when I had my worst withdrawal symptoms how many things there are which can be done to try to lower those levels. There are lots of things which can be tried though the best advice that I have found is all on commercial websites so I don't know if it's appropriate to share such links here.

I don't want to be rude. I'll try to keep this clean and polite: I'm not interested in acetyklohridbenzhydrosuperhydrolhine. I'm looking for advice on everyday stuff in simple English. I hope you understand! I wish you a great night bud! Take care 💯😊

• Like 1

I'm not prone to anxiety, well, except when I was taking and stopping Klonopin and Ambien but it makes sense that being tired could leave you vulnerable to all sorts of symptoms. Not getting enough sleep is miserable and makes everything worse!

Have you been able to swim lately?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I'm not prone to anxiety, well, except when I was taking and stopping Klonopin and Ambien but it makes sense that being tired could leave you vulnerable to all sorts of symptoms. Not getting enough sleep is miserable and makes everything worse!

Actually I just got back from swimming like an hour ago. It feels so good to go there, even though cortisol is always in the background!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Thinking straight goes flying out the window when I don't get enough sleep, yes. Anxiety is 100% worse if I don't get any deep sleep.

Edited by [in...]

Trouble sleeping (again).

I'm awake in bed thinking about the future and a life without benzos. Of course it's better to be without them, but I have to say life feels empty and boring though. I don't know how to handle these thoughts... Anyone else?

How long does this insomnia last for? I guess it's hard to say! I've read about people being sleepless for days and even weeks. Why do people react like this in withdrawal? I'm guessing it's a common problem. I wish you a great day 🙌💯🙏

I had days with zero sleep And aka. But now i sleep good so don’t worry it will pass! 
how much did you sleep last night?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [[D...] said:

I had days with zero sleep And aka. But now i sleep good so don’t worry it will pass! 
how much did you sleep last night?

Well. At try #1 I slept for 180 minutes, then 45 minutes. Then 90 minutes 😅

Uh i know its torturing. But you have to keep on pushing And things will get better!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, [[i...] said:

I'm awake in bed thinking about the future and a life without benzos. Of course it's better to be without them, but I have to say life feels empty and boring though. I don't know how to handle these thoughts... Anyone else?

This was the way I thought when I quit drinking, I couldn't see a life without it.  But then a whole new world opened up for me and it was so much better until 8 years later when I decided to take Klonopin to help me with sleep.  I'll never take wellness and sobriety for granted again. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

This was the way I thought when I quit drinking, I couldn't see a life without it.  But then a whole new world opened up for me and it was so much better until 8 years later when I decided to take Klonopin to help me with sleep.  I'll never take wellness and sobriety for granted again. 

I quit drinking three and a half years ago. I almost died because of alcohol. Twice. Then I decided I didn't want it anymore. So trust me: I know what you're talking about.

I guess in the end it's all about patience.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, [[i...] said:

I think it can be harder to quit while benzos actually still doing anything for you.. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I think it can be harder to quit while benzos actually still doing anything for you.. 

I do realize after jumping that I'd reached tolerance. I was feeling worse taking the pills. That's why I decided to taper and eventually jump.

Edited by [in...]
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

I do realize after jumping that I'd reached tolerance. I was feeling worse taking the pills. That's why I decided to taper and eventually jump.

Ahh ok.. but the brain keeps the memory of when it worked right? Sometimes the brain is stupid..