Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy

[in...]

Day 42 without Clonazepam.

I'm in the worst wave so far (again)! These are the days when I just feel like: "It's not worth it! Why am I torturing myself this way?!".

I don't know what to do anymore. This anxiety and fighting these feelings that are bubbling up is just too much. I just can't relax even though I want to!! I'm trying to breath but I keep coming back to panicmode!! Help!!

[Go...]

@[in...] vomit on your sweater already?? Moms spaghetti??

hey, you’re doing well enough to still have a sense of humor. That’s something. 

what are you doing with your day? Can we distract?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

[in...]
30 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

@[in...] vomit on your sweater already?? Moms spaghetti??

hey, you’re doing well enough to still have a sense of humor. That’s something. 

what are you doing with your day? Can we distract?

Give it a go! I'm in bed not doing much!

[jo...]
10 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Do your symptoms ease up late at night?

[Go...]
15 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

What time is it in Sweden? I’m in California

• Love 1

[in...]
15 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Do your symptoms ease up late at night?

I do feel better during late nights, yes! Why?

[in...]
11 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

It's 00:15 right now. Why?

[jo...]
Just now, [[i...] said:

I do feel better during late nights, yes! Why?

If I'm having a horrible day (which is often) I just aim for the late evening. I just focus on getting to that point and try not to think to much beyond that.

• Like 2

[Go...]
1 minute ago, [[i...] said:

It's 00:15 right now. Why?

Just wasn’t sure what the time difference was and thinking of things you could do. It’s 15:17 here and I’m thinking of maybe going for a bike ride but it’s so hot here right now.

• Love 1

[in...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

If I'm having a horrible day (which is often) I just aim for the late evening. I just focus on getting to that point and try not to think to much beyond that.

I'm trying to do the same. I've been without benzos for about 5-6 weeks now, waiting for things to turn around. It just feels like it's taking forever, you know? I've tried to stay patient...

[jo...]
12 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

I'm trying to do the same. I've been without benzos for about 5-6 weeks now, waiting for things to turn around. It just feels like it's taking forever, you know? I've tried to stay patient...

It can change fast. I was like that for a couple of months and out of nowhere I got a window.

• Love 1

[in...]
42 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

Just wasn’t sure what the time difference was and thinking of things you could do. It’s 15:17 here and I’m thinking of maybe going for a bike ride but it’s so hot here right now.

I love going for a bike ride! It can be scary though because my balance is not what it's supposed to be!

[in...]
29 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

It can change fast. I was like that for a couple of months and out of nowhere I got a window.

You always say the right things to get me back in focus bruh! Your posts are much appreciated. Like for real! 💯🙏

• Like 1

[in...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

no problem. A window is coming(y)

I had two days full of windows recently, so I'm thinking these waves that I'm experiencing right now are supposed to be here.

• Like 1

[jo...]

Yeah their hard to predict. My first real window lasted nearly a month.

• Love 1

[Go...]
8 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

I love going for a bike ride! It can be scary though because my balance is not what it's supposed to be!

Same, I’m always running into things 😂 i feel especially irritable today idk why. I just feel like I need to do something to get out of the house and change my attitude. Irritability is a symptom I struggle with a lot. 

[in...]
4 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

Same, I’m always running into things 😂 i feel especially irritable today idk why. I just feel like I need to do something to get out of the house and change my attitude. Irritability is a symptom I struggle with a lot. 

Oh trust me. I'm the same way! It's mostly because I keep forgetting that this will pass eventually.

[in...]
1 hour ago, [[G...] said:

By the way: How'd you know I'm Swedish?

[Go...]
47 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

By the way: How'd you know I'm Swedish?

You’ve mentioned it in several other posts 😂

• Like 1

[in...]
Posted (edited)

Day 43. 6+ hours of sleep. I woke up because of guess what? A cortisol rush! It only lasted for about 15 minutes though, but still. It's not like you feel comfortable bouncing out of bed. What do you guys do when it happens to you? Thanks 💯🙏

Edited by [in...]

[Bl...]

@[in...] I'm in the same place as you. Can't seem to stop the panic no matter what I try. Sweating buckets. This too shall pass.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Bu...]

I’m 6 weeks post last zopiclone so similar timeframe in a way. 
Six hours sleep and then just 15 mins of cortisol rush feels like heaven to me! I get interrupted sleep with anxiety and palpitations all through the night and often wake up confused with thoughts that aren’t my own. 

I would suggest you try deep breathing and counting and/or opening the curtains. Try to think of how you will feel when it is over. 

• Love 1

[in...]
6 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

@[in...] I'm in the same place as you. Can't seem to stop the panic no matter what I try. Sweating buckets. This too shall pass.

How far out are you? What did you take and for how long?

[in...]
5 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

I’m 6 weeks post last zopiclone so similar timeframe in a way. 
Six hours sleep and then just 15 mins of cortisol rush feels like heaven to me! I get interrupted sleep with anxiety and palpitations all through the night and often wake up confused with thoughts that aren’t my own. 

I would suggest you try deep breathing and counting and/or opening the curtains. Try to think of how you will feel when it is over. 

I've had the "confused with thoughts that aren't mine"-thing. That was years before I started benzos though. It happened because of a very stressful work environment. I've never been as scared during my whole life and trust me: I've seen some sh*t. I really know what you're going through. We're going to come out stronger on the other side though! We're in this thing together! 💯🙏

• Like 1