Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Recognize??

[An...]

Hi everyone,

I am now seven months into tapering off the Klonopin.
Besides the usual withdrawal symptoms, that really drives me crazy, i have some strange symptoms. For weeks now, when I wake up I have a cramped stomach/ diaphragm. It feels like I have been doing heavy abdominal exercises at night. I didn't... lol 🙃 It's not an esophageal cramp, it's really the stomach/midriff.
It feels annoying but it also really hurts.
In addition, something on the left side under my rib regularly rumbles. You can compare this when you have a cold and there is mucus stuck on your chest. Both symptoms make me unsure and I doubt I should see a doctor.
I have intestinal discomfort due to withdrawal symptoms but this really feels different.
Does anyone recognize this?

[pi...]

Hello @[An...],

While withdrawal brings on some strange symptoms, I would consider getting a good check up  to rule out any underlying causes. I did this a few times during this process and at least it assured me that I was ‘just’ dealing with withdrawal.

• Like 2

[An...]

Thank you @[pi...] I think I should do this. I searched the forum but could not find anything similar. This uncertainty also makes you sick.

@[An...], hi, i recognise a crumped stomach&diaphragm to the full. Felt exactly as if i'd been doing heavy abdominal exercises the day before. The only difference is i had it 24/7 from my 4th month of tapering to the acute phase. The good news is this symptom in particular disappeared last summer)

Not sure but may be i can partly relate to the second symptom too. I don't remember how it was but smth a bit similar.

Hope the information helps you.

[An...]

Hi @[...] thank you for your response. Although I find it very annoying for you, I am glad that someone recognizes this. In the beginning it was only when waking up but the last few days it has been continuous. Glad to read that it is gone with you.

• Like 1

[vo...]

@[An...] I too have the diaphragm issue, not the other issues you mentioned, only the diaphragm. Mine doesn't feel cramped, I feel tightness. I've had it the last couple of weeks. It seems to come and go. I'm at 13 mos.

[En...]
2 hours ago, [[p...] said:

Hello @[An...],

While withdrawal brings on some strange symptoms, I would consider getting a good check up  to rule out any underlying causes. I did this a few times during this process and at least it assured me that I was ‘just’ dealing with withdrawal.

I agree peace of mind is critical. I had to get a bunch of tests done on my blood as well my heart to satisfy my health anxiety. I would suggest to anyone having health anxiety. 

• Like 2

[An...]
3 hours ago, [[E...] said:

I agree peace of mind is critical. I had to get a bunch of tests done on my blood as well my heart to satisfy my health anxiety. I would suggest to anyone having health anxiety. 

For sure, I have been taking the klonopin for 20 years now and have been to the doctor so many times because I did not feel well at all. Now i think these were tolerance symptoms. I ended up getting vague diagnoses from the doctor because he didn't know anymore 😔

• Like 1