Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Can I start supplements ?

[S_...]

Guys I'm 9 months out and I'm starting to look very pale and loosing muscle tone can I start supplementing ? If I take a supplement.and don't get a wave does that mean I can continue taking it ? I want to start with multi vitamin and multi minerals . Last time I took vitamins I didn't really notice a wave but I was freaking my self out with overthinking becoz I heard not to take supplements. So is it ok to take even if I don't feel wave ? What brand supplements are u guys takeing?

[pi...]

Hello @[S_...],

I really didn’t take supplements during my recovery until I tested very low in vitamin D. My doctor prescribed a high dose but I was hesitant to take it so I ordered vitamin D drops and titrated up very slowly with no issues. 

I didn’t take vitamins but I was cycling, building up miles little by little. I also did gentle exercises at the start building up to much more intense workouts.

• Like 3

[S_...]

@[pi...] hi piano did u also experience pale skin after your acute phase? Is this normal ? I mean during my acute I had pale skin but it went away then came back now but I look much more sicker and lost facial fat on my face all of a sudden  Does this mean I have nutrient deficiency? 

[La...]

Yes it’s normal to have appearance changes in this recovery. I’ve had all sorts of changes…lost muscle tone/ strength, hair loss, teeth changes, pale looking, strange odors, old/ aged looking, weight loss, etc. But it all returned gradually back to normal except for teeth issues. The strange body odor still occurs off and on but milder each time it returns. It’s shocking to look at the before taper/ stopping your meds picture and compare it to when you’re recovery. I didn’t hardly recognize myself! 
As far as supplements, Dr Ashton as well as others (Baylissa, for example) said unless you are really low after confirmation from a doctor then it’s best to stay away from them. As stated above, if you do need them then a slow gradual approach is best. Me personally, I got my nutrition from natural sources..vitamin d : natural sun exposure for 20 minutes at least 3 times a week. Plenty of salads, veggies, fruit and protein daily. Smoothies are a great way to get your daily requirements. 
Hugs. 

• Like 3

[S_...]

@[La...] hi ladyden how long did it take for your appereance to return to normal ? I look soo pale and weak i cant let my friends and family see me like this ! I lost all my confidence : ,( I'm worried mine would never return :(

[La...]
23 hours ago, [[S...] said:

@[La...] hi ladyden how long did it take for your appereance to return to normal ? I look soo pale and weak i cant let my friends and family see me like this ! I lost all my confidence : ,( I'm worried mine would never return :(

It gradually returned as time went on. I can’t say exactly when. If I had to guess, I’d say after a year or two. It will return for you too. It may not be exactly like before but it will definitely be close. I think it’s ideal for me to mention that many who’ve recovered have reported that in their cases their looks returned better than before all this. 

• Like 1