Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What can you do if you have toxic naps?

[be...]

I cant lay down during the day. The toxic nap is horrible. I can lay down at night althought I have insomnia. But when I lay down during the day, I feel something really horrible. Idk where it comes from. It feels like impending doom. If I ever fall asleep during a day, I wake up in horror in less than 5 min. All I can do is just trying to sit and do nothing although Im soooo tired. This is horrible

[S_...]

@[be...] I also had that it was terrible but nothing worked for me I just had to wait it out.... I hope u feel better soon

• Like 1

[En...]
6 hours ago, [[b...] said:

I cant lay down during the day. The toxic nap is horrible. I can lay down at night althought I have insomnia. But when I lay down during the day, I feel something really horrible. Idk where it comes from. It feels like impending doom. If I ever fall asleep during a day, I wake up in horror in less than 5 min. All I can do is just trying to sit and do nothing although Im soooo tired. This is horrible

I had this at the beginning of my taper. It is chemical terror. You will get better as you let your brain heal. Be patient. I see you are in fight/flight mode 24/7 like I was. I know how this feels. It does get better with time and reduction of meds. I am living proof it gets better. I thought I was broken forever. That thought makes you panic and makes your symptoms worse. Nothing is going to help you but time and your own positive thoughts. Tough to do in severe withdrawal. I feel for you and pray you will calm soon. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Fa...]

@[be...]  Toxic naps were a huge obstacle for me.  I found them hard to recover from after having one.  I decided at one point I simply was not going to allow myself to nap.  So, I didn't...for months and months.  I felt it wasn't worth it.

Then I was listening to a pioneer in the benzo world discuss toxic naps.  Her words were that our bodies require all the sleep we can get for the healing process, and when so many are dealing with extreme insomnia, it was important to get what you could.  She had advised that if your body was begging for sleep, regardless of whether it was a toxic nap or not, let your body sleep.  I thought oh no...I'm not subjecting myself to that.  I fought it.  Until one day I didn't.  I had gotten to a point where I allowed the potential 'horror' in order to get whatever sleep I could.  Then one day, I had fallen asleep, and when I woke up, I was okay.  They just subsided.

I still have bouts of them periodically depending on where I am in my cut...but, they have eased considerably.  Just something to think about.  Don't give up on the naps...keeping checking in and give them a try.  You won't be able to predict when they go away.  We all understand the fear and horror.

• Like 1