Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

So my CNS is damaged and injured

[be...]

I reinstated last week and my swelling brain sensation and vibrating vision never get better. This means it is now seperate from the GABA receptors. Althought the injury was induced by the GA ba receptors down regulation, there is no guarantee that it will heal when the gaba receptors up regulate. They heal seperately and thete is no guarantee that my vision will come back when my gaba receptors comes back.

Edited by [be...]

[vo...]

@[be...] I'm curious to know how you found out that whatever you have is separate from your GABA receptors? Is this some sort of anomaly?

• Like 3

[be...]
32 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

@[be...] I'm curious to know how you found out that whatever you have is separate from your GABA receptors? Is this some sort of anomaly?

if u dont feel any changes when your gaba R has received benzo, it is seperate.

yes the symtom was induced by benzo and gaba R, but when it comes to healing, that can heal seperately. at least for my symptoms

@[be...], i'm terribly sorry for your suffering. Believe i know how it can suck. You still were so early in the withdrawal process and for some of us it needs lots of patience till we really can see any improvements. Such a weird way of recovering.

As for reinstatement, it's not that seldom benzo use being resumed doesn't help because the process of withdrawing has already been started. Read dr. Ashton. I did smth like that while in tolerance. Ran out of pills and was forced to quit for a week then got them and started again. It didn't help me at all. For me it took lots of suffering but i did feel better in the end, not yet completely. We heal but everyone at their own pace. 

• Like 1

[pi...]

Reinstatement doesn’t always provide the relief you seek. I’ve seen this countless times on the forum through the years. Additionally, it can takes weeks to stabilize once you have reinstated. 

There is no guarantee with anything but the brain and nervous system is very resilient and will work to find balance. For some of us, it can take a while. My recovery took 15-16 months. We all have a different subset of symptoms that seem to linger, it’s frustrating I know. For me, it worth the wait. I don’t know what kind of condition I would be today had I continued to take these types of drugs. 

• Like 3

[Ma...]

@[be...] I think it would be really helpful for you to go to Jennifer Leigh’s site, search B.I.N.D., and read her article.

I’m not saying that is where you are, it will inform you more about exactly what is going on in benzo w/d and clear up your constant confusion about GABA etc.

In regards to reinstating, I believe many may have suggested it doesn’t always work. Since it’s been a brief time so perhaps you want to taper over the next couple of weeks and commit to allowing the healing process to move forward, however long-or short-that may be.

Lastly, once again, everyone does HEAL. I don’t believe it serves you, or anyone reading your posts, to believe otherwise.

Edited by [Ma...]
  • Like 3

[En...]
14 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

@[be...] I think it would be really helpful for you to go to Jennifer Leigh’s site, search B.I.N.D., and read her article.

I’m not saying that is where you are, it will inform you more about exactly what is going on in benzo w/d and clear up your constant confusion about GABA etc.

In regards to reinstating, I believe many may have suggested it doesn’t always work. Since it’s been a brief time so perhaps you want to taper over the next couple of weeks and commit to allowing the healing process to move forward, however long-or short-that may be.

Lastly, once again, everyone does HEAL. I don’t believe it serves you, or anyone reading your posts, to believe otherwise.

We need hope during this process. We need encouragement. Misery loves company. 

It can be difficult to be positive during this time. Reading negativity can make it almost impossible. Some of us are trying to keep it together. 

I talk myself out of negativity the best I can. Our thoughts have an impact on how we feel. Our thoughts are powerful. What we put out there comes back. Try to stay positive during this time as difficult as it may be. 

• Love 1

[En...]
6 hours ago, [[b...] said:

I reinstated last week and my swelling brain sensation and vibrating vision never get better. This means it is now seperate from the GABA receptors. Althought the injury was induced by the GA ba receptors down regulation, there is no guarantee that it will heal when the gaba receptors up regulate. They heal seperately and thete is no guarantee that my vision will come back when my gaba receptors comes back.

Think positively during this process. To dwell on our symptoms makes this much harder to deal with. We will all heal at our own pace. 

Keep your daily routines the same. Your brain wants consistency. Bouncing your medications around will only make things worse. When we are in the thick of withdrawal we become desperate for relief. You will not likely find it in benzos. You want to be free of this chemical shakles? The only way out is through it. Consistent depletion of the drug until it is gone forever. 

I am suffering with you. I try to keep positive. I will not panic. I will not look for relief. There is no relief but time. Talk yourself down. If you are off the drug get rid of the extra. I took mine to the pharmacist and they are out of my house. No temptation to take them again. Trust me I have temptation. 

You will heal. Give it time. Be patient. Dont prolong the suffering. Keep moving forward. 

Edited by [En...]
  • Like 1

[vo...]

@[be...] I really like the advice @[En...]shared with you—it's definitely worth following. Additionally, I’d suggest finding various distractions to help you refocus. This technique has been invaluable for me and offers a non-medical way to navigate through these challenging times.

@[En...] You're writing such good advice all over the place - you're making me use up all my "reactions" on your posts today! LOL

• Like 2

[En...]
11 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

@[be...] I really like the advice @[En...]shared with you—it's definitely worth following. Additionally, I’d suggest finding various distractions to help you refocus. This technique has been invaluable for me and offers a non-medical way to navigate through these challenging times.

@[En...] You're writing such good advice all over the place - you're making me use up all my "reactions" on your posts today! LOL

I am going through a tough spot lately and believe it our not it helps me as well. I hope to spread positivity for those suffering as well.

[vo...]
3 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

I am going through a tough spot lately and believe it our not it helps me as well. I hope to spread positivity for those suffering as well.

Not sure if it is your symptoms or something else. My symptoms are really bad today - for some reason, one of my worst days. I think my anxiety is through the roof. I didn't go to the gym. Are you ok? You can message me if you want. I'm all about staying positive through all of this.

[En...]
2 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

Not sure if it is your symptoms or something else. My symptoms are really bad today - for some reason, one of my worst days. I think my anxiety is through the roof. I didn't go to the gym. Are you ok? You can message me if you want. I'm all about staying positive through all of this.

Yes I'm in a wave almost 3 weeks off. I had a horrible day yesterday today is better. I just tell myself this is the way it has to be to be off these horrible meds. I take this as a life lesson to never take my mental health for granted ever again. I hope you feel that way as well. Keep your eye on the goal. 

We will all heal. We will all be back to normal and even better. This keeps me going. 

• Like 2

[PE...]
5 hours ago, [[b...] said:

if u dont feel any changes when your gaba R has received benzo, it is seperate.

yes the symtom was induced by benzo and gaba R, but when it comes to healing, that can heal seperately. at least for my 

Gaba R??

I thought it only was gaba A and B!

I searched years for healing gaba receptors..it's like the holy grail of gaba withdrawals. I found there is none. And is it clinical proven it is gaba receptors? Or glutamate? Or cortisol? Or CNS?

There are many candidates on what causes all this mess but we can only speculate really..and go for the ride.

Acceptance is our best tool. But a hard one to master.

• Like 2

[Cr...]
8 hours ago, [[p...] said:

Reinstatement doesn’t always provide the relief you seek. I’ve seen this countless times on the forum through the years. Additionally, it can takes weeks to stabilize once you have reinstated

@[be...] what pianogirl said is exactly what I was thinking when I read your post.

I hardly received any benefit when I used a few doses of klonopin during a particularly brutal wave. If I used your logic, that would mean my symptoms were not due to Gaba downregulation either. And yet I still recovered.

You reinstating benzos did not upregulate your already downregulated gaba receptors. Only staying off benzos for a certain period of time can do that.

There are many members suffering from the physical symptoms of their recovery from benzo use. Someone suffering benzo belly issues 6 months out is unlikely to have those symptoms instantly go away just from taking benzos again.