Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

BIC request to review ASAm's deprescribing guidelines etc - I did it:)

[tr...]

So benzo info coalition put oout a request to review the draft of American Society of Addiction Medicine in regards to prescribing/deprescribing/education regarding benzos and potential risks/harm. That draft was 146 pages long! But here i am 4 years out and am blessed enough to have the cognitive ability to review it and comment - so I did a VERY thorough job. Why? Bc my voice will finally be heard. Also for all of you who are still struggling in a world of hurt still and cannot voice your experience yet. I did it for all of us.

Fingers crossed they listen and we finally get somewhere in preventing this harm from happening to anyone else, and hopefully educate masses of providers so we don't get treated dismissively each time we're at the doctor's office:)

Emotionally it was so hard to do - it was reliving it all over again. Like I'm sitting here crying right now - I'll be ok - but that took a lot out of me. I'll prob go pour a bath to regroup. 

Love, 

Trina75

PS. I hope I get to be a more prominent voice in this awareness somehow. Bc by far this is the worst thing any of us have experienced. 

PSS. It does get better - be patient with the process of healing.

• Like 5
  • Love 1