Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

BANGS - A symptom of withdrawal

[Go...]

I know I’m not the only one who just needs a boost! I used to be so in shape/physically active. Now, I spend most of the day lying in bed. I never go out, so I never “get ready”. I always just want to be as comfortable as I can be, so I spend all day in pajamas or big t shirts. I’m so tired and just feel like a potato. So I’m doing it. I’m going to chop off my hair and get bangs and no one can stop me. Am I becoming unhinged? Absolutely. Did I need to post this? Absolutely not. That is all for today.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

[On...]

No take it from me you are going through a process.

I have cut my hair a few times since been tapered and in withdrawal. I haven't been well, but needed to, I used to get roots, and toner at hairdressers. 

I've been tempted to shave mine off.

Just bear in mind impulsive decisions though ...

Do what makes you happy and need in moment and without regret. Hair grows back, and it too hot in uk for me. 

• Like 1

[En...]
19 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

I know I’m not the only one who just needs a boost! I used to be so in shape/physically active. Now, I spend most of the day lying in bed. I never go out, so I never “get ready”. I always just want to be as comfortable as I can be, so I spend all day in pajamas or big t shirts. I’m so tired and just feel like a potato. So I’m doing it. I’m going to chop off my hair and get bangs and no one can stop me. Am I becoming unhinged? Absolutely. Did I need to post this? Absolutely not. That is all for today.

We are all suffering through this. Hair will grow back. You will not be in this state forever. One day you will look back and say what an ordeal I went through. Life changing even. Nothing will touch you again like this. You will be unstoppable. Indestructible. I know that is how I will feel on the other side. A changed person forever more.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

[PE...]
3 hours ago, [[G...] said:

It's all normal. I went out around 3 times last year. And showerd around 3 times to!

Now 9 months out i shower every day and love it. Last year i was like a cat..afraid of water. 

It will pass..

• Like 5

[Co...]

Oooh to me all water burns my skin. Like vold water feels like hot water. So so scary. What the hell are these poisons. Omg.

[Bu...]

@[Go...], this is awesome!  Last February, after not having a hair cut for 18 months, I put my hair into a ponytail and had my husband cut it off.  Thirteen inches.  I gotta say, it felt pretty good.  Just my experience. :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

[Js...]
4 hours ago, [[G...] said:

I find your post refreshing and am happy for you. WHY NOT!? Chop away! 

I like my hair short, cut it every 3 weeks. I find myself more energetic when I do, and more conscious of my physical health / appearance. It's easy to just have long hair and a beard, harder to be clean shaven and vulnerable.

You absolutely should post this, say "Yes" to things and live life! :clap:

YesMan2008poster.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

[Fa...]

Bangs are good...or, for some a 'fringe'.

I have done the same thing multiple times in this.  And, I have done a good job cutting my hair.  Long hair is easier to cut yourself.

But, the last time...I followed a tutorial from YouTube.  It looked easy and fool proof.  And, it should have been.  But, not for thick hair.  Needless to say, it did not work out.  So, it was the first time I had to have it corrected.  Years ago, I would have never cut my own hair.  The whole Covid thing was the start of many taking their hair into their own hands.  In BW, it's taken it to a whole other level.

I hope you are happy with the results!  

• Like 3