Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

PRN Valium may have been increasing my anxiety, is this possible?

[Ma...]

Hi buddies,

So I just have a couple of questions please? I’m still trying to unpack my situation.

so my doctor has removed Valium from my chart, and I’ve been off it now for about 8 days (last dose was 2.5mg). I have had way less panic & anxiety now. And for the past 3 days my bottom lip twitches have gone (they were furious before - it was bonkers) and my toe twitches are subsiding (and the feeling that my toes were curling down is almost gone). 

My first question is, can you get strange withdrawal symptoms the day after a PRN Valium dose with increased anxiety? I think the PRN Valium doses were actually PERPETUATING my anxiety and twitches especially the next day. 

Could this have been happening because of my dependence, tolerance and withdrawal years ago and have something to do with kindling? Could it be setting off withdraws or mini withdrawals every single dose?

my second question is, how long before I can know for sure that this garbage (Valium) is completely out of my system? Apparently it can have up to a one week half-life!

Thanks heaps in advance!

[Pa...]

I've heard members talk about symptoms  showing up 3 weeks later, yes, the half life on Valium is long.  When did you last take Valium?

[Ma...]
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I've heard members talk about symptoms  showing up 3 weeks later, yes, the half life on Valium is long.  When did you last take Valium?

I last took Valium 9 days ago, a dose of 2.5mg. 

But it looks like I’ve spoken too soon. Yesterday after posting my post, in the day I suddenly started getting bizarre dizzy spells, head pressure and weird brain feelings whilst being asked questions in an art therapy class in front of the group. It was quite scary and I thought I was going to faint - set off anxiety for the rest of the day. Now I’ve awoken feeling really cold at 3am in the hospital ward, never felt this cold at night here before. The staff think I’m a hypochondriac and I don’t feel listened to. These feelings are very real for me.

I actually thought I was on the mend from my anxiety. I have no idea what’s going on. It didn’t feel like a panic attack but a medical thing (although traditionally I might have had panic whilst having to chat in front of a class)

Edited by [Ma...]