Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Could my symtoms be akathisia?

[in...]
1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

Yeah it feels like that..but you won't. 

It's another form of boot camp!! 

Up, eat, swim, walk, sleep and repeat. 

I hate that you're right lol. I just need to start creating more routines for myself I guess!

• Haha 1

[Re...]
On 18/07/2024 at 14:28, [[J...] said:

I have a chronic feeling of too much adrenaline in my body . At least twice a day , I have to burn it off with cardio exercise . Once when I wake up and once before bed . Or I cannot relax and feel horrible , like in fight or flight mode untill I physically release the adrenaline with exercise . No meditation or relaxation helps . I’ve tried . The only thing that works is to physically jog/ swim / cycle to burn it off then I feel pretty good after for a few hours . This is chronic for years now and I deal with it everyday  . I don’t really understand akathisia but I’m curious if anyone with it , feels the same as this or similar symptoms or thinks it is or isn’t akathisia . Please let me know ! Been on Clonazepam 15 years tapered down form 2 mg to less then .25 mg currently over the last couple years 

As someone who had severe akathisia, it did not go away and I did not feel good ever. No matter what I did, I found no relief. There is internal restlessness and then an outward inability to sit still. I had both. It came with DPDR. I felt like I had restless leg syndrome and static cling all over my body all at once and like my life was a surreal funhouse mirror. I fought to stay alive for fourteen months I was in such physical torture and mental agony. If you are getting relief, it may not be akathsia. Akathisia is poorly defined in medical literature and subjective so it is hard to diagnose. Plus, most doctors don't learn about it in med school.