Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anyone gone into surgery while in a wave😳😳😳

[Ga...]

Hi, I am going into an an umbilical hernia repair surgery tomorrow and have been in a wave for the last seven days…..overdoing in the heat and adding in some high histamine foods did it again……and just wondering if anyone else was in a wave before surgery????   Of course, no benzos will be given and I will try my best to get by with Tylenol post-op…..guess will depend on my pain level!!!

And, by the way has anyone ever been able to figure how long the sensitivity phase (Phase 3 of 4 according to Parker) lasts because that is where I have been stuck for way too long; you can tell when you are in this phase because the sensitivities to so many things is on high alert!!!

Hugs,

GG

[or...]

Hey @[Ga...] my thoughts are with you for your upcoming surgery. The most "serious" surgery I had during my taper was cataract surgery, but everything went well. Bianca sends purrs :hug:and kitty hugs.

Best,

Katz

[Ga...]

Hello Katz,  Your reassurance is so appreciated……you always seem to come through for me when I am in a more vulnerable state (female issues.).  BTW, I am still using the Estradiol and don’t know whether that is contributing to some of my short waves.  I can feel it is working (🤪🤪🤪🤪) in that area, so will keep taking it for the present time.  How goes it with you and other things you have tried?

Big hugs and kisses for Bianca….I think you shared a photo of her on our pets forum board….she is stinking cute!!!

Hugs,

GG

[pi...]

Hello @[Ga...],

I had my first shoulder surgery while in tolerance and tapering diazepam. I really didn’t know enough about benzos to make any kind of request in terms of anesthesia. I do remember the anesthesiologist telling me I should get off benzos, that long term use isn’t recommended. I told her I was tapering. I am also sure I did receive benzos for this procedure. 

I did fine. Once I started PT I resumed my taper. 

Good luck to you and I wish you a speedy recovery. 

[Ga...]

Hello Katz,  Your reassurance is so appreciated……you always seem to come through for me when I am in a more vulnerable state (female issues.).  BTW, I am still using the Estradiol and don’t know whether that is contributing to some of my short waves.  I can feel it is working (🤪🤪🤪🤪) in that area, so will keep taking it for the present time.  How goes it with you and other things you have tried?

Big hugs and kisses for Bianca….I think you shared a photo of her on our pets forum board….she is stinking cute!!!

Hugs,

GG

• Love 1

[Ga...]

Hi pianogirl, thank you so much for commenting and sharing your experience.  I have read many of your posts and have always admired your strength and support of others.  I am not really worried about the surgery, just sad that I am in a wave today when I have been feeling well for some time!!!!

GG

• Like 1

[On...]

@[Ga...] sending healing thoughts for your surgery. I think yeah being honest about your sensitivities, anxieties pre op will help, with management too. Mindfulness, nice music with headphones/ meditation helps or a good book/audio book. Also any distractions are great like colouring/ stress balls. Ice cubes are helpful too. 

Hope it goes well.

• Like 1

[Ga...]

Thank you so much, One min for all the great suggestions, which I will make good use of!!!

GG

[Ga...]

Thank you so very much, Blahx!  I hope you are doing well!!!

GG

[Pa...]

Good luck tomorrow @[Ga...], the great part is that for the duration of your surgery, you won't be aware of your symptoms, anesthesia is helpful in that way. ::)

[Ga...]

Thanks for the humor, Pamster, as I have been thinking all day today that I will be looking forward to a little twilight sleep!!!!

Gardenguru👏🏻🤪🙏

• Like 1