Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Dizzy, floaty, heavy, exhausted

[ma...]

Ugh. 5 weeks post taper from 6mg diazepam and things are getting nasty…to the point of thinking seriously of going back on! I can deal with the chronic back pain, jaw pain, sweats, sleep issues etc. 

What has hit me in the past few days is a very odd sensation of feeling very ‘heavy’ as in my body feels 3 times heavier, especially when I get off a chair or out of bed. Then when up I have a constant horrible feeling of light-headed and floaty, almost like I am in a (horrible) dream. All this, along with brutal constipation and very painful abdomen, is making it hard for me to work and function, which I must do. 
If someone said ‘in two weeks it will all be gone’ I could probably just about get by, but I have a horrible feeling I have not yet hit rock bottom…and I don’t want to. 
My taper was too fast I think and I had been in and out of withdrawal for about 3 years without knowing it! 

It’s so hard not knowing what to do for the best. I can’t really carry on for long like this as people will notice as well as me just feeling dreadful.

Anyone have similar a few weeks post taper or am I unique? Any suggestions appreciated…

Mark

[kn...]

I am not in post taper yet, but close.  (.333). I came down too fast and hard at 2 mg diazepam in August ‘23. Nearly killed me. All the stuff you described and more. Bed bound and debilitated. after 5 mo. , I posted for help. Admins weighed in and advised reinstatement to stabilize. Gradually arrived back at 4 mg and recovered.  Started over and bought a scale.  Microdosing now at taper of 5% every 4-5 wks. Honestly think I will come off ok this time. Still feel some, of course, at least functioning. Just something to think about-my experience only, but idea for you. Good luck!

[ma...]
1 hour ago, [[k...] said:

I am not in post taper yet, but close.  (.333). I came down too fast and hard at 2 mg diazepam in August ‘23. Nearly killed me. All the stuff you described and more. Bed bound and debilitated. after 5 mo. , I posted for help. Admins weighed in and advised reinstatement to stabilize. Gradually arrived back at 4 mg and recovered.  Started over and bought a scale.  Microdosing now at taper of 5% every 4-5 wks. Honestly think I will come off ok this time. Still feel some, of course, at least functioning. Just something to think about-my experience only, but idea for you. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply - I was thinking the same and just go super slow next time. I am not that great when back on them but at least I am able to function and then not treat the next taper like a sprint to the finish line. I am thinking it may take a year but that is much better than how I feel now with crippling stomach issues, weird dizziness and just feeling totally off it!

• Like 1

[kn...]

I think you’re smart. I don’t care at this point how long it takes to get off. Quality of life is most important.

• Like 2

[pi...]

Hello @[ma...],

I had pretty severe vertigo when I was early off. One episode was so strong I saw my doctor. He ordered tests for benign positional vertigo but the test didn’t stimulate any vertigo. I chalked it up to withdrawal and luckily it did ease up. I also had a very boaty feeling appear at about 4 months off. I remember having to hold onto the counter at the grocery store when checking out. This also resolved, but more slowly.

You are still in the thick of things at 5 weeks out. I have to say I was still somewhat nonfunctional at this stage. It’s so hard not to be impatient, and allow your body to heal on its own time. The need to keep going and working puts a lot of pressure on you. All I can say if that once acute was over with I felt improvements and was much more able to do more. I did teach throughout this process, at times it was very difficult but at least it was a distraction.

• Like 1