Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

my NAD journey

[An...]

I will take one for the team, and I will start my 7 day NAD journey next week. 
I will post how I feel daily. 
currently bed ridden; 

anxiety 

muscle aches 

insomnia 

paranoia 

ruminating thoughts 

depression 

I will update this thread daily and take you on the journey with me. 

Edited by [An...]
  • Like 1

[Ma...]

Are you doing infusions or pills?

How long have you been off benzos?

Hope it works 🤞!

• Like 1

[Fa...]

@[An...]  There is a group for Alternative Treatments.  You may want to start to post your journey in that group.  Not sure if you have explored that tab before...it is beside the Forums tab.

Good luck to you, and I wish you all the success in the world!

Warmly,

F

Edited by [Fa...]
  • Like 1

[mo...]
58 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

There is a group for Alternative Treatments.

Where is this group? I can’t seem to find it.

[Fa...]

@[mo...] When you select browse, all of the forums will pop up.  But, beside the browse tab, there is a tap called 'Groups'.  Select groups, and you will see three groups set up that you can join.

• Love 1

[An...]
4 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Are you doing infusions or pills?

How long have you been off benzos?

Hope it works 🤞!

Infusion, I’m not completely off. I done a rapid taper. 250mgs too 10mgs of Valium in 1 year. But I’ve hit a brick wall and symptoms are really bad atm. So I want too see if it will help me recover so I can continue tapering, atm I can’t cut anymore.  

[An...]
3 hours ago, [[F...] said:

@[An...]  There is a group for Alternative Treatments.  You may want to start to post your journey in that group.  Not sure if you have explored that tab before...it is beside the Forums tab.

Good luck to you, and I wish you all the success in the world!

Warmly,

F

No I haven’t will check it out thank you 

[An...]
5 hours ago, [[b...] said:

What is NAD

It’s a infusion that apparently works on your recovery and CNS have a read on Google and YouTube 

[Ma...]

You might also want to research Trileptal. It helps get Valium out of your system and with withdrawal. It’s also not on the list from BIC of drugs/supplements of concern. (I’m not a dr)

Google the PubMed article. 

Edited by [Ma...]
  • Like 1

[Al...]

Good luck @[An...]

Keep us posted!

13 hours ago, [[b...] said:

What is NAD

Just do a search for NAD+ on this site. There are a few threads discussing it such as the one below.

[An...]
13 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Hi @[An...]

Did you start the NAD+ infusions?

Hi no I have not done it as my GP is against it and thinks I could go into anaphylaxis and that it’s not safe, So im not sure what to do he made me extra anxious 

[He...]

A few (including me) tried this years ago and posted many times on the old benzo buddies site (or whatever it was before it took this new odd form)

best of luck. Go super slow with your first infusion. 3-4 hours. You should easily be able to dictate the lemghth as I’m assuming insurance surely isn’t covering this? 

[He...]
10 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Hi no I have not done it as my GP is against it and thinks I could go into anaphylaxis and that it’s not safe, So im not sure what to do he made me extra anxious 

What are you allergic to? If you don’t mind me asking of course. I only ask because it’s incredibly rare to have any kind of reaction to this molecule. And rarely do reputable clinics add preservatives or additives not commonly found in , literally , everything else put into you … 

I would find a new doctor. If I heard this I would be concerned. Of course, they know your history, I do not. Again, it would help to know your allergies. If you have no known allergies, his statement is baseless and absolutely ridiculous. 

also, the people at these clinics are licensed health professionals, often times much better than the ones you see at the hospital or in clinic because they WANT to be there. Any complication would be immediately recognized and remedied. 

• Like 2

[Al...]
51 minutes ago, [[H...] said:

A few (including me) tried this years ago and posted many times on the old benzo buddies site

How did it go for you? Was it helpful? Could you share your experience? I'd love to know if it can be useful while tapering as well as once you have jumped off.

[He...]

I don’t want to go into too much detail, as this is definitely something you need to go into with an open and excited mind. 

Therapy has a multitude of benefits including many that will help along the way on a taper. 

personally I stopped after seven weeks just because from a time/money to benefit standpoint … it just wasn’t for me. i have extreme health anxiety and don’t like any abnormal feelings. Each session I chose to go a full eight hours. 

it can be done in as little as 30 minutes, however I don’t at all recommend this. “Normal” people who are already strong and on many other supplements and therapies have a lot of trouble doing it. I did a three hour schedule my first time and it was not at all comfortable. Wasn’t horrific or anything. I would just not rather feel that for three hours. 

anyway. Worth a try definitely. If you do two hours or less, expect some minor chest and stomach discomfort. I hate to say it to put the idea in your head , but most people , including me , especially me 😂 , would think perhaps there is a heart issue going on. But everyone there is certified and highly qualified, or should be as long as your at a legit clinic, and are watching out for any little issue that may arise. They aren’t “worried” about you per se. They’re more constantly checking on you or around to make sure you’re comfortable (so you get the maximum benefit and come back for more sessions) 

hope this helps. 

• Love 1

[Al...]
4 minutes ago, [[H...] said:

Therapy has a multitude of benefits including many that will help along the way on a taper. 

personally I stopped after seven weeks just because from a time/money to benefit standpoint … it just wasn’t for me. i have extreme health anxiety and don’t like any abnormal feelings. Each session I chose to go a full eight hours. 

it can be done in as little as 30 minutes, however I don’t at all recommend this. “Normal” people who are already strong and on many other supplements and therapies have a lot of trouble doing it. I did a three hour schedule my first time and it was not at all comfortable. Wasn’t horrific or anything. I would just not rather feel that for three hours. 

Thanks, this is really helpful. I didn't realize you can choose the speed of the infusion as well as the dose. May I ask what dose you tried?