Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Should I updose ?

[An...]

Hi buddies, I haven’t been able to handle my last 6 cuts well at all. I am tapering diazapem and getting to the end on my taper ( currently on 10mgs ) from 250 mgs started the taper January-June 2023. 
I cut 0.65mgs per week in the last 6 weeks. And I feel like I’m getting worse by day, do I just hold here or do I updose ? 

[pi...]

@[An...],

You have done amazingly well to taper from such a high dose of diazepam. I am  not an expert on tapering, mine was a low dose and neither me or my doctor had a clear understanding of this process. My only suggestion is to wait longer between cuts. You are reducing each week. We generally suggested making reductions every 10-14 days. Some people hold even longer. 

• Like 1

[je...]

What is the current dose you’re taking? It will really help if you could update your history so we can determine the size of your cuts in relation to previous cuts. That will inform the type of advice we give you.

To update your history:

Profile => Edit profile (top-right of profile banner) => Add succinct use/taper/withdrawal history to 'History' text box => click 'Save' (bottom-right)

(You can look at my history as an example).

• Love 1