Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Brain Tremors.

[Ha...]

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/FiuCUQcB5nAJa4kn/?mibextid=oFDknk

I get these horrible brain tremors that make my head automatically shake like this.

When my head shakes, my legs also shake like in the 2nd video.

They are not seperated. They (head, legs) shake all at the same time.

I get this every 5-10 seconds. Even when I sleep. It gets worse when I see lights or look at the screen. I can hardly do anything because of this. My brain is shocked and stimulated by everything. What can I do? Besides these, I have so many other things but this is the worst.

Edited by [Ha...]

[vo...]

@[Ha...] It sure does look like one of many of the protracted withdrawal symptoms. My legs would do the same thing, but I would refer to it more like jerking/twitching rather than tremors. Kind of like the muscles in the body spazming. I've had tremors in my hands which look different than these types of movements. I found this online - Tremor and myoclonus are two common hyperkinetic movement disorders. Tremor is characterized by rhythmic oscillatory movements while myoclonic jerks are usually arrhythmic. Personally, I feel like these types of symptoms are our body's way of telling us that it is resetting. In my case, the jerking stopped about 6 mos. into withdrawal, so I would anticipate this will stop for you as well. Are you in withdrawal? If so, for how long? Have you seen a doctor to rule out anything else? Maybe @[Re...] can weigh in on this as well.

Edited by [vo...]

[Ha...]
19 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

@[Ha...] It sure does look like one of many of the protracted withdrawal symptoms. My legs would do the same thing, but I would refer to it more like jerking/twitching rather than tremors. Kind of like the muscles in the body spazming. I've had tremors in my hands which look different than these types of movements. I found this online - Tremor and myoclonus are two common hyperkinetic movement disorders. Tremor is characterized by rhythmic oscillatory movements while myoclonic jerks are usually arrhythmic. Personally, I feel like these types of symptoms are our body's way of telling us that it is resetting. In my case, the jerking stopped about 6 mos. into withdrawal, so I would anticipate this will stop for you as well. Are you in withdrawal? If so, for how long? Have you seen a doctor to rule out anything else? Maybe @[Re...] can weigh in on this as well.

doctors said they dont know why. they said it cant be cause by benzo although it started when i quit benzo

[vo...]
9 minutes ago, [[H...] said:

doctors said they dont know why. they said it cant be cause by benzo although it started when i quit benzo

OMG! You've run into doctors that don't have a clue about what happens during withdrawal! That's VERY common because they don't teach doctors in medical school, what happens to people after they go off benzos. I'm not an expert here, but I have enough knowledge to help you some before a moderator or a seasoned member can get to you. 

[Co...]
3 hours ago, [[v...] said:

OMG! You've run into doctors that don't have a clue about what happens during withdrawal! That's VERY common because they don't teach doctors in medical school, what happens to people after they go off benzos. I'm not an expert here, but I have enough knowledge to help you some before a moderator or a seasoned member can get to you. 

Hi @[vo...]

I thought it might be best to post a clarification about this. BB is deliberately organised as a peer support forum. Neither moderators nor anyone else from the BB team should be considered an 'expert'. When it comes to 'support', we are like other members, reporting our experiences, offering opinions, offering suggestions (but not 'advice').

It might seem a little picky me pointing out this (for all participants here, not just you, @[vo...]), but I think the distinction is important. Moderators and admins keep BB organised and maintain order when there is a problem, and that's all really. We all are 'peers' when it comes to support. ;)

• Like 2

[vo...]
6 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Hi @[vo...]

I thought it might be best to post a clarification about this. BB is deliberately organised as a peer support forum. Neither moderators nor anyone else from the BB team should be considered an 'expert'. When it comes to 'support', we are like other members, reporting our experiences, offering opinions, offering suggestions (but not 'advice').

It might seem a little picky me pointing out this (for all participants here, not just you, @[vo...]), but I think the distinction is important. Moderators and admins keep BB organised and maintain order when there is a problem, and that's all really. We all are 'peers' when it comes to support. ;)

Ok, thanks. I guess a better way to have put it is just that "others more qualified than myself"? I may have done that a couple of times in the middle of the night (EST), but I know now not to use that term.

Edited by [vo...]

[Co...]
Just now, [[v...] said:

Ok, thanks. I guess a better way to have put it is just that "others more qualified than myself"? 

Nah. All members are qualified to offer opinions (within posting guidelines). You are qualified to rely your experiences and offer your opinions based upon those experiences and the experiences you have read from others, medical experts, and the like. It is more about phrasing - about owning our words.

From the Community Guidelines:

Please adopt a non-prescriptive writing style. Relating your experiences, stating options, or posting suggestions of what other members might do are all welcome. However, advising members of what they should or must do is against the ethos of the BenzoBuddies Community. Nor should you attempt to 'diagnose' medical problems or suggest medical treatments to other members. This policy also applies to members with medical qualifications. A more detailed explanation of this policy can be found in our Guidelines Regarding the Giving of Medical Advice document.

You might read the document linked in the above for more details. It needs editing (it is an archived document), but it remains our position.

• Like 1