Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

when can i stop worrying about seizures?

[ga...]

after about 6 months of use of librium 25mg daily(equivalent to about 10mg valium) and the occasional .5mg ativan, i tapered for two months by reducing 2.5-5mg (1-2mg valium equivalent) every two weeks, i then switched over to valium for the end of my taper and did 1mg for two weeks. i jumped exactly 72 hours ago, should i be worried about seizures? 

[Pa...]

Congratulations on being benzo free, personally, I wouldn't worry about a seizure, they're rare unless you cold turkey from a high amount or you're prone to them.  I'd say you're good to go, how are you feeling @[ga...]?

[ga...]
5 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Congratulations on being benzo free, personally, I wouldn't worry about a seizure, they're rare unless you cold turkey from a high amount or you're prone to them.  I'd say you're good to go, how are you feeling @[ga...]?

i am feeling great honestly but having a very very mild headache and anxiety, thank you. i’m mainly stressed about seizures as i have ptsd from witnessing my ex bf have one coming off of benzos but he didn’t taper at all

[Pa...]

Its wonderful to know you're doing well @[ga...] and I don't blame you for being worried, I'm sure it was terrible seeing that happen to your ex!  I'm very confident you're going to be okay, you were smart with your taper so I expect you'll be dealing with more of the same symptoms for the next little while.  Hopefully your relatively short time on the Librium will mean a shorter recovery for you.