Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Hair standing up on one arm only

[xo...]

This happened to me recently. The hair on my left arm stood up, but not on my right. I’ve seen a lot of doctors series and although I know they’re not always completely accurate, and sometimes even completely fabricated, this usually means something bad there. I’ve seen them connect it to seizures or even brain tumor. 
It’s probably just one of those weird withdrawal symptoms, so I’m just asking if anyone can explain why this happened to me, and if it’s normal.

[PE...]

I never heard of this one.. how did you notice it!??

I did and do get shivers though. Before it was nasty horror shivers but now it's the feel good type 😆😊

I think benzos act on the nerves that control shivers and what makes hairs stand up as you describe it. Is it joyful or bad?

https://www.google.com/search?q=shivers+and+nerves&oq=shivers+and+nerves+&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIICAEQABgWGB4yCAgCEAAYFhgeMg0IAxAAGIYDGIAEGIoFMg0IBBAAGIYDGIAEGIoFMgoIBRAAGKIEGIkFMgoIBhAAGIAEGKIEMgoIBxAAGIAEGKIEMgoICBAAGIAEGKIE0gEJMTU2NzZqMGo0qAIOsAIB&client=ms-android-samsung-ss&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Edited by [PE...]

[PE...]

"Shivering is our body's reaction to what is going on in our brain. Shivering can be caused by strong emotions such as stress, fear, excitement, and anxiety due to a surge of adrenaline in the body. As part of the body's fight-or-flight response, the adrenaline hormone causes shivering