Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Water taper

[Sa...]

Feel like death. But I’ve felt like death for a year so hard to discern. 

[Pa...]

Keep us posted, this first reduction is very important, we'll use it to determine the next step.  I'm sorry you feel so rotten, and from the sound of it, you've felt like this for far too long. 

[Sa...]

Blurry vision and feel flu like. Hard to tell if it’s dosage drop or just med itself

[Pa...]

Have you had blurry vision before, and the flu like symptoms?  

[Sa...]

Blurry vision and feel flu like. Hard to tell if it’s dosage drop or just med itself

had blurry vision before but worse today 

[Pa...]
46 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

@[Pa...] vision better today but feel super shaky glad I did 1/8th and not 1/4th of cut 

Glad to hear your vision is better, how many days has it been since you reduced?

[Pa...]

Hi @[Sa...], just wondering when you might see your symptoms stabilize from this reduction, but you mentioned you pretty much felt like this before you tapered so I'm unsure what to expect. 

[Cr...]

Hello @[Sa...], just checking back in.

I believe Pamster is gauging how much that cut is affecting you when your previous symptoms are taken out of the equation.

I think the issue is being able to differentiate the symptoms of how you normally feel on this medication from the symptoms that arise due to your tapering.

If by 7 days you don't feel back to your baseline you can try waiting til 14 days. If you are back to baseline then you may be able to proceed with taking away another 1/8.

Keep in mind that this taper can always be adjusted at any time in the future if it starts to feel too fast or the cuts too large.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
[Sa...]

Cuts were too large went back up couldn’t sleep and was tremoring. Back at .25 don’t know what to do now. 

[Sa...]

@[Pa...] I went back up to .25 bc my cut was too much and I couldn’t function. Now what? Help 🥲 

[Pa...]

I'm sorry to hear this @[Sa...], but completely understand why you had to go back up.  The reduction you tried last was 1/8 of a .25 mg pill, and its the dissolvable?  How did you measure it, did you crush and weigh or eyeball it?  Sorry if you stated this somewhere else. 

[Sa...]

@[Pa...] i used a pill cutter and cut 1/8th and held for about two weeks hoping things would stabilize and they got worse I updose and now feel worse 

[Pa...]

It appears you'll need to go even slower, I'm sorry.  I wonder if using your dissolvable tablet in water would allow you to make smaller reductions?  Or you might invest in a jewelers scale for around $30 US. Do either of these methods appeal to you? 

[Sa...]

@[Pa...] water is appealing it is a dissolvable tablet how would I do that? I heard klonopin had to be with milk? Can you advise? I asked my doctor if we could taper slowly and she has no clue. Hopefully she’ll continue to prescribe. 

[Pa...]

Yes, its dissolvable and does well with saliva but whole milk would probably be your best bet for a liquid. If your doctor will supply the medication you need, you don't need her, you can lead your own taper according to your needs. 

Bing Videos

[Co...]

Quoting my answer form the other thread to here:

1 hour ago, [[S...] said:

How did you taper? Liquid? 

18 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

No. I tapered off 4.5mg clonazepam, one 0.5mg tablet at a time. I do not recall my precise schedule now, but it must have been a new 0.5mg reduction about every three weeks.

I should add, my schedule was formed out of ignorance. Knowing what I know now, I would have handled it differently.

13 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

What would you do? I need help tapering 

2 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

From that high dose (4.5mg clonazepam), and given my previous experiences with tapering, I would have:

1. Taken it more slowly
  2. Reduced my dose by half and (especially at lower dose) quarter-pill decrements
  3. Made more frequent, but much smaller reductions
  4. Perhaps allowed for a more rapid overall taper rate when at larger does
  5. Radically reduced my overall taper rate when at lower doses.

I would not plan it more exactly than that, because we should adapt according to how we react. But that would be my rough plan if I was going through it now. And I perhaps would have allowed up to a year to complete the taper.

But what's done is done. It is in the past and I eventually recovered.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Sa...]

Hi,

can i water taper klonopin dissolvable tablets? I am at .25. Tried to shave 1/8th and was miserable so I’m thinking water taper might be better

havevbeen on it for 4 months and don’t know how long to taper bc I doubt my doc will prescribe for a year. Can someone please help? I’ve watched all water taper videos and am still confused. If I did 10 percent every month that would take me 10 months no? Can’t do math. How would I do it if I wanted to water taper over 3-5 months? 

[Pa...]

It would be better if you used milk since Klonopin doesn't dissolve well in water and I don't think you'll need to ask your doctor prescribe it for a year if you're on .25 now but we can get someone here to help you with the math and getting a rough estimate how much you'll need to complete a taper.

If you're interested in doing this, I can ask someone to stop by.

Bing Videos

[Sa...]

@[Pa...] i think I figured it out. I’m gonna shave .01 every night which would be 75 days to get from .25 (weight of tablet o.085 so then 0.084 0.083 and so on. I feel this will be much more gradual and a three month taper sounds better than a year. Hoping doc will continue to prescribe. 

• Like 1

[El...]

@[Sa...] I hope you do mind if I jump in here. I would just like to introduce a few words of caution from my personal tapering experience.

First, if you make consecutive daily cuts of 0.001 grams, there is a risk that, unknowingly, your cuts might “catch up” to you. You might consider introducing a short hold every week or so to allow your central nervous system a chance to adjust and stabilize. I am tapering Ativan at a rate of 0.25-0.40% on consecutive days. I am now cutting for 5-8 days consecutively, then holding for 3-4 days to allow my system to adjust. If I do not insert mandatory holds into my tapering schedule, I usually end up experiencing very uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms. This then results in a holding period of 1-2- even 3 weeks to get back to a point of stability again.

Secondly, though your cuts initially are about 1.2%, do be aware that with each cut your percentage increases. For example, reducing from 0.085 to 0.084 grams is about a 1.2% cut. But a reduction from 0.045 to 0.044 grams is a 2.2% cut. Since you initially tried a 12.5% cut (which you found to be too large) consecutive 1.2% cuts (or greater) will quickly add up.

And lastly, unless you have other extenuating circumstances that require you to be finished with your taper in 3-4 months, I would throw away the calender and place your focus on your symptoms (or lack thereof). Most find that a symptom-led taper has a much greater chance of success than a calender-led taper.

Just a few thoughts and thanks for letting me jump in.  Wishing your great success!

[Sa...]

This makes sense thank you. I will cut and read the cut. I feel like I’m so polydrugged and kindled I just didn’t want to be tapering longer than I’ve been on the drug.