Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Activation syndrome

[Pa...]
2 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

It doesn't always make you calm. I'm finding that out.

The higher the dose that more it activates the nervous system

• Like 1

[jo...]
3 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

The higher the dose that more it activates the nervous system

Did you get bad agitation as a start up effect or just when you went to 15mg? I started at 7.5 and was getting it then. It went into overdrive when I went up from there.

[Pa...]
2 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Did you get bad agitation as a start up effect or just when you went to 15mg? I started at 7.5 and was getting it then. It went into overdrive when I went up from there.

It was taking 7,5 every (mg) go up it got worst. I Take 22,5 once but that was insane. It was feeling flying to the Moon for 36 hours.

• Like 1

[jo...]
6 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

It was taking 7,5 every (mg) go up it got worst. I Take 22,5 once but that was insane. It was feeling flying to the Moon for 36 hours.

was it a 24/7 thing for you or did it improve as the day went on? I dont feel too bad now but had the worst agitation all day long.

[So...]

It does not work on Gaba @[jo...] it works on noradrenaline, serotonin, histamine, & opiod receptors.

• Like 1

[jo...]
Just now, [[S...] said:

It does not work on Gaba @[jo...] it works on noradrenaline, serotonin, histamine, & opiod receptors.

Does that mean we should avoid opiods? I've taken them in the past. 

[So...]

No I have taken opiods too, they're one of the only drugs I trust in this tbh.  Funny how there is an opiod crisis but they aren't neurotoxic like benzos.

Mirt is mainly acting on the other three receptors, but it is used as a pain reliever in some folks that strike out on other classes of pain relief.

Edited by [So...]
  • Like 1

[Al...]
10 hours ago, [[S...] said:

No I have taken opiods too, they're one of the only drugs I trust in this tbh.

Which opioids did you find you could trust?

According to the following article, Jordan Peterson used Morphine to treat his aka. I wonder how he persuaded his doctors to prescribe it though.

https://liondiet.com/how-we-cured-treated-suicidal-akathisia/#:~:text=not to panic.-,For Physicians,-If you have

Edited by [Al...]

[So...]

Morphine and fentanyl patches were the two that have agreed with me, I hit tolerance though so I'm pretty sure I have to taper off now.  Pretty scared but they got me through an accidental klonopin CT with active akathisia, so I will always hold by the fact that they saved my life even if they aren't working well now. @[Al...]

[Al...]
2 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Morphine and fentanyl patches were the two that have agreed with me, I hit tolerance though so I'm pretty sure I have to taper off now.  Pretty scared but they got me through an accidental klonopin CT with active akathisia, so I will always hold by the fact that they saved my life even if they aren't working well now. @[Al...]

Thanks for the reply @[So...]

Could you share your experience with persuading your doctor to prescribe Morphine? Was it specifically prescribed for the aka?

[jo...]
Posted (edited)

I'm really not sure what to do here. I'm suffering with this. What if I just stop this Mirtazapine? what will happen?

Edited by [jo...]

[jo...]

I called the crisis line today and they didn't call back. 

What dosage of mirt are you on now, @[jo...]? I'm really so sorry for you and would so much like you to calm down. And i know you can and will. Just try not to make yourself worse by getting scared of mirt too much. Just a pill and you haven't been long on it. 

12 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I'm on 7.5 now

How long have you been on 7.5?

[jo...]

I just spoke to the doctor they want to see me tomorrow. probably going to rip me off it.

@[jo...], it's good. I, personally, don't think you're going to have a lot of issues bc of mirt/ its being out of your system. I know other ppl who used mirt while benzo withdrawing. They are ok. Some stopped this ad because couldn't tolerate it but no much issues afterwards. Your use was really short. I doubt very much it can be too hard on you. I think mostly It's just our nervous sistem vulnerable due to benzo can play tricks on us and is making you panic, i'm sure, in vain. Keep going. You'll be ok. I mean it.

• Like 1

[jo...]

I also had a pill left over from when I quit 6 months ago and took half. I'm worried that was a big mistake also.

34 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I also had a pill left over from when I quit 6 months ago and took half. I'm worried that was a big mistake also.

It doesn't sound good at all but not a great mistake rather an unpleasant  moment. Just don't do it any more, please!

• Like 1

[So...]

@[jo...] honestly I would probably just jump off if i were you.  It will probably be uncomfortable for a week or two but you will get through.  It sounds like you are not tolerating this drug at all, unfortunetly.